Precision 6262 or 6266

At the track now, basically paid to get in, went to tech and straight to the starting line, no air pressure check, no other adjustments. 12.09 @ 116.7. That was with 26lbs. Turned it up for the next pass, stay tuned.

What is the boost at? Close to 30?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You are running the mph for 10s Just need a 1.52 60ft

You are running the mph for 10s Just need a 1.52 60ft

Close, I went 11.34 @ near 120 on a 1.54 60', 7.24 @ 96 in the eighth. A lighter car would get there though I suppose.

I know, having a hard time building boost without pushing through the brakes. Still on a stock converter too.....

Just turned up the boost a little and added some timing.

11.1 @121......it nosed over real bad at the 1000ft mark and I looked down and 14* of knock :( It was missing pretty bad after...... I'm hoping head gaskets.

All my fault, I always watch my gauges and after I sat in the lanes for over an hour waiting for track cleanup I was just anxious to run.

11.1 @121......it nosed over real bad at the 1000ft mark and I looked down and 14* of knock :( It was missing pretty bad after...... I'm hoping head gaskets.

All my fault, I always watch my gauges and after I sat in the lanes for over an hour waiting for track cleanup I was just anxious to run.
What fuel are you running? Are you giving it more fuel through the chip to compensate for the extra boost? Nice job, with a converter, you will be in the 10's.

I had about 9 gallons of 100oct with the 3-5g of 93 that I was sure was left in the tank. That and the meth. Yeah, I had added more fuel as well. I honestly think that if it was a clean pass it might have been a 10.99 or faster. It nosed over at the 1000' mark.

This is getting me pumped up. Car has been down for 6 years waiting new engine build and set up. I went with the precision 6262 and ptc 9.5 non lockup 3000 stall. Hopefully this spring it will
be up and running. will post the times when I can get it to the track.

When I made my 6.90 run with my 6262 I had to turn Erics TT alky chip up the full 20 percent in high gear and crank the alky wide open to cover my butt for KR.

Love the 6262 and Dusty's non lock on the car, I haven't been to the track at all last year, but just tonight some ass clowns on the highway where messing with me, until I dropped it out of overdrive and nailed it, lighting the tires up at 55 mph... life is darn good, thanks to all you guys on the Internet !!

Chuck

Drove my car today for the first time with this 6265.... Put it in my inlaws garage till the Buick event next month....Did not go full throttle but this thing seems to spool up quicker than my 6262 did....It was pulling good at just part throttle, so can't wait to go to the track to see what this thing does..The turbo swap is the only change made to the car....

Drove my car today for the first time with this 6265.... Put it in my inlaws garage till the Buick event next month....Did not go full throttle but this thing seems to spool up quicker than my 6262 did....It was pulling good at just part throttle, so can't wait to go to the track to see what this thing does..The turbo swap is the only change made to the car....
I swapped from a 6262bb to a 6266bb and figured I would get a little more lag. The 6266 spooled quicker in my opinion. The 6266 is insane on my stroker engine

I swapped from a 6262bb to a 6266bb and figured I would get a little more lag. The 6266 spooled quicker in my opinion. The 6266 is insane on my stroker engine
Good to hear!! Haven't driven my car in several months and not sure if I wasn't use to the power compared to my daily driver....Do you have any track comparisons of the two??

Good to hear!! Haven't driven my car in several months and not sure if I wasn't use to the power compared to my daily driver....Do you have any track comparisons of the two??
No track time comparisons but my car definitely feels stronger in the mid range and top end. The bigger turbine really helped with my 252" engine

No track time comparisons but my car definitely feels stronger in the mid range and top end. The bigger turbine really helped with my 252" engine
Ya I could see where with a stroker you would benifit....I won't see the difference you will cause I'm not pushing near as much air....I hope to be able to see a little gain and run consistent high tens...Thinking that my 6262 turbo may have not been right from the start!!

I think you will be very happy with the 6265. Look forward to seeing how the car runs.

Just an update, car ran 11.03, 11.05 and then finally a clean pass on the 3rd go around, 10.73@ 124.8.
Stock motor minus valve springs and timing chain with a 6262.