14's @ 130+ pretty cool

Was a local KC car.......... dont know where it is now......... KCIR is the racetrack :) Nice Stang

That is some funny crap right there :D

The guy waited like 4 seconds and still beat that other car lol Anyhow, I would think they would still nail him for the trap speed.

That's pretty funny, but as Foggedv6 said you'd still get the boot for the MPH... I seen something similar one time down here at our local track Moroso where a fast 6spd Supra ran a low 11 sec ET with 150+mph trap speed and got the boot for no cage and no parachute:eek: :D

In the same race, my buddy and I both got booted. I had the low ET and he had the high MPH.
:biggrin:

Thats just like the guy at the track (same track KCIR) with the red S-10 that runs 12.2's at around 65-70mph. He lays on the brakes just after the 1/8th.

Since we are on this subject. Fast 1/8 mile times will get you booted too. The 2007 NHRA rule book has elapsed time stipulations in both 1/4 mi and 1/8 mi. So if a 10oh car runs a 6.30 in the 1/8 ,he still has to have the roll bar.

Since we are on this subject. Fast 1/8 mile times will get you booted too. The 2007 NHRA rule book has elapsed time stipulations in both 1/4 mi and 1/8 mi. So if a 10oh car runs a 6.30 in the 1/8 ,he still has to have the roll bar.

Guess that depends on where you race... The local 1/8 mile track down here (Immokalee) you could probably run 5.30's without a cage as long as you fill out the BS tech card and have a helmet:eek:

When I was younger I pulled up to the line at my home town 1/8 track and the judge said my hood wasn't latched all the way. I said don't worry about it and they let me run! Gotta love the small towns!

FWIW I was in a s-10 with a sbc. I would never risk the Buicks hood.