Who is hosting the Midwest Meet this year???????

Now that I have been recruited I have started to call my contact at Volo to see what dates are open and if this is possible there!

Bob- I am in. Let me know if you need any help. I am limited until April 15th but will free up after that. PayPal worked very well last year for Phil. Brad

Hey guys, I know its alot to ask, but when selecting the date for this event, you should consider what other events would take many potential turbo buick enthusiasts out of the picture... such as the following:

1) Any buick drag racing event
2) Local NMCA event schedule (rt. 66)
3) Local Events at Byron or Da Grove that would attract the buick guys.

The reason I say this, is every year I tell wickedv6 that I plan on going (along with several other turbo buick guys)... and we never end up going be cause we are typically drag racing at some other local event.

I know you can never make everyone happy, and people are always going to have scheduling conflicts, but as an example I believe that the event last year was on the same date as the "Stop light street race" Event at Byron...of which there were half a dozen turbo buicks drag racing, 3 of which in the v6 class. Myself included.

I know myself, RM 109 (new to board, but not to buicks), and a couple others would enjoy meeting more peeps from the board, and just want to point out that scheduling is a big factor. Cause we like to meet buick guys, see other cars, and hang out... but we like drag racing a bit more :)

Just food for thought.

If its not the same day as a drag racing event... I will be there with a grill and LOTS of bacon.

Planning schedule

OK guys I talked to my guy at Volo and the time is perfect as they are just setting up this years schedule.

They are hosting a club meeting on April 6 at 1:00. I will go and see what they are planning. Those that attend get first dibs on dates!

I will compare what we already have per the chicagoland buick club schedule including National events but late July or Early August sounds like a good start.

Sunday are easy to schedule something at Volo. Saterday's are available on fist come first served.

Bob,
Sounds like a great plan. I agree with July/Aug. Also scheduling around the race events is a great idea too. I'm new to all this and I was in awe of th 50+ cars last year. As you know I'm right down the road from you and can give you a hand.

Nothin crazy this year Bob. My 25.5 stock suspension SBC 88mm turbo regal project will run into 09... so I will be beating my white T like it owe's me money all season. :eek:

Cool! So can we officially say that we are shooting for Volo this year? And Bob and Butchman are taking the reins? Thanks for the help guys!!!! It'll be a blast!:biggrin: Of course, thats if my damn car is done by then!

Talley- who is in??

Ok guys I need to start getting a head count, who is in??

I need to give Volo an estimate on April 6!