10 Cylinder GN

Shhhhhh... 10 cylinders or not... don't tell anyone that there were only 215 of those 82 GN's made;) most without a Turbo. Looks like an original survivor got a "C" and a "4"(4.1L) in the Vin. I'm bidding.

:D in storage for 20 years but has 115,000 miles on it and back bumper about to rust off it..:confused:

i'd say its been wet a few times ...looks like glass laying in the driver door sill and that window looks cleaner than the rest of them.

and if your trying to say something is ultra rare why would you take pictures of it parked next to another one that looks just like it which most likely has all the better parts on it

hey fellas

There is a 82 Gn in Kearney Nebraska, a friend of mine owns it and it has been in his family since new. It IS A TURBO CAR :eek: :eek: with 60,000 miles!! Nice Car. Do you think he has something:D ? What do you think this car would be worth IF they sold it. He also has a 87 Gn "race model" haha

i remember the first GN i ever saw was an 82 GN, i go home (i was like 15 at the time) and i remember my dad telling me about these ultra fast cars from the 80's called Grand nationals... so anyways i go home and im like DAD I SAW A GREY GRAND NATIONAL!!! (this one was in tuff shape..) and hes like oh yeah, no you didnt they only came in black! oh.. then a couple months later we went down to bass pro shop and i saw an other grey GN with buick written across the back quater panels, but no GN symboles.. i was like look there a grand national, my dad says no thats just some one who wants to make the old granny car look fast... then i saw one driving on I-95, i say the same thing, look theres that GREY GN.. he says i didnt see it (doh!) i havent seen one sence, but then i started getting intrested in these cars, since i now have an 87, and i find a picture of an 82 grand national, and its grey, i show it to my dad and shout BOOYA...

well just thought i would share..

neil

I've owned GNs since 1990 and I've never seen a 1982 1/2 GN in person.I've seen several pictures of them.Out of the few they made not many made it to the northeast.:confused:

Neil if you saw 3 of the 215 82 GN's made you are only lucky SOB, most of us will never see one going down the road

Originally posted by 2NASSTYBUICKS
I've owned GNs since 1990 and I've never seen a 1982 1/2 GN in person.I've seen several pictures of them.Out of the few they made not many made it to the northeast.:confused:

I saw a pretty nice one driving around in the snow yesterday.

There is one down here that is used as a daily driver. The guy works at the Lowes near me. Its in pretty good shape, and it has a sign in the window telling people not to touch the car, so I think the guy knows what he has.

an 82 GN DID NOT have a bulge in the hood, but all other years did, even the 78-81 sport coupes.

it really doesn't look like a 10cyl in there, but does seem like it could be an 82 GN. so who's gonna buy this toilet?

It gets in the way of the floor jack and is a pain to put on/take off, so it stay's off. :(

Most '82's are missing the air dam. It doesn't make a good snow plow and curb & parking blocks aren't kind to them. The ebay GN still has it. Maybe not a 10 cylinder, but A 455 would work well in there. ;)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by b4black
This '82 GN has a bulge!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bet it has a turbo.

i bet its a clone :D

if you read the Vehicle Description it says:

VERY RARE 1 OF 262 MADE 1982 GRAND NATIONALS.V-6 NON TURBO.MISSING ORIGINAL WHEELS.

well thought i would point that out...

and about those 3 82 GN's that i saw, i think 2 were the same one because 2 of them were in tuff shape...

Originally posted by b4black
How much $$$ do you wanna bet?

I am willing to bet that it has a turbo.

Why? What is the rationale?

Simple. Why was that buldge put there in the first place? If everything I have ever read here is true (tongue in cheek)... then it was added to move the hood away from the very hot air compressor.

I'd still love to have an '82 GN... turbo or not. Classy car. :)

There were at least 20 or more '82 GN's with the Turbo 3.8 V6. The bulge is the most noticable difference.

The bulge isn't about heat or giving the turbo clearance. It's for clearance for the carburetor. The draw-thru turbo set up raises the carb up pretty high. That's also why they use that goofy bonnet (elbow) and remote air cleaner.