03 cobra run

lope..... ya got a point! :D That's just the price you pay for driving a 2003 $35k car. It's actually not bad, if you have a clean record. I pay around $700/half for the best insurance you can buy, and I'm only 23yrs old. It pays to have a perfect record!!

There really isn't a huge difference in what I pay now, and what I pay for the Cobra. Probably paid around $75-80/mo, on the GN. I'm sure the difference would have been greater if I was over the 25yr old insurance bracket.

Damn straight, I just turned 25 and my insurance on all vehicles went way down. Here's a tip buy a beater tell them it's your daily driver and that the Cobra is a pleasure vehicle. That's what I do on my Mach I and it saves a crap load(The GN is not a beater by the way.)

I have an Accord as a daily driver. The multi-car discount applies more to the Accord than the Cobra. Since the Cobra is new, and so much more valuable, it get's the lesser of the multi-car discount.

2004 Cobra

Have the 2004s reached dealerships yet?

Other than some color options, reportedly it's the
exact car as the '03 w/o any changes at all.

(This is the last Cobra until the 2006 arrives...no '05.)

I believe the 04s are arriving Oct/Nov. There are no changes, other than the new color choices. An 06 Cobra is not definite as of yet, but it's been rumored. Should be pretty damn cool! Although, I'm not a huge fan of the new styling. I prefer the current body, which is why I went with an 03. :cool:

Well I guess they couldn't build an auto tranny that could handle the power. They were SUPPOSED to come out with an auto for 04.

Update on the 9.5 second cobra, bigger injectors (55's I think), tuned chip, 8.8 rearend, Mighty might C4, Kenne Bell blower, little shot of nitrous, 6-point cage........STOCK LONGBLOCK, valve covers haven't even been removed. It put down almost 800rwhp and pegged the dyno on torque....1200+rwtq. 60ft times come in 1.38 seconds in an almost 3800lb car.

Brian

yeah thats great I'll take mine like that from the dealer:rolleyes: .Add it up and its still 20K + on top of the cost of the car.

Originally posted by Scott Long
Some people just have too much money to piss around. I wish I had that problem. :D

You and me both.

....More like $10k for the parts...who knows what they payed for labor.

Brian

Originally posted by ViciousV6

Let's face it..... they're both amazing cars.

The 03 Cobra is doing today, what the GNs did in '86-'87.

Just be glad we have cars like these that we can own, modify, race, and enjoy!!

This is obviously a Turbo Buick website, and the TR should certainly be king on this site. But the Cobra definitely deserves some common respect between car enthusiasts...... especially owners of such amazing machines like TRs and Cobras.

Well said! :)