11's FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greeneyegi

So after owning my limited for four years now,first turbo car.i did it.
first year i ran 13s,second year 12s last night hit the wed night drags in sonoma,ca. 12's:mad:....from 102 up to 119mph:sneaky:....2sec 60s...having issues with no control of boost 25-30#......so added 5 gallons of 114oct.then i decided to quit pussyfooting off the line,use the transbrake,keeping in mind my driveshaft back is stock with 125k on it.
so i set the 2 stage rev limiter in my tr6 to 3500,and pow!11.615@122.06! I was stoked,because this was my sixth run of the night.got my 60 down to a shitty 1.904.
so she was still together and i went again...this time eliminations.do everything the same,banged off therev limiter a split second longer and Launch!felt reel good.got to about 1000 foot and noticed the guy next to me not even trying so i got out of it.he red lit.that was cool cause i usually get eliminated first.come around to the shack,where the girl always gives me a hard time for sleeping @the light,and their is an official,runs up to me and says if you do that again,you got to go home.???????????i was like what are you talking about?and i looked at my slip.............
no way!!!!!!what would it have really run?
couldnt get any sleep last night wondering that.or would they have kicked out without a warning?woulda shoulda.
anyways,i want to thank everyone here who answers questions,asks questions.that i sit and read hours everyday,its addicting.
Bison for the combo advise,turbo,cam,etc he hooked me up with.(i will be hitting you up to open that wastegate hole next week)
eric and turbo bob for the awesome tr6/powerlogger,sd2 ,chips,and all the other versions ive tried answers to many of my questions.
lonnie @ extreme automatics for the exremely awesome support he provides,answering the phone on weekends.building a bomb ass tranny,that aint skipped a beat.my reaction times are even better with the tbrake
Dusty @ ptc convertors for an awesome N/L convertor that im about to drive three hours to hot august nights and up to the lake here a couple hours away....rob zombie:D
razor alky for limiting the detonation the best it can @ those 28# hits.

i wont roll bar my car but my plans are to get this thing to 1.39 60' times with a consistant 11.50 time.so i can back that boost down quite a bit unless i find some unruly camaro or mustang or corvette out their that thinks these limiteds are grandpa cars.some old timer said my car sure is purdy?didnt know how to take that but anyways.

im shifting @ 5600 dropping rpm to 4900.1-2ndshifting to third @5200.
95mph average in the 1/8th..is that the time on the slip before the 1000 mark?and picking up 25mph to the end?
cars race weight is 3900#
what do you guys think these are the two 11 second slips i got KIMG0122.JPG
KIMG0121.JPG

Last edited:
That second one was looking like 11.19 if you do the typical times 1.56 formula from the eighth. Mph times 1.25 will give you a good idea of what you should run in the quarter for mph. 122.64. That's 10 sec mph with a 1.52-1.53 60' .;;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i removed the rjc inline with the gate ,hoping the gate would lower boost levels,but all it did was make my spool stick at 20 for at least a split second,and it felt like a dog.put it back on and it spooled instantly,the 114 fuel kept the knock way down,its was reaching 28-30 psi.

Just noticed the race weight. 3900lbs. Really heavy

Nice runs, congrats!
thanks
Just noticed the race weight. 3900lbs. Really heavy

yeah i fell off my diet for a couple months,also i run with full tank,spare, jack,4 10's,two huge amps,few extra tools,etc ,etc.
i pull up to tech,let air out of tires and run all night,air back up and off i go.

So after owning my limited for four years now,first turbo car.i did it.
first year i ran 13s,second year 12s last night hit the wed night drags in sonoma,ca. 12's:mad:....from 102 up to 119mph:sneaky:....2sec 60s...having issues with no control of boost 25-30#......so added 5 gallons of 114oct.then i decided to quit pussyfooting off the line,use the transbrake,keeping in mind my driveshaft back is stock with 125k on it.
so i set the 2 stage rev limiter in my tr6 to 3500,and pow!11.615@122.06! I was stoked,because this was my sixth run of the night.got my 60 down to a shitty 1.904.
so she was still together and i went again...this time eliminations.do everything the same,banged off therev limiter a split second longer and Launch!felt reel good.got to about 1000 foot and noticed the guy next to me not even trying so i got out of it.he red lit.that was cool cause i usually get eliminated first.come around to the shack,where the girl always gives me a hard time for sleeping @the light,and their is an official,runs up to me and says if you do that again,you got to go home.???????????i was like what are you talking about?and i looked at my slip.............
no way!!!!!!what would it have really run?
couldnt get any sleep last night wondering that.or would they have kicked out without a warning?woulda shoulda.
anyways,i want to thank everyone here who answers questions,asks questions.that i sit and read hours everyday,its addicting.
Bison for the combo advise,turbo,cam,etc he hooked me up with.(i will be hitting you up to open that wastegate hole next week)
eric and turbo bob for the awesome tr6/powerlogger,sd2 ,chips,and all the other versions ive tried answers to many of my questions.
lonnie @ extreme automatics for the exremely awesome support he provides,answering the phone on weekends.building a bomb ass tranny,that aint skipped a beat.my reaction times are even better with the tbrake
Dusty @ ptc convertors for an awesome N/L convertor that im about to drive three hours to hot august nights and up to the lake here a couple hours away....rob zombie:D
razor alky for limiting the detonation the best it can @ those 28# hits.

i wont roll bar my car but my plans are to get this thing to 1.39 60' times with a consistant 11.50 time.so i can back that boost down quite a bit unless i find some unruly camaro or mustang or corvette out their that thinks these limiteds are grandpa cars.some old timer said my car sure is purdy?didnt know how to take that but anyways.

im shifting @ 5600 dropping rpm to 4900.1-2ndshifting to third @5200.
95mph average in the 1/8th..is that the time on the slip before the 1000 mark?and picking up 25mph to the end?
cars race weight is 3900#
what do you guys think these are the two 11 second slips i gotView attachment 228199 View attachment 228184

Sweet! I don't know if you need to rev it much past 5k ever. 25mph out the back is great too; the nl is getting it done! I think it may go even quicker if you shift it a bit sooner and keep it in the torque more. IDK, not my combo but congrats none the less!

thanks

yeah i fell off my diet for a couple months,also i run with full tank,spare, jack,4 10's,two huge amps,few extra tools,etc ,etc.
i pull up to tech,let air out of tires and run all night,air back up and off i go.

You may need to dedicate your race tires if you start throwing 1.5x 60' power at the launch.

You may need to dedicate your race tires if you start throwing 1.5x 60' power at the launch.
my next upgrade is the chrome molydriveline,new posi,axles,and the h r parts rear bar.im going to work on my 60' for sure,i have all the speed i need.try to go as quick as i can with 275 drag radials,1.39-1.49 is my goal.then turn boost down @ track to stay down @ 11.50,they jumped all over me for a 11.456...
im running a 28" tall tire now

So anything over 11.5 is going too fast at that track in a full weight car without any caging, weird rules.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

So anything over 11.5 is going too fast at that track in a full weight car without any caging, weird rules.

yes,especially with cars nowadays running that time from the factory
i think the max speed is 130 if slower than 11.5

Ah gotcha, they pretty much don't want people running over a certain speed cause of safety concerns.

yes,especially with cars nowadays running that time from the factory
i think the max speed is 130 if slower than 11.5
More like 115mph with no bar

if i want to go faster i hear saramento raceway is a bit more leniant to these rules.

really depends on the track.

if i wanted my 1/8 mile time,would i just divide my 1/4 in two?or is their another formula because it pulls more at one end or the other?
and how do i tell my converter slip?
i got 28"tires/trap rpm was 5500/122mph

if i wanted my 1/8 mile time,would i just divide my 1/4 in two?or is their another formula because it pulls more at one end or the other?
and how do i tell my converter slip?
i got 28"tires/trap rpm was 5500/122mph

I use 1/4ET*.655+.22

But does your track not have a 1/8 mile timer?

edit. Look at the 660 times on your slip