11.629 @ 115.61mph

Another thing, your racing the tree. You need to leave at your own terms to get a number from the car. meaning a 3-4 second reaction time. Let the car next to you leave and take off.. pay attention to your own game.. but I know your trying to beat everything that lines up against you. That is in the end having fun.

See a car that runs 10.8's and has a 6 second reaction time in the dead of winter vs a car that nails the tree and runs mid 11's in the heat.. way different story. I wont even talk about timeslips in the Northeast of this country come late October where the track is 45 degrees and the DA is -300 going downhill with a tail wind. :D

Thats how you get 11.3 on a stock turbo ;)

I wont even talk about timeslips in the Northeast of this country come late October where the track is 45 degrees and the DA is -300 going downhill with a tail wind. :D

somebody sounds mighty jealous :rolleyes: :biggrin:

congrats on the time's...... now get the bloody thing in the 10s already ;)

Another thing, your racing the tree. You need to leave at your own terms to get a number from the car. meaning a 3-4 second reaction time. Let the car next to you leave and take off.. pay attention to your own game.. but I know your trying to beat everything that lines up against you. That is in the end having fun.

See a car that runs 10.8's and has a 6 second reaction time in the dead of winter vs a car that nails the tree and runs mid 11's in the heat.. way different story. I wont even talk about timeslips in the Northeast of this country come late October where the track is 45 degrees and the DA is -300 going downhill with a tail wind. :D

Thanks for the great advice.
I'm definitely too preoccupied with the guy in the other lane. Spoolfool2 was with me at the track and telling me the same thing you are...but....I couldn't resist. As soon as I saw the lights, I'd get all crazy phsycho killer and....bwwwoohooohoaahhhaoaoaohaoaaa:D

Nah...I'm happy in mid 11's...This is my daily driver....gotta keep it unbroken.;)
I also don't want to cage it.

Nah...I'm happy in mid 11's...This is my daily driver....gotta keep it unbroken.;)
I also don't want to cage it.

My car is a nice weather driver also (damn northeast winter's keep me from driving it year round) but Id turn the boost up alittle bit and try to get it to leave a little harder and see what it will do :D

as for the cage thing......... Im fighting with weather or not to cage my car now :rolleyes: I cant make up my mind on it...... it would help make the car a lot stiffer and safer but its a limited :(

My car is a nice weather driver also (damn northeast winter's keep me from driving it year round) but Id turn the boost up alittle bit and try to get it to leave a little harder and see what it will do :D

as for the cage thing......... Im fighting with weather or not to cage my car now :rolleyes: I cant make up my mind on it...... it would help make the car a lot stiffer and safer but its a limited :(

Ya...the exhaust leak was keeping me from being able to make more than 22lbs of boost. I would have loved to put 24-25lbs in it and see it run.:D

One of the guys here in So Cali has a real nice 10 second burgundy Limited with a Stage II motor. The cage in it is hardly noticeable...you really have to look to see it. Nice stealth job.

Always jealous of seeing people have fun with their rides :)

Off to the track this afternoon.. weather permitting :rolleyes:

Finally getting around to posting some pix from my day at the track.
No one was taking picks when I ran my 11.629 on my final pass, but they got the 11.662 run just before that. I pretty much hot lapped and ran the 11.629.

Another detail that probably limited my ET and mph...when I did these 11.6's...there is a high probability that my timing and fuel had reset to the base TT settings. I noticed at the track when I went in to reset the scan master, it was already at 128 on fuel and timing. I assumed my buddy had unplugged the orange wire already, but later when I asked, he said he didn't touch it..

I found an issue a couple days after leaving the track where when I turned the ign key, the power would glitch for a split second...just enough to reset the chip settings.
Turned out the + battery bolt that came with the Cotton's fan relay kit I installed was just a hair too long, so the batt cable was not making full contact. A stainless steel washer under the bolt fixed that.

Here's some pix.
One of them where I'm launching looks like I'm not far from getting some daylight under the left front tire.:biggrin:

Attachments

• Fontana.jpg
    Fontana.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Fontana line up6-1.JPG
    Fontana line up6-1.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 156
  • P5300729-1.JPG
    P5300729-1.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 158
  • P5300738.jpg
    P5300738.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 156
  • P5300740.jpg
    P5300740.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 159
I always knew something was "off" with ya Chicken:eek:

:D;)

Is your GN running yet???.... The kill section is getting pretty empty:confused:

:D
I'll get her running again when I'm back home. I was in Singapore last week, currently in India, and off to Thailand tomorrow.