14 bolt GN1 heads stud mount rockers

86gn

Glenn is slow!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have 14 bolt GN1 heads with stud mount rockers, right now I have 1.6 scorpion rockers. Does anyone else make a high quality 1.6 stud mount rocker that will work with these heads?

Yes sir T&D Machine Products they make shaft rockers for your heads . Dls or champion usually stocks them champion also sells alumiunum shims for under the shafts to get the geomtry right rather than a stack of shims under ever bolt.

I have the T&D shaft mounted ones on my heads. Just get them from Tom @ Champion. He help me too many times with the great customer service that I can't say enough. But I did make my own shim after I knew the thickness of the shim. Made it much easier too install.

Be aware the T&D shaft system may or may not be a "Bolt-on". It comes out of the box ready for a cam with .650" lift, so if you cam is smaller and your valves are lower or higher than what T&D used for their set-up, the shaft will have to be lowered or raised. No big deal, unless as you raise the shaft the push rods get closer and closer to the push rod holes in the head, and if they hit the head, as in my case, you will need to remove the heads and grind away until there is enough clearence. Your push rods have to be dead-on perfect for these rollers and you must purchase them from Champion as the end that goes in the roller is specially designed. If you decide to stick with the Scorpions, I found some helpful info in the TA catalog about the proper way to adjust stud mounted rollers (push rod length being very key to proper geometry).
Mike

hemi8,
did I miss something here, my TD's have been in use several years w/ run of the mill CV pushrods ? I did need to have taller shaft mounts made but TD sent them N/C !

Jim

Have you had problems with the scorpions? Just curious.

Thanks for all the replys guys...

Not really been on the for a while and going to be changing out the lifters here soon and scorpions I have been told are not as nice or as quiet as some other options out there.

Guys running the T&D setup did anyone come from a scorpion and notice a difference in noise or performance?

Thanks