109 threshold

Vandal1987

Hey there guys just had a query into the amount of Wheel Horse Power a forged crank, rods and girdled 109 can safely withstand before the block itself becomes the weak link in the chain. If we are to say the motor is tuned safely and professionally also the block being assembled a very competent individual..

And also on a side note what do you guys think of H&R sway bar control arms etc Delrin bushings Vs The Wolfe Race Craft setup this will be a performance oriented street car so ride quality is not the top priority
please let me know what you guys think.

I've seen over 90lbs/min a few times with production blocks on the dyno. 750+whp. An anti roll bar such as an HR is very important. Good shocks make a huge difference

BPE2013@hotmail.com

oh jeez that's quite a high number wow,... Thanks for reply bison,. I am only looking to make about 600whp MAX! (I say this now:rolleyes:)... I am hoping the car is going to be just north of 3000lbs w/o driver so I think I should be able to attain my quarter mile goals with the 109 setup if the car hooks properly and I drive it right. Thanks again for the reply

My car made 588 RWHP with a stock shortblock and I know Bison has made more than that...You're goals are completely obtainable

588hp is pretty impressive. I assume this is with race gas, did u use a FAST xfi box to achieve that did u Collin?

Actually it was pump gas and alky with a maxeffort thumbwheel...Then I installed a classic fast and removing the stock maf upped the power enough that I started popping the stock pistons left and right, got 3 before I started another shortblock.

Sorry for the late reply. I going thru a painfully slow internet service provider transistion and have been off the grid for the past 3 weeks . But the fact that 588whp could be attained from a stock shortblock never mind that that number was achieved with pump and alky thats just awesome. I wish we had the same level of saturated knoledge on these cars in Canada as you guys have in the states the stuff you guys manage achieve with these cars is really a feat in itself. I really appreiate u guys taking the time to lend me advice on my car and again, sorry for the late reply..