11.50 on drag radials?

ytsglock

what mods needed to get a 89 trans am to run mid 11s on drag radial?or least amount of mods that is.

Is your car all stock?

There are recipes for bolt ons then it's just a matter of tuning.

Do a search an you should find what parts you need.

As far as drag radials that's the least of your concerns. As long as you have something like a Mickey T e.t street that will hold a solid low 10sec car and faster.

Once you get the right mods then its a matter of tuning....... And as mentioned its not as easy as bolting on and going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically a whole bunch of supporting parts that won't make you any faster on their own but once everything is in place it will allow you to run more boost. It's a slow process when you're on a budget between buying upgrades and making repairs. Took me a year to get low 12's and another year to get high 11's.

Basically a whole bunch of supporting parts that won't make you any faster on their own but once everything is in place it will allow you to run more boost. It's a slow process when you're on a budget between buying upgrades and making repairs. Took me a year to get low 12's and another year to get high 11's.

Diddo and agreed.

The real danger doesn't arrive until you reach your goals! Beware! Once yu hit the goal, you get a strange fever for wanting "faster"!!!! Then the wallet runs dry and you can't feed the need for "more" boost, quicker times, better traction, moire rpm's, better trans, .......it never ends!!!!

Drag radials from Goodridge got me into the 11's. They have just enough traction to launch her, but that's just the beginning. A good recipe for the low 11's and tune, tune, etc.

what mods needed to get a 89 trans am to run mid 11s on drag radial?or least amount of mods that is.
Alky & more boost
Good tires . Good driver . Good tuner
Will get u real high 11's
After that u will start upgrading parts

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Tune....tune ....tune....time....time....money....more money.......some more money........

and that's if you don't break anything :blackeye:

Drag radials are all I run....I prefer the stiffer side wall as opposed to a full out slick.

Out of the main 3 DR.....Mickey T, BFG and Nitto 555R.....I have run all 3

I would say the Mickey T is by far the best hooking but does not last very long and is no good in wet weather......I don't drive my car in the rain but I have been caught.

The Nitto is a pretty good all around tire IMO they last the longest by far!!!!!!!!! They do not hook as well but I was able to run 11.5 on them....granted it was a soft launch....I don't remember the psi but it was like a 1.70 60' anything much harder and they would spin....I just made up for it on the other end.

The BFG is also great...lasts longer than the Mickey T not as long as the Nitto but does hook better than the Nitto.

I am currently running the Mickey T on my car and they are great but still wont hold the car....I have a brand new set for racing. I think I may go back to a Nitto for the street. Honestly I have not had a DR that will hold my car from spinning and I don't think there is a tire out there that will hold a decent powered street car running normal tire pressure. That also is talking about a controlled spin vs a real bad breaking loose situation. One the street I want something that will last and works in the wet for when it happens. The last set of Nitto's lasted several years with track days!

Toyo TQ drags
Great tire
All around and cheep
255/50/16. & 275/45/16.

The Hoosiers D.O.T. radials are awesome! I was getting consistent 1.48 60' times with my TTA. They don't last long at all though.

The Hoosiers D.O.T. radials are awesome! I was getting consistent 1.48 60' times with my TTA. They don't last long at all though.

I haven't tried those but I like the look. And that seems to be the case in that if they hook well, they don't last long. That's to be expected though.

you definitely give up longevity for a hard hooking DR...........I just bought a band new set of Mickey T's I am going to mount them on a spare set of wheel and use them for both the GN and my Vette.........Then I think I will just get the Nittos since they hook ok but last a lot longer.

To me this is cheaper in the long run than buying two sets of tires in a year plus I feel so much more comfortable with a full tread tire on my GN since I do drive it a lot.

I also learned a lesson.......I also have the Mickey T's on my Vette and they are in great shape......anyway I had a huge piece of metal puncture the tire. I was able to patch it and I do drive on it however I will not put the car on the track with a patched tire. This is where I decided to have a set of street tires and a dedicated track tire. These things just cost too damn much!:blackeye:

Right on. I went to dedicated track tires too even though I just run a 255 MT ET Street. Same reason; had to patch one once and said never again with a race tire. I might try the Nittos for the street but I like cheap tires for the occasional "Buick Represent" burnout.