Upgrading from pte 5831 mfs

No clue on either one. It's a TT chip setup for alchy and high boost (if that even makes a difference) and I don't monitor AFR.
ks

WHAT! Not even with the narrowband? You really shouldn't be getting on your car let alone coaching anybody without having verified your timing and at least some idea what the narrowband numbers are wot in 3rd.

People have been going a lot faster than me without all the new fancy electronics for a looong time. I know my car pretty well and I do monitor several things: O2's with stock type sensor (car is very safe and "normal" with O2's of 820), Audible knock detector which I ALWAYs pay attention to, Fuel Psi and last but not least I use my senses to feel/listen to what the car is doing. If it just feels or sounds goofy I let off no matter what and I review the logs.

The only gauge I have in the car is my laptop with PowerLogger. No tach, no boost gauge, no fuel psi, nothing. I listen and feel how the car is running.

ks

I could feel knock in my fox mustang on the steering wheel. Have been looking into a home made audible unit. What unit do you use kevin?

I agree you dont need a bunch if fancy sensors I ran 10.80s in two different stock longblock cars with just the power logger

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I agree you dont need a bunch if fancy sensors I ran 10.80s in two different stock longblock cars with just the power logger

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
THANK YOU!

I went for a test blast once and I HEARD knock but neither the audible nor Powerlogger registered it.. Sure enough the O2's were way off from what I consider "normal".

I put a different boost controller in it this weekend. I have it around 28-30psi. I have an HD actuator and I have it to its max. Would it be better to have 1/8" tension or just leave it alone? I also added 2 throttle cable springs to th wastegate puck arm.

I don't think it matters as long as there is enough tension to hold it closed.

ks