10.88@126

turboculosis

Pleasant peasant
Girdled and billet capped (2 centers) 109 and the rest of the combo is pretty much in my sig...
Boost was 24psi set on the Innovative*unit and launch was set at 12psi coming off the trans brake......10.9 A/F most of the run as per FJO* wideband o2 unit.

60FT...1.623
330"...4.550
1/8...6.989
MPH...100.34
1/4...10.881
MPH...126.33

...This is my personal best, but I gotta get the 60' times lower.:eek:

Girdled and billet capped (2 centers) 109 and the rest of the combo is pretty much in my sig...
Boost was 24psi set on the Innovative*unit and launch was set at 12psi coming off the trans brake......10.9 A/F most of the run as per FJO* wideband o2 unit.

60FT...1.623
330"...4.550
1/8...6.989
MPH...100.34
1/4...10.881
MPH...126.33

...This is my personal best, but I gotta get the 60' times lower.:eek:

Nice!

When you say ported irons, are they ported stock heads? Or something else. The reason I ask is that I've been 'stuck' around 116-117 for the past couple of years. I have decently ported stock heads and a port matched stock intake. I have a PT-61 turbo. I'm wondering what's next - heads or turbo, or just tune what I have. I'd like to be around the MPH you're at (consistently).

Thanks,
Jim

Nice!

When you say ported irons, are they ported stock heads? Or something else. The reason I ask is that I've been 'stuck' around 116-117 for the past couple of years. I have decently ported stock heads and a port matched stock intake. I have a PT-61 turbo. I'm wondering what's next - heads or turbo, or just tune what I have. I'd like to be around the MPH you're at (consistently).

Thanks,
Jim

Jim,

I would say something is hurting your mph up on the top end....You are only gaining 20-21 up top...You really want to see closer to 24 or so.

How much boost do you run?What size tire? What do the o2's look like through the run? With an easy 60ft I ran almost 117mph on stock heads,a 66BB,55's And a powerstroke Intercooler.That was running 20-21 psi,On a 28" tall tire with the dump open.20* of timing the entire run...Oh,Also running alky.

Jim,

I would say something is hurting your mph up on the top end....You are only gaining 20-21 up top...You really want to see closer to 24 or so.

How much boost do you run?What size tire? What do the o2's look like through the run? With an easy 60ft I ran almost 117mph on stock heads,a 66BB,55's And a powerstroke Intercooler.That was running 20-21 psi,On a 28" tall tire with the dump open.20* of timing the entire run...Oh,Also running alky.

The time in my sig is a bit old, but it's still my best. This year I've been able to pick up that 24-25 MPH between the 1/8th and the 1/4 but my 1/8th has slowed to 91-92 MPH (don't know why). I'm running 24-25 PSI, 28" tire. IIRC 02s were in the high 700s. Running 116 fuel, closed dump and 25 degrees of timing.

Thanks,
Jim

The time in my sig is a bit old, but it's still my best. This year I've been able to pick up that 24-25 MPH between the 1/8th and the 1/4 but my 1/8th has slowed to 91-92 MPH (don't know why). I'm running 24-25 PSI, 28" tire. IIRC 02s were in the high 700s. Running 116 fuel, closed dump and 25 degrees of timing.

Thanks,
Jim

What has changed...were you always running the 28" tire?Or were you running a shorter tire and running faster in the 1/8th?

When I switch from a 28 to a 26 inch tire it hurts my top end...But It helps the 1/8th mile ET/mph.

Are you getting any Boost creep?Or is it staying steady the entire run?

Nice!

Thanks,
Jim

Yes. Stock iron heads ported and of course matched to the intake, which is a stock ported piece also. I've learned (w/ my car) the better the 60' the better the ET and MPH. Also a wideband helps alot w/ the tune. It's what I go by to adjust fuel /boost accordingly. I try to shoot for 10.9-11.3 A/F* and zero knock. Oh, I forgot to mention I run 28" tall tire as well.HTH:cool:

Yes. Stock iron heads ported and of course matched to the intake, which is a stock ported piece also. I've learned (w/ my car) the better the 60' the better the ET and MPH. Also a wideband helps alot w/ the tune. It's what I go by to adjust fuel /boost accordingly. I try to shoot for 10.9-11.3 A/F* and zero knock. Oh, I forgot to mention I run 28" tall tire as well.HTH:cool:

That does help. Makes me think I should continue messing with my combo before throwing more parts at it.

19TTA89 said:
What has changed...were you always running the 28" tire?Or were you running a shorter tire and running faster in the 1/8th?

When I switch from a 28 to a 26 inch tire it hurts my top end...But It helps the 1/8th mile ET/mph.

Are you getting any Boost creep?Or is it staying steady the entire run?

I've always run the 28" tire. I had a few things change: transmission, torque converter and the addition of a FMIC. I got rid of my 3600 stall 9x11 and replaced it with a 5-disk Vigilante (3500 stall, allegedly). The 9/11 wasn't locking anymore and the stator was cracked. That might be where the extra MPH is coming in between the 1/8th and 1/4 - the Vigilante actually locks. But I've somehow I've robbed some 1/8th mile MPH in exchange for more on the top end. If I can get the 1/8th mile MPH back AND keep the 24-25 MPH between the 1/8th and 1/4 I'd be in good shape. Track doesn't open up until Spring so I have a couple of months to obsess about it.

Jim