Who is hosting the Midwest Meet this year???????

cliff....when r u taking the t to the track....so i can cut it down to the white meat.. otherwise ill bring Mr Bacon himself to race you with another white t

I'm down for whatever, there are some big parks here in Janesville and there are plenty of after hour activities that go down, just an option I'm throwing out there....

I think anything would be great! We could do Volo but who is going to organize the food, drinks, money, etc? I would love to have it here but i just dont have the ability to do so right now with the things going on in my personal life. I will be more than willing to do whatever I can once again to assist someone that would like to take the responsiblity over this year. I would really like to do a Wisconsin Meet either this year or next year because there are quite a few from that area and it would be a nice cruise up there. Volo would be neat to see the museum as well. Any car shows coming up in that area around August? I always tried to plan the Meet here in the Quad Cities around local events so people could enjoy the area a little. Lets get this rolling!!!! Thanks for everyones help and support, lets keep this going, you never know, we may get to 200 cars someday!!!!!! -----Jeremy

Splss was the man last yr ,have to say he did an awesome job,and he has 2 or 3 little ones...

Wish I could help but 2 jobs and a 2.5yr old and a non Running TTA,anyone want to assemble a car for $$$...:smile:

I was thinking if we did it at Volo we wouldn't have to worry about food and drinks. They have consessions on site. They said the ground use was free that way we wouldn't have to collect any money. The hardest part is the food/drink you never know how many will make it or not. Plus you have to arrange grills, cooks. If we leave out the food I would be glad to organize Volo. I can call pick a date and get any other details we need. I live 10 mins away.

Allright its on...

cliff....when r u taking the t to the track....so i can cut it down to the white meat.. otherwise ill bring Mr Bacon himself to race you with another white t

Dr., You and Cliff can both kiss my @ss! U both better watch out for the LS1 power on the way. ;)

Butchman,

I was thinking if we did it at Volo we wouldn't have to worry about food and drinks. They have consessions on site. They said the ground use was free that way we wouldn't have to collect any money. The hardest part is the food/drink you never know how many will make it or not. Plus you have to arrange grills, cooks. If we leave out the food I would be glad to organize Volo. I can call pick a date and get any other details we need. I live 10 mins away.

Last year we had people making a Paypay transaction, that worked out pretty good. If I remember correctly nobody was hurt too bad.

I nominate turbobob924 as this year's official midwest meet organizer and sole funds provider.

I nominate turbobob924 as this year's official midwest meet organizer and sole funds provider.

i agree. Bob would make the best organizer. thanks Bob for your interest and for stepping up to make this a great event!

everyone please pm Bob for dates and directions.

i will be posting his home and business phone numbers shortly. please call him after 11pm as he is a night owl.

Wow thats great...

Turbo Bob is a great guy. Post ur paypal addy(I meant Pay pay;) ) so we can start the head count. I say we go $15 a head to start.

Lol

I cant wait to see Bobs face when he sees this thread! :confused: Huh Im doing what?:biggrin: Whats a Pay Pay anyway?

OK, so seriously my opinions is this:

Concessions stands are kind of against the whole point of the meet. Many of the ladies like to bring their own little dishes to share with others which is usually the best part. So grilling out is the way to go for sure! In addition, it's just nicer being able to sit back relax and sociallize during lunch instead of having to go up and buy something to nibble on.
As far as where it is, it's really up to everyone. I just want someone to step up to the plate. It is some work but it is definately worth while. I did 2 meets in a row and enjoyed being the host and geting this thing started! I would love to do it again but i will wait till I have another little lady to help out.

Thanks for everything guys! ------Jeremy

Ok thats the vibe I was getting. I don't have time to organize the food, drinks, grills, cooks, etc. If we choose Volo I'll be glad to help out though. I was poking around on the Volo website. They allow tents, and grilling. Here is some more info from the website.

ADDITIONAL OPTIONS FOR ALL PARKS

Groups are welcome to set up tents, tables, chairs, and catering for their events. Rental of port-a-potties is required for any group of more than 50 people. You may bring your own food and may bring grills (gas only). No alcohol or pets allowed in the Volo Auto Museum parks. All functions must conclude by 4:30 p.m. Parks close at 5 p.m.