'05 Dmax CrewCab

Wasted Income

Mmmm, black smoke....
Well I personally don't have a Turbo Buick, but my younger brother does, and he's on this forum. I've had enough seat time in his car to have been bitten by the bug, trust me.

I've also been bitten by the diesel performance bug, and this is the result.

The Basics:
2005 Chevrolet Silverado CrewCab LT
6.6L Duramax Diesel, Allison 1000 5 speed automatic trans
4x4, G80 locker, stock 245/75/16 load range E tires on forged aluminum rims
Heated leather, Bose stereo, sunroof, etc. Pretty much every option you can get on a Silverado.

Go Fast Goodies:
Diablosport Predator flash tuner 40, 65, 85, and 100 hp over stock settings
MBRP 4" stainless exhaust from the downpipe back.
No cat
No muffler
EGR blocker plate with a "Fingerstick" to prevent EGR codes
Fingers "booststick" which fools the Garrett VGT turbo into thinking that the boost is low, resulting in an increase of boost of about 3-5 psi at cruise, and about 8-10 at WOT, for a grand total of approximately 32 psi @ WOT.

What's it good for? Not sure yet, because the day I went to give the rollers a spin, the dyno broke.

Other trucks with the same setup as me (minus the booststick) are spinning 400 hp and 750-800 ft-lb at the wheels.

Next on the list is a transmission upgrade (hopefully this spring), some more aggressive fueling, and a bit of spray. That ought to be good for low 13s, or high 12s when the time comes. Not too bad for a 7000+ lb daily driven 4x4 that can tow stuff, too. :biggrin:

dmax_trailer.jpg

dmax_bomb.jpg

SWEET truck man very very cool :eek: take any trades for two buicks :biggrin: Hows your gas milliage with it if you dont mind me asking

ttypewe4jim said:
SWEET truck man very very cool :eek: take any trades for two buicks :biggrin: Hows your gas milliage with it if you dont mind me asking
Thanks bro ;)

If I baby it, I can get 20-21 on on the highway and about 18mpg combined.

If I beat the ever living crap out of it, I get about 16-17 combined.

I'll post my 1/8 mile slips at a later date, but in street trim, I was knocking down low 1.8 second short times. There's more to be had. :biggrin:

Congrats on the truck.. I just went today and picked up my 06 LBZ motor 360hp 650tq stocker. I am one of the beta testers for Edge so the monitoring system will be on it as soon as it is availble.. Should make it 500hp and 950 to 1000tq.

Desiel performance is fun!

By the way mine looks just like yours..All Black!

BoostedBug said:
Congrats on the truck.. I just went today and picked up my 06 LBZ motor 360hp 650tq stocker. I am one of the beta testers for Edge so the monitoring system will be on it as soon as it is availble.. Should make it 500hp and 950 to 1000tq.

Desiel performance is fun!

By the way mine looks just like yours..All Black!

Sweet! I hope you've planned for an Allison upgrade prior to that Edge :eek:

I'll be keeping an eye on how the LBZ pans out as far as stoopid power goes. Might have to trade up when the GMT900 is released in '07. :wink:

Na the Allison in the 06 LBZ is rated for 900 tq and is a 6 speed. The edge box will monitor the transmission slipage if any and compensate for it by reducing the power level.

I don't plan on anything else on the truck as I plan on having it for the long haul and value my warranty.

Hey, someone stole my truck!!!!!! Your truck looks exactlly like my, except I don't have the antenna on the roof. Needless to say, I love my truck. :D