03 cobra run

bttwracing86T

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE 6!
ok this was great all legal to friday night i went out to the strip 114 octane and full boost. i get to the staging lanes and i see a 03 cobra i was like yes i gotta get him. so i get to the light stage and since i haven't been doing this all that much i am a newbie 8 psi held at the light or around that. i came off pretty hard the cobra hung with me but my 8.6 beat his 8.7. well he got down to 8.5's later on that night but then i got down to 8.03 1/8 mile of course. 7.9 this friday its in me i am gonna try 1 more time. 03 cobra aint got jack yet. i was impressed for the most part but pissed i didn't do better that run 8.6 was the worst run that night. i had a ball though.

Nice kill. I wish I had the money to buy and mod a "slowbra", but $40k is out of my budget. I saw 4 modified cobras last week at the track all running between 12.6 - 12.8. If they could launch at all, they would be low 12 second cars. Not bad for a track at 5800'.

I believe they can be had for as little as 28k brand new off the lot. Awesome price for an awesome car.... but then again, that is 28k more than I have. :p

Yup, I've raced one bone stock and one slighly modded, I was disappointed to say the least. I know these cars can be fast, just not so when it's stock.

I'm comparing it to my 11sec GN, so it seems slow. If I were to race them in the WRX then they would prolly seem quicker...

I have a friend with an '03 Cobra and he has about $750 into the car on top of what he got it for and it put down 513rwhp and 480rwtq with a 50 shot of nitrous to cool the air. He hasn't gotten out to race with times yet because of his work schedule. Once the car stops spinning it pulls damn hard, they have weak rearends that break pretty easily which sucks. Anyways....

good kill

Brian

"Slowbra"?

Just FYI...

My son's '03 Cobra (with about 2500 miles on it) ran a 12.15 @ 118mph with a chip, a pulley and exhaust on the factory street tires with spin at the line. I've got the pics to prove it.

He can drive like he stole it and the car has definitely got high 11's in it in the current state of tune. :eek:

"Slobra" just doesn't fit for the '03 Cobra. Not if it's got a decent driver. You better have your game face on when you meet one.

still not skreed

low 12s up here high 11s then ill worry

johnny

had a bone stock one with sticker run 13.9 at best

I just got through "modding" one for a friend. His car is nothing to sneeze at. It is fast enough to need a roll bar if he plans on taking it to the track.

btw, the mods cost him $5600 in parts alone....;)

Originally posted by billsgn
I just got through "modding" one for a friend. His car is nothing to sneeze at. It is fast enough to need a roll bar if he plans on taking it to the track.

btw, the mods cost him $5600 in parts alone....;)

Bill,

I believe that a sneeze is good for 200mph! Wow that's a fast Cobra.

And what is this, you now have friends thing. j/k

So, what has Mike done to the Cobra?

Frank

He doesn't really want anyone to know until after Burger Master this saturday....but if you call me, I will tell you. I had his car here for the past two days working on it and was able to take it for a "test" drive.....before and after. Huge difference!

Originally posted by billsgn
He doesn't really want anyone to know until after Burger Master this saturday....but if you call me, I will tell you. I had his car here for the past two days working on it and was able to take it for a "test" drive.....before and after. Huge difference!

I'm happy for him. Those cars with the "RIGHT" parts are freak'n leathel.

FS

$5600 sounds like a Kenny Bell blower and the small basic mods that will get it deep into the 10's.

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
$5600 sounds like a Kenny Bell blower and the small basic mods that will get it deep into the 10's.

That was it and that car went from fast to BAD ARSE! That's a sick kit.

Frank

You have more in your car if you really try.We have guys around here with alot less mods than you knocking down 7.6s on 110.I know a kid that went 8.0s on 17# with the stock chip,turbo and everything.Get that thing tuned,and let that SLOWBRA come prepared and he still won't be any sweat.Those stock cobras run about the same times here.IMHO,if you just spent $40K and then another $5600 to make it fast whoop-dee-do.Great for mister moneypants.He just has a $50K bellybutton.Most of the modded ones blow up soon enough anyway.

Stories of '03 Cobras blowing up are just like the stories of GNs eating turbos and blowing head gaskets...... simply not true. Any catastrophic failures I have seen or heard about (which are few) were all caused by unsafe tunes and/or mistreatment.

Not sure who is running high 13s in these cars, but I sure hope it's due to elevation. My car knocked down 12.91@110.25 the first time out. Only mod was a catback. 90* weather and it was my first time ever racing a stick car at the strip. Raven's quote of 12.15 was actually a little off. Last run netted a 12.09@118 on stock radials, full weight, and 93oct....... that's with $800-900 of parts. Car will definitely run 11s on the factory tires, the way it sits. This car constantly reminds me of my GN :cool:

These cars do not cost $40k. Bought mine for under invoice, without any rebates. Came out to around $34k

Originally posted by ViciousV6
Raven's quote of 12.15 was actually a little off. Last run netted a 12.09@118 on stock radials, full weight, and 93oct....... that's with $800-900 of parts. Car will definitely run 11s on the factory tires, the way it sits. This car constantly reminds me of my GN :cool:

These cars do not cost $40k. Bought mine for under invoice, without any rebates. Came out to around $34k

I stand corrected - I personally saw the 12.15 but had to leave the track before the end of the event. Hid DID nail a 12.09 on those few mods. :eek:

Either way, '03 Cobras are not high 13 second cars... well, unless the driver simply can't drive.

And they look ultra cool too. Especially in black. ;)