08 Hot Rod Power Tour ROLL CALL!!!!

INEEDAGN

Seen Your Member
Ok guys it's a little early but I already have most of my hotel reservations and I'm doing the long haul this year. Here's the route:
Saturday June 7: Little Rock, AR
Sunday June 8: Springfield, MO
Monday June 9: Topeka KS
Tuesday June 10: Lincoln, NE
Wedneday June 11: Ames, IA
Thurday June 12: Rochester, MN
Friday June 13: Madison, WI
Saturday June 14: Madison, WI (long hauler awards)

Thought maybe if others were interested we could stick together or at least know who has what for spare parts. I will be bringing many small items. My house is pretty much in the dead center of the route this year so there will be more here. More info can be found at Hotrod.com and I will be bumping this thread back to top every now and again, unless the mods will make it a sticky.

C'mon guys lets give them a good showing!!!!
Bob Koch

It has been a dream of mine to go on that tour and I think im just going to have to go this year. I WANT to see THIS in HOT ROD!!!

Attachments

• BG2007 004.jpg
    BG2007 004.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 688
Is that a ding I see in the quarter? LOL

Hello from a fellow PDR guy!

I will have:
full size spare
two stock mafs
two coil/module assys.
ecm, and a few chips for stock, 42 and 60 lbers.
Probly a set of plugs, maybe some generic wires.
Couple of the correct lug nuts.
maybe stock injectors and a afpr
o2 sensor
general run of fuses, hose clamps, wire, etc.
mini jack and four way.
small box of basic hand tools
tow strap or chain

I have at least one other local car going with me so we are gonna share the box of just in case generic stuff, alos I happen to have room for this stuff because we are spending one of the nights at our house and will not have to keep as much laundry with us.

Don't forget to come up with some sort of anti theft. I have enough that they will need a rollback to take mine.

Damn, I was hoping they would not be coming through the midwest for another year. No way my car will be finished by then unless a miracle happens...

BUMP!!!

I have officially made all hotel reservations. If everyone wants to stick together at the hotels PM me and I will at least be able to tell you where I am staying.

There will be 3-4 TR's out of the DFW area (Texas) we'll be at LR and finishing in Topeka.

I "long hauled" last year in my "T" - loved it ALL - except for the two days of crappy weather - one being the worst weather my "T" has EVER been through which included monsoon type rain and 1' standing water and mud......

...besides that i LOVED IT!!!! and will try and long haul again this year if finances allow....;) :(

I long hauled it last year in my '64 Riviera. Blew a waterpump up outside of Peoria and had to have it towed back and I fixed it in the hotel parking lot. Banzaied it to Evansville just in time to have one of the 2 CV joints in the prop shaft seize up and had to have it rebuilt the next morning in Henderson. Bairly made Memphis in time. But I had a blast. I'm going this year but the Riv is on bed rest with a bad set of rings on the #1 causing excessive oil consumption. If anyone will buy my '97.5 Regal GS I can get that '78 Regal 4spd I've got a guy saving for me and drop my 4.1 in there without the turbo for a bit of economy and testing fun working the bugs out of the EFI system.

See ya'll on tour.

Yeah there is some good info on where to stay on the hot rod site from others who live in the area. If anyone who reads this happens to live in any of these cities, you should chime in with where you think is best to stay and what parts of town to avoid. If it turned out I was in a bad neighborhood I'd change my reservation.

Thanks for the sticky!

Ditto! I am trying to make reservations today for the 6th & 7th in LR and the 8th in Springfield.

I'm camping if anyone wants to join that kind of expedition. The only exception is that I stay on military bases if they are within 20miles of the city.

As of now, I plan to attend. Trying to get my friends '69 Camaro finished so he can go too. We started the PT in '97 but stopped a few years ago when my daughter was born. But now that she is almost 6 and my son is almost 4 it should be a great family trip.:biggrin:

Yep, maybe.

May do the LR to Topeka part with a friend in his original owner 89 350 IROC. He's 64 with failing health so this may be his last shot for a road trip otherwise I'd take my rattletrap GN.

The question I have is do most of you book the rooms through Hot Rod web site link or do you just make them yourselves? Thanks.

May do the LR to Topeka part with a friend in his original owner 89 350 IROC. He's 64 with failing health so this may be his last shot for a road trip otherwise I'd take my rattletrap GN.

The question I have is do most of you book the rooms through Hot Rod web site link or do you just make them yourselves? Thanks.

Lance, I made mine through hotels.com. I heard Expedia was good??

Here is mine
Comfort Inn Little Rock 6th & 7th
Sleep Inn Springfield 8th
BW Candlelight Inn Topeka 9th

...and then back to Texas

I used hotels.com

There will be enough cars on this trip that there should be several power tour'ers at each of the closer hotels. No real reason to use the hotrod booking agency IMO. There's pages and pages of hotel info on the hotrod forums though..

I made all of my own reservations because I spend too much money on the Buick to afford the prices they get through HOT ROD. I long hauled last year and hung with Royal T alot of the tour. He and his wife.....GOOD people!