08 Hot Rod Power Tour ROLL CALL!!!!

couple hastily resize teaser pics should be uploaded nightly if i get a chance. At the end you shall get the motherload. springfield had a great buick turnout, and one of the photographers is all over dad's convertible. he wants to hop in the back and ride around with dad tomorrow for some highway shots (convertibles workgreat for such things) there's a good chance dad's car will make the mag and the tr crowd mayhave to linger behind them tomorrow for a group shot. my car will have to be in the back though, as Istill haven't had time to wash it.

edit: trying to size pics with microshaft paint while using a laptop touch mouse is terrible andit's getting late so you will have to wait for pics. i will be at my own house tommorrow though. :D

hint: there were 9 turbo regals at the show today. i have the pics to prove it.

I cant wait! I was on the '05 Tour, what a great time! I got to race Jay Leno's twin turbo Toronado! We had a 70 Chevelle SS 403BBC with an Art Carr 200r4. We had no chance! ------Jeremy

OK here's a few. Starting with royal-T followed by fast86gn. then I got some cool pics of us going through the rain this morning in springfield. The springfield show pics are still on the laptop but they shall appear also. A few teaser pics will have to suffice until it's all said and done.

Attachments

• 201_7096 sized.jpg
    201_7096 sized.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 201_7097 sized.jpg
    201_7097 sized.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 201_7098 sized.jpg
    201_7098 sized.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 201_7057 sized.jpg
    201_7057 sized.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 96
More pics. "fast 86" is a very photogenic car with the shiny wheels so I got a few good ones of it. I believe the second pic is user 2tonewe4 who is running with royal-t.

Attachments

• 201_7130 sized.jpg
    201_7130 sized.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 201_7199 sized.jpg
    201_7199 sized.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 95
  • 201_7223 sized.jpg
    201_7223 sized.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 115
  • 201_7226 sized.jpg
    201_7226 sized.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 112
last bunch for now. may have to wait for the end to see anymore. hard to say at this point.

the purple pacer is my favorite vehicle of the tour. it's been in the mags before.

also got one of the wife behind the wheel for a while.

Attachments

• 201_7234 sized.jpg
    201_7234 sized.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 201_7242 sized.jpg
    201_7242 sized.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 201_7323 sized.jpg
    201_7323 sized.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 201_7190 sized.jpg
    201_7190 sized.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 85
I cant wait! I was on the '05 Tour, what a great time! I got to race Jay Leno's twin turbo Toronado! We had a 70 Chevelle SS 403BBC with an Art Carr 200r4. We had no chance! ------Jeremy

Pics of the Chevelle. I was on the 05 tour (at least from part of it). Followed a red buick street rod most of the way.

Hope you guys enjoy the ride up here through Iowa. Try not to fall asleep on the ride through, You get out in the open it all looks the same:rolleyes: Figures, one year too late-just my luck:mad: . Do me a favor and try to get some good pics while you're floating through Iowa and Nebraska. I need some pics for my background on my computer:biggrin: Don't be scared to have fun on the back roads:cool: Maybe scout a few hotties for a pic too;)

I stayed in Seneca KS as usual when I travel Eastern Ks and on the road to Topeka today (Hwy 75) I saw a BUNCH of cars and a GN on a Trailer. It had a CB antenna or something on the trunk:cool:

The GN on the trailer is from colorado and he's a lurker on this board. It was having some issues so he rented a uhaul to tow it around. the pic that 1low lesabre posted is of 2tonewe4. I got a couple more pics of it. he was looking for an upper rad hose today, while I was scouting out a blower motor for the A/C because mine's making noise. It cost me a whole $13 for one from the local napa and they delivered it to the napa tent for me within 45 minutes of ordering it. royal t had a front bumper filler fly apart from a semi wind gust. snapped a bunch more pics today but I am at my cousins apartment on his work computer so I can't load any. Also can't look at any questionable sites because they check it. He lives in downtown omaha and thankfully scored some vehicle storage in a secured parking garage for us. got a head start for ames tomorrow.

dad's convertible is pictured right now on the hot rod website. in one of the pics you get to see the nose of my car.

Heck, now that I browse around some more, Our very own David Newton (fast86GN) is pictured in the topeka coverage as well. Congrats dave! hope you made it home ok.

Hey guys I had a blast. Bob, it was nice to meet you ya'll have a safe trip the rest of the way. I am now back home, rolled into Dallas around 9pm.

Great pics. I have a bunch just no time to download tight now. I did make hotrod.com though check ou the pics here Hrdp 2008 Day3 Topeka 100z Photo

Hey I just got home 9:50pm central time.....drove all day. I had a great time hanging with 2toneWE4 & his Dad & Royal-T and his Wife. You guys have fun & be safe okay.

Yabba Dabba Doo:rolleyes:

Not much to report today except that we have a nasty storm chasing us. Should roll into town any minute now but the worst of it appears to be north of us. Lincoln and omaha got nailed today just a few hours after the tour left. 80% chance of rain for tomorrow's trip. This is the same storm system that got the boy scout camp that's all over cnn right now. Got my blower motor changed at a hospitality stop put on by a local dealer. Easy fix. Met a few TR owners today that just joined the tour here and got some pics of their cars. Rough estimate of a dozen or more turbo regals so far. My fuel economy isn't what i'd hoped for but it's not ideal conditions with all the stop 'n go and not using the cruise very much. getting about 18-20 mpg. "small" oil leak at the turbo feed line has lost an entire quart of oil so far. still having fun so i'm going to the end.

So how was the last leg down to Madison. :eek: I bet it spoiled the tour for a few people. I couldn't believe they changed the route from Hwy 14 which was open all the way to Madison to I-90 which was close due to flooding and had very few options for detours since everything was under water.
I was hoping to pick up the group near Madison but I had to help my wife go pick up my daughter from camp. We had to go north then south through the same flooded area. I got to drive and she helped navigate. We finally had to ask a local to find a way through after driving a 40 mile loop. We ended up having to take a one way, single lane boat launch road that the cops were directing traffic through. They would let 40 or so cars through one way, then after everyone came though they would send 40 cars through the other way.
I took us 3+ hrs to make the same trip it took my wife 1.5hrs on Tuesday. I did see some of the tour cars including the Purple Pacer shown earlier in this post. It was about an hour or so north of Madison when I saw it about 3:30pm.

I hope you guys made it through okay.

David
87GN

Yeah.

If we had known what friday had in store for us, we would have skipped madison altogether and just went home. The last 60 miles into madison took us 5.5 hours. I have pics of us jammed up sitting on the interstate with the car shut off and everyone out talking to each other. Thankfully the little one slept through it all. Spent 6 hours in her car seat and didn't fuss until we were getting into the venue. The stop and go with dad's four speed took a toll on the cv joint in his driveshaft, and the parts weren't available friday night, so we sat in the hotel parknig lot friday night and disassembled, cleaned, regreased, and half-@ssed it back together. I was poking broken needle bearings in between whole ones to keep them together enough to limp it home. We got into madison at 6:00, just in time to clock in and leave. MSD had packed up by then so we didn't get our last magnets or the little plaque they were giving away. Overall the trip was a blast, but friday from start to finish was a horrible day that I'd like to forget. Should be able to get pics up tonight.