What tools do I need?

One problem I have with craftsman wrench's is they tend to deflect (spread apart) and round bolts off. Snap-on's dont really do that. Voltmeter should also be on the list.

Bruce, thats pretty phucked up what your manager did to you (not to mention your "friend":rolleyes:). You should of bought 1 breaker bar and rapped him across the knees..............

Thanks, Dave. It WAS a raw deal. I had some pretty sentimental tools in my chests, things given to me by my Greatgrandmother and some special tools from Vietnam from my Dad. The breaker bar idea is a good one, but, in reality, I would be the one in jail for assault. There was nothing I could do at all. Those low lifes got away with it. I had to control myself and move on. It was the best thing to do. A very, very expensive, hard lesson I learned in life. I now guard all of my tools religiously. And I trust very, very few friends. Only they don't know that.:D I appreciate very much you being on my side, Dave. You've been a good buddy.Thank you kindly.

Bruce '87 Grand National

What brand/model is your two post lift?

9,000# Gemini out of Texas. Get one with unequal length arms, mine has all 4 arms same length & I have trouble getting a shorter wheelbase car on it. I also had limited ceiling clearance & had to get one with a plate on the floor rather than the plate (conduit?) at the top. I see prices of lifts are lower than what I paid, you can get one for under $2k - I paid just over $2k, delivered.

Get yourself a Craftsman swivel head ratchet for changing that passenger side plug only Marty Feldman can see from outside the engine bay.

Bob

When getting Craftsman, be sure to get the best grade. I've heard rumors of Craftsman getting some of their tools from China.

When getting Craftsman, be sure to get the best grade. I've heard rumors of Craftsman getting some of their tools from China.

:eek:Say it ain't so, Joe!!!!!!!!!We can't be getting THAT desperate, can we?

Bruce '87 Grand National

Wow, no wonder they exchange them, no-questions-asked...they cost pennies to make :eek:

That would be disappointing...but certainly not surprising

Craftsman has always had a no questions asked policy. Nearly all of my sockets and wrenches are Craftsman and I haven't broken one in years.....and I'm 6'6" and 350#, so I do put a little stress on my tools !!!

*special note*

If your car was built on a Friday, It will have both metric and standard hardware on the same part! :biggrin:

Glad you found the issue and enjoy that monster.