15x10 5 3/4backspacing

ssleeper94

will it run?
A friend offered me a sweet deal on aset of holeshots 15x10 w/ 5 3/4 backspace, am i right in that assuming a frame notch and rolled lips would be required

Better do a real deep notch (more than just to the seam) and you may need to modify the lower shock mount. Probably won't need to roll the lips though. It depends on the size tire you plan to run.

Then you may need to roll the fenders depending on how low the car sits, or if it squats or has much body roll on turning. Thats a BIG tire.

5 3/4'' is definitely too much with a notched frame, much less with a stock one! Being interested in having my car's frame notched, I recently spoke with Jack Cotton (who's son Brian does great frame notch jobs) and he told me that with a notched frame, the correct rear spacing for a 10'' wide wheel is 5 1/2''. Anything more than that will require a much more extensive frame rail relocating job...:redface:

Hope this helps...

Claude.

This is why I am so hesitant to post my experiences and to offer help on this board. There is always someone who twists what someone else tells them, when they haven't done it themselves, but tells all that I am wrong. Jack said that the optimum backspace with a NORMAL notch is 5.5 on a 10" wheel. That doesnt mean that you would need to relocate the frame to gain another 1/4" clearance. What it means is that you would need a fairly deep notch (past the seam). With that tire you will be doing quite a bit of work to the inner wheel well also, It may actually need to be moved a little, you will have to see.

This is why I am so hesitant to post my experiences and to offer help on this board. There is always someone who twists what someone else tells them, when they haven't done it themselves, but tells all that I am wrong. Jack said that the optimum backspace with a NORMAL notch is 5.5 on a 10" wheel. That doesnt mean that you would need to relocate the frame to gain another 1/4" clearance. What it means is that you would need a fairly deep notch (past the seam). With that tire you will be doing quite a bit of work to the inner wheel well also, It may actually need to be moved a little, you will have to see.

First, my reply was not intended for you but for ''ssleeper94'' :wink:. Second, after carefully re-reading my post, nowhere in my reply I said you were wrong. It's rather YOU who's ''twisting'' what others (Jack in this case) say...:rolleyes: It appears that's it's too complicated for you to understand this:
1° Jack never said anything about a ''NORMAL'' notch, or an ''optimum backspace'', YOU did. He just recommended using a 5.5'' backspace for a 10'' wide wheel, period!
2° He never said anything about how deep the notch had to be for those wheels to fit...again YOU did. You seem to be a ''knows everything'' kind of guy, who has probably never notched a frame yourself. I never did notched one myself either BUT the difference between you and me is that, I don't pretend to give any kind of ''expertise''. I'm simply trying to help ''ssleeper94'' by reporting what an expert (Jack Cotton) told me so he doesn't buy a set of wheels he won't be able to use. If you don't agree, call Jack at (413) 789-0531. :smile:

Thank you.

Claude. :rolleyes:

Ill post my experience. I notched my frame deep, about 1/8" past the frame. I run a 10" wide 5.5" BS rim and a 315 tire. All is good on a 26.5" tall tire.

You will be ok with those rims if you run a 1/4" spacer. The only problem your going to have is fitting the 325's. The tire is fat enough and tal enough that your going to need to do inner fender work. You'll clear the frame but not the inner fenders with that BS. You wont have a problem with a 1/2" spacer but I personally will never run that large of a spacer on anything making power.

------Jeremy;)

Ill post my experience. I notched my frame deep, about 1/8" past the frame. I run a 10" wide 5.5" BS rim and a 315 tire. All is good on a 26.5" tall tire.

------Jeremy;)

Just a quick question: Do you think that it would be possible to mount the 325's on 12'' wide rims instead of 10''s and still use them on a car that just has a frame notch ? :confused: Has anybody done this?

Claude. :smile:

Just a quick question: Do you think that it would be possible to mount the 325's on 12'' wide rims instead of 10''s and still use them on a car that just has a frame notch ? :confused: Has anybody done this?

Claude. :smile:

Man I would hate to say for sure becuase I havent tried it but it'll definately help with the sidewall bulge but I'd be more worried about outer fender clearence with the 12". I'd hate to say either way.:confused: