11 Sec Hardtop GN in New Jersey for $9,300

buickrob

Just mailed out a deposit on the White W02 that is up for sale right now so I figured I might as well at least put up my GN to see if it stirs up any interest.

The car has about 105K miles but the title reflects about 142K because I replaced the digital dash but didn't set the mileage before I went to inspection. I have owned the car since 2001 but it was titled in my fathers name from 2001 - 2007 so if you run a carfax you will see it was retitled in 2007. Nothing to hide, just explaining.

Car is nice and straight except for a few dings in the driver door. Runs great, strong, shifts nice. Solid 11.9 car all day at 112 mph, raced it about 3 passes with this combo and 2 passes years ago. Other than that it isn't beat on at all. I daily drove this car from 2001 through 2003. After that it got about 600 miles a year. The paint needs a buffing and detail. The hood is painted flat black but I think I've got a lead on a painted hood from a local guy that just went with fiberglass. The interior is very nice. Headliner is a custom job, was supposed to be 3D flames but it sagged. Brand new covered boards can be had for $129 though so not a big deal there.

The paint was done before I bought the car in 2001, it looked to be a few years old back then. I do think the car was in a light front end accident because it had a replaced header panel when I bought it. Even that header panel was cracked so I put an aftermarket one on it from a local guy. It was already painted, I just bolted it on. The driver's front inner fender is cracked under the charcoal cannister. It is light cracking. Lots of paperwork on the car and there are no details on a collision, I just want to be 100% up front.

Upper door panels replaced with the ones that Mikes Montes sells, look great but I did not replace the pull straps. Looks way better without them. New outer window sweeps/felts too.

The guy I bought the car from in 2001 said the motor was rebuilt but again there were no receipts so I would not sell it as having a rebuilt motor since I cannot prove it.

The hood is primed and then flat black on top. The paint was blistering and flaking in a few spots about the size of a quarter. That was driving me nuts so I sanded them down but didn't like the results. Last year I decided to sand the hood and shoot it quick with flat black duplicolor cans just because I could not get an even finish with gloss. I did this thinking I would take it to a body shop this year to have it painted but I haven't done that yet because I've been trying to buy a finished hood off of a local guy for $200 just to bolt it on. My hood is straight and rust free, just not gloss.

The drivers door is solid except for a few silver dollar sized dings. The passenger door had rust in the back lower corner that I cut out and filled. It was about 2"x3". The rear quarters had rust about 1.5"x1.5" on both sides right above the tailpipes. Other than that there have been no rust issues on the car other than the normal light surface rusting you saw on the underside pic on the rear axle, sway bar etc.

Looking to get $9,300 for the car as it sits right now.

6131 turbo
ESP front mount
SMC progressive alky
Pat's Converter 2800 Stall 12"
50# Injectors
hotwired 307 fuel pump
3" THDP
2 1/2" exhaust w/ ultra flow muffs
Turbo Tweak alky chip
adj fuel regulator
RJC boost controller
9" K&N w/ 3" maf pipe
160* stat
8.5mm MSD's
Tubular Lowers
15x8 GN wheels w/ 275/60/15 MT drag radials

If you want to save some bucks I will return the turbo to stock along with the downpipe, fuel pressure regulator, RJC boost controller, and up-pipe. I will also remove the alky, guages, scanmaster, chrome turbo sheild and stainless tips. That would leave the car with the exhaust, drag radials and widened wheels, lower control arms, rear air bags, 50# injectors, 2800 stall converter, and other goodies. It would clearly still be a solid 12 second car. I would want $8,000 setup as mentioned above.

Lots of receipts including original paperwork like the window sticker and other manuals. The build sheet is still in the pass. door which I confirmed when I replaced the upper door panels. Clear title in hand.

Please contact me through PM or email me at robfig@embarqmail.com

LOTS of pictures in this album
87 GN pictures by gnboy - Photobucket

P1030247.jpg

P1030243.jpg

P1030239.jpg

P1030238.jpg

P1030237.jpg

P1030235.jpg

Judging by the warranty book info,car never really left your neck of the woods,....Good luck,bump for ya

where in nj you from i might have seen it some where before

Lived in Jefferson for years and now I'm near Franklin in Sussex County. It doesn't go out too much lately but you may have seen it on Rt. 23 or over at Chatterbox.

ocassionaly im down 23 at my cousins or to go to dealers or to pay off my tickets at the no longer dmv lol

i usually go to fuddruckers as well but usually farther down for other occasions it just might have caught my eye on one of thsoe forgotten days

good luck with the sale
if you ever need help with anything or a lift just shoot me a pm

ocassionaly im down 23 at my cousins or to go to dealers or to pay off my tickets at the no longer dmv lol

i usually go to fuddruckers as well but usually farther down for other occasions it just might have caught my eye on one of thsoe forgotten days

good luck with the sale
if you ever need help with anything or a lift just shoot me a pm

Very cool, thanks!

Sent pics and never heard back so I figured you weren't interested. Then put a deposit on the white W02 on the board.

After a call today that reminded me I forgot to mention that the brakes were converted to Vac. about 4 years ago and the power antenna mast was broken so as a result the power antenna does not work.