118 days left

SO much to do and SO little time!! What car are you bringing B? I know one thing for sure, I'll have a full set of bearings, races and seals for the trailer! Despite not having my TTA ready and not taking 1 trip down the track with the new combo, I have a BUTT load of other crap that needs to be done before I'm going anywhere....momma says so:(

Okay, for a pseudo newbie... What is it that's at Bowling Green and how do I get involved??

Some of us Illinois guys will be going. The group I go with likes to drinkie da beer! and go to the mo'fo-en waffle house in the middle of the night completely smashed.

There will be other groups heading down from up by your area. If you find a group of people that sound like they would be fun to hang with just set up in advance to tag along or meet them down there.

You can email or PM me if you like.

Jason

Exactly one of the reasons we're going a day early this year Juio. I would still like to shake it down at home....hate like hell to go 600 miles to make an ass out of myself and my car.

Joe- im not sure, Green car if i get a trans in it, will definitely make an ass out of myself by taking that car there- Last pass was a 18.0 at 69 with the pedal to the floor all the way down the track...
Hope to shave 7 full seconds off that with the NA to Turbo conversion.:D
Julio- mmmmmm RIIIBBBSSSS and BEEEEEEER!
Postal, you have to join us for the festivities, we pit at the 1/8th mile

PS- it only took me what, 15 minutes of actual work to fix the trailer??? Damn im good:D
I hope your trailer does break down again, that way i can fix the trailer then draft you all the way down again like i did last year....
BEST MPG i ever got in my cummins turbo diesel.... 615 miles 26.5 gallons:cool:

nwarky- you guys taking the limited or the TTA?
BW

BW,
You can draft all you want as long as your leaving around noon on Monday....gonna make an extra day out of it this year. Kevin B. says he might make it this year with a few dudes from the Northland. Fast Eddy and Buddy are leaving early Monday sometime....who knows about JP, he said he'll decide if he's even going last second??? Who else do you know that's going and when are they going to be there?

Pops and I got the tranny out of the TTA in 1 hour and 10 minutes Saturday. Monday pops will drop it off with Dennis to fix that flair. I took Dennis for a ride in it to show him exactly what it was doing....he tinks it's a easy fix. He was so impressed by the acceleration in the first two gears he forgot to focus on the flair...needless to say I had to make a few 1-3 gear blasts:D I should have it back in a few days and hopefully back up and running by the same weekend. I think I found the oil leak that has been driving me crazy for months now...actually my pop found what we think it was. Looks like the front oil drain bolt was leaking and oil was running down the pipe and onto the oil pan where it was blowing back at speed...at least that's what we're pretty sure it is/was (knock on wood)! Only way to truely tell will be to road test the beast under WOT conditions. If this doesn't get it I'm racing the fricker blue smoke and all:mad: You'd better get to wrenching if your gonna have your ride ready, it's not very far away now....later!

Postal, you have to join us for the festivities, we pit at the 1/8th mile

What evening do you guys get together? We have a group of guys that always get together at Toot's on thursday night. We usually dont do any thing to big on friday night though. On wendsday night we usually sho up between super time and 10 o'clock at night.

I will be hanging out with my buddy Roger Davis. He's the guy with the Geo Metro. We usually pit around 1/2 way between the 1/8th mile and the timing towers.

Jason

Joe- We are leaving with you guys on monday, what ever time you want to leave- Papa John has the week off and i do too:)
Will be awesome to see the canuk if he decides to show up!

not sure when Neil is going, i dont about Zak either...
lil Deron is finishing highschool that week, pretty sure he will be driving his white T on wednesday and staying with us at the ho-tel 6

2 years ago when we jumped on the highway headed to BG, my dad mouths off, "man, sure is alot of traffic for a saturday morning" :eek: Boy oh boy, Zak and i laughed so hard....
it was a tuesday and we rode my dads ass the entire 8 hour trip to BG..... everyone still brings that up...

postal- dunno, we just fly by nite it pretty much, toots on thursday sounds like fun... i havent been there for about 3 years.
see ya there
BW

BW,
When we nail down a more firm time for leaving I'll let ya know. Pops has to work the night beofre but will get off early....he'll sleep a few hours and we'll head out. I took off the entire week as well....gotta get things ready...later!

I'm heading down on Wedns (may 18th??) and am staying thru Sun.

I'm at the Micro-tel special cause it was the only thing left with a room :)

Lady and I should be done there in the early afternoon.

My car is still undecided at this point in time.. Its snowing here as I type so I cant get it back to finsh the romless may 149 conversion just yet so Bruce and I can do the whammy on tuning to before the Nats......

later
Jeremy

I really like it! What I like most about the truck is the Alison tranny, it's actually smart! The crew cab is MUCH larger inside and that's nice with the kids. The dually tows my enclosed trailer like it's not even back there, and the ride isn't bad at all. What I'm not real happy with is the turning radius.....the IFS takes a new york mile to get around, that sucks when trailering...oh well. I put a Predator tuning box on it and that made a world of difference. I'm only on level 2 of 4 and the difference was VERY noticable. I've read that 3 and especially 4 are real hard on the tranny....so much so that they say not to tow at all on setting 4. The EGT's kinda get hot and that will cause all kinds of problems if it gets too hot. Anyhow, I race a car and just wanted some extra HP/Torque, so that's why I'm on setting 2 for now. Have you guys decided what car is going to BG?

should make it no problem....my pop drove his LOW 11 second GN about the same miles a few years ago....ice cold A/C and 25 mpg! We hope to pit in the same location....see ya there.