14" front brake rotors?

Yeah, I hate that the stock 14" rims weigh a total of 16 lbs, plus, over my current LS1 set up. How much do the carbon fiber units weigh?

Have you installed you brakes yet? Or still waiting on brackets?

I have all my parts just waiting on my engine stall issue to solved and get it back from the shop, to install but now I am thinking that my vacuum brakes may need to be change to hydroboost for these calipers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you installed you brakes yet? Or still waiting on brackets?

I have all my parts just waiting on my engine stall issue to solved and get it back from the shop, to install but now I am thinking that my vacuum brakes may need to be change to hydroboost for these calipers.

The reason I changed my mc I needed to go with a bigger bore mc to move more fluid for the 6 piston calipers your vac brakes should be fine

The reason I changed my mc I needed to go with a bigger bore mc to move more fluid for the 6 piston calipers your vac brakes should be fine

Will I need to change the mc? I am installing 6 piston front z06 calipers I have the mc off a regular regal

I would think so gn's and reg regals had same size brakes so i am sure they are the same size bore. You need 1" min that is what c6 zo6 came with

I would think so gn's and reg regals had same size brakes so i am sure they are the same size bore. You need 1" min that is what c6 zo6 came with

Then will would it is..... will I have to switch hydroboost?

Go to rockauto and look up 07 with 7.0 eng corvette it will be zo6

Attachments

• IMG_1508.PNG
    IMG_1508.PNG
    215.2 KB · Views: 141
Calipers I have are off a 2013 z06 only difference is they are yellow. That wont matter? I assume not but you never know with these cars

Well, finally today I received the brackets I need to convert from my LS1 front rotors to the 14" Corvette rotors and Corvette calipers. Maybe this Sunday I'll start the install and hopefully won't need anything else to complete it. I'll take some photos and post them along the way. ;)

Finally installed my 14" Corvette brakes today. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet, but brake pedal feels good. I had the wrong GM caliper brackets, so I had to buy the right ones off of E-bay. Here's a couple photos ....

Finally installed my 14" Corvette brakes today. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet, but brake pedal feels good. I had the wrong GM caliper brackets, so I had to buy the right ones off of E-bay. Here's a couple photos ....

So sic!

Now, my 12" rear disc brakes look little. :eek:

No worries, just put the 14"ers on the rear and run 16" rotors up front. Lol
That thing is going to stop so qwick the seatbelt retractor won't have time to latch before your head hits the windshield.
I'm just jealous because those brakes look sooo goood and I'm still running old school 17" minibike rims. Hehe

Go to rockauto and look up 07 with 7.0 eng corvette it will be zo6
Can you believe I still have not installed, I sold the calipers and then re purchased them.
Now I have everything so I should install in the upcoming days. im just wondering and want to clarify . I have to switch my 87 Regal MC for that of a 1” either it be willwood or anything else correct? And what booster? Thanks for the help

Any one do the rears yet? I should have my front installed on by mid next week, and am starting the parts search for the rear already. Going with C6 4 piston calipers any info would be greatly appreciated
df5a3a40ce108fa065c4bd197a0a4b4d.jpg

Conversion complete only issue is my 20x9 wheels hit the front sway bar when turning I have 225/35/20 tires any ideas?

Issue solved, here is a test fit mock up what it should look like.

Attachments

• 1E3D7719-AF5A-4FA1-B7BE-3FBE1EAF336F.jpeg
    1E3D7719-AF5A-4FA1-B7BE-3FBE1EAF336F.jpeg
    411.4 KB · Views: 131