That GN is stock right...........riiiiiiiight!!!

Why not block off the wastegate hose completely and adjust your exhaust pressure with the actuator rod? You should be able to get 25-28 psi that way.. BTDT

I'm actually totally comfortable and happy with it where it is. I didnt want to go with something that was over the top and we all know that it's easy to go farther and farther with our cars and then before you know it, it's a 9 second car. This car had a projected goal to be a bone stock car but I wanted to do a few little twists to see what I could do. I knew before hand where exactly I wanted it as compared to an actual stock car and I feel I am a little further than originally intended, which is perfect! The car is so much fun to drive. I know you guys know what I am feeling when it comes to our super modded cars, they sometimes seem to just be a little over the top. I didnt want that with this car. Like earlier posted, I wanted to do what the engineers of todays technology would have done with a turbo application. I feel like I freakin nailed it with this car. I garauntee nobody, even a GN guy, could look at it with a fine tooth comb and be able to tell its not stock. The only thing that throws it off visually is the difference in shape of the injectors but since I painted them semi gloss black, even that would be hard to catch. The thing that i like is the drivability of it. My Stage 2 car and all the other highly modded cars I have built are reliable but theres just something nice about a stock car. They just drive so nice and smooth and sometimes it's relieving to be abe to cruise one with no worries.

Jason, you have been a guy that a lot of us look up to and you have made leaps and hurdles that a lot of us will never be able to compare to. I would love to see a guy like you do a similar build and push it to the max!!!!!!:D

I would like to do my car like this but much more modded such as a roller cam, stroker crank, and a bigger turbo. Like maybe a TA-62. Also a much looser converter. Do you guys think I could get it in the 10's on E-85 through a stock airbox and intercooler? Thanks for the inspiration jdpolzin.

I would say you could definately get it to the tens with a stock airbox. I'm really impressed with how well this flows. I drilled 1" holes in mine in the areas that are hidden by the plastic inner fender. You can hear the horse sneeze well. With a double pumper pushing the E85 through stock lines, it would be easy to do. You'd have to do some tricky hidden wiring though! Another issue may be the stock intercooler heating up and the stock IC hoses blowing out. I'm sure it could be pushed to the max though! Also, tires are really going to be a problem. I'm driving on the 17's for now but will be changing back to stockers after paint. It rips the stock tires easily. I thoought about 235 drag radials but even that will throw off the original/restored effect that I'm going for.

I'm looking forward to seeing some cool stock appearing builds popping up after this!!!!:D

Another few things to think about if your really going to push it will be the stock style crossflow exhaust and stock down pipe. If you truly want it to look stock you dont want gauges all over it so your going to have to rely on the accuracy of the stock boost gauge. You could do what I have on my stage car and hide an audible knock sensor between the drivers seat and the center counsol. Boost control is going to be a problem as well. And, you could get HR motor mounts and just paint them all black so they arent as noticable.

I would like to do my car like this but much more modded such as a roller cam, stroker crank, and a bigger turbo. Like maybe a TA-62. Also a much looser converter. Do you guys think I could get it in the 10's on E-85 through a stock airbox and intercooler? Thanks for the inspiration jdpolzin.

Great stuff guys. I wish you both the best of luck and I'm hoping to see these builds in person one day.

Damn, it would be awesome to have a 10 second car that looks stone stock. How much turbo do you think it would really take to do it with the mods I mentioned before?

Damn, it would be awesome to have a 10 second car that looks stone stock. How much turbo do you think it would really take to do it with the mods I mentioned before?

If you go to the GS Nats in Bowling Green. Just check out the TSA cars. BONE STOCK Look, and 11.0-11.3 performance.

Back in 1999/2000 when I ran TFS @ Buicks @ Bristol , I tried to max out each of the stock parts and see how much they "cost" in HP vs. a "bolt on" part. I'd go to the track with both parts, run a few runs with one part, swap in the other part, run a few runs with it and see the difference.

The stock airbox/MAF frees up when you open the bottom, but eventually the neck bolt support will start restricing the flow. the neck mount/nut will show up on the timeslip in the high 11's vs. an LT1 sensor in the neck of a cone K&N on the MAF.

The Intercooler Elbow shows up in the 12's vs a Dutt Neck, but its only .1 seconds/2 mph in the mid 11's. The Exhaust elbow vs. a THDP shows up more in the MPH that it does in the ET .05 sec/1.5 mph average in the high 11's, because the THDP seeps to help more above 5K RPM's.

A 100% stock appearing car that runs 11.2's-11.3's is totally possible (with ported heads/cam of course), As I could run 11.7s thru the stock Elbow/stock neck, but I'd estimate with a THDP and Dutt Neck the car will run easy 10.8's @ 5 mph faster with no other changes. The LT1 Sensor neck airbox should still be fine.

Just a little update. The car was sent up to Michigan to my good buddy Tony (OneFastGN) for a new shiny paint job! Gotta give Tony props, he's damn good. It's well worth the trip and the money to know your getting an excellent quality paint job with no strings attached and no body shop haggling or hassles. This car is freakin awesome!!!!!!

In the pics, youll see the car was straightened with fill primer, rock gaurd was reapplied too. Then you can see the black epoxy primer to seal it. Then base coat and lastly the clear!

IMAG0800.jpg
IMAG0801.jpg
IMAG0804.jpg

Lookin' good. I'd really like to see this car in person sometime. Nothing like fresh paint. Good luck with the project.

In the pics, youll see the car was straightened with fill primer, rock gaurd was reapplied too. Then you can see the black epoxy primer to seal it. Then base coat and lastly the clear!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Awesome