That GN is stock right...........riiiiiiiight!!!

I'm definitely down to come party and bring some Cali party skills to the TFW guys. Dare I say bottle service?? I think we'll have one of those "I wokeup the next day with the bartender's phone number while sleeping with my gf" kinda nights.... not that I've ever done that or anything...

I can't wait to see the car run man! Once I get mine all done I'll have to drive it up there and visit you guys again. I might bring some more random parts with me as well *cough*fuel tank*cough*

Make sure to call me.. Nothing says fun night like a group of Turbo Buick guys impaired by substances staring at E-85 filled cars.

look inside the stock headers, in a lot of the joints where one pipe is inserted in another and then welded, the pipe sticks in pretty far. Some creative porting can get you some flow.
How much power is there to be had on the average by porting the headers?

We need to conjur up a fuel pump hotwire kit for this baby. Something that can't be seen under the hood!

We need to conjur up a fuel pump hotwire kit for this baby. Something that can't be seen under the hood!

I know, I couldnt sleep the other night because all I could think about was how make a nice stealth hotwire kit. Unfrtunately I just dont see how to do it other than running a wire down with the battery to alternator wire in the plastic conduit. But a relay off the fuel pump feed circuit could be made in back.

Another thing is though, how much do you think it will effect the car at only 20 psi? After all the testing and playing that I have done with E85 and stock or parts store pumps, I dont think it will need a hotwire with the 340 back there.

Ok, disconnected the wiring to the trans to try to narrow down what the problem is and the lock up switch is definately the culprit. I was able to drive the car harder today. Going from my last GN that was a very modified 4.1L car to this definately proves that a lot can be had by going all out. BUT......for the goals I'm trying to accomplish with this build and comparing this car to all of my other actual stock cars, this thing is SICK!!!! It's power comes on strong and it'll rip the tires loose easliy. You can definately tell there's something going on there but you can tell what it is!!!! Thats the beauty of it and I love it!!!!! Couldnt be more happy right now!:D

Ok, disconnected the wiring to the trans to try to narrow down what the problem is and the lock up switch is definately the culprit. I was able to drive the car harder today. Going from my last GN that was a very modified 4.1L car to this definately proves that a lot can be had by going all out. BUT......for the goals I'm trying to accomplish with this build and comparing this car to all of my other actual stock cars, this thing is SICK!!!! It's power comes on strong and it'll rip the tires loose easliy. You can definately tell there's something going on there but you can tell what it is!!!! Thats the beauty of it and I love it!!!!! Couldnt be more happy right now!:D
What do you think the car will run in the eighth, and quarter?

I dont run eighth mile here but by my past cars, I would say this car will run high 11 pass. Thats just a seat of the pants guess.

There is always something to be said about bone stock looking sleepers....love them...looking forward to seeing the car in a few weeks...

The one thing I do like about this turbo and the combo in general is that it has the initial rip of power when you stomp on it but it seems to have a nice gradual pull as the MPH's go up. Thats exactly what I was looking for. I'm going to play with fuel and timing to see what I can do. From all the conversions I've done so far, E85 likes to be fat. I think Eric set the chip at 22deg of timing and I like that number. I'm running stock valve springs on the heads without the retainer cups to give the cam/lifters some time to break in. It's will help to have a god set of 100# springs on here but I'm happy with even just the stockers for now.

Tony, sounds good brother! I'll let the other Tony know that you plan to stop by when your in the area!!;)

Another thing is though, how much do you think it will effect the car at only 20 psi? After all the testing and playing that I have done with E85 and stock or parts store pumps, I dont think it will need a hotwire with the 340 back there.
Well I was really surprised on my blue car (which already had a hotwire on it). When I replaced the wiring inside the tank with a racetronix kit it picked up 5psi fuel pressure. The wiring at the tank itself was really a weak link. The parts I replaced included everything between the fuel pump and the existing hotwire kit.

Well I was really surprised on my blue car (which already had a hotwire on it). When I replaced the wiring inside the tank with a racetronix kit it picked up 5psi fuel pressure. The wiring at the tank itself was really a weak link. The parts I replaced included everything between the fuel pump and the existing hotwire kit.

I agree, I'm really impressed with my Supra pump wiring that I bought from them. I'm going to do some testing but I do feel comfortable with fuel supply of just the Walboro pump for this particular set up. If I planned to really crank the boost up, I would be a little more worried. Do you agree?

I agree, I'm really impressed with my Supra pump wiring that I bought from them. I'm going to do some testing but I do feel comfortable with fuel supply of just the Walboro pump for this particular set up. If I planned to really crank the boost up, I would be a little more worried. Do you agree?
Well, I would feel better about it with some fuel pressure data logged on the power logger. You will only be needing about 65 psi fuel which should be easy for the pump, but on the other hand with 60's at 100% or 80's at 75% you would need every drop the pump could put out with a solid voltage supply.

alright man, asked my father in law how to have a hotwire that is not visible from under the hood. (He is a starter and alternator rebuilder) He said you can come off the starter and run a wire to the back of the car. Should be just as effective as coming off the alternator. Then hide the relay at the back of the car.

alright man, asked my father in law how to have a hotwire that is not visible from under the hood. (He is a starter and alternator rebuilder) He said you can come off the starter and run a wire to the back of the car. Should be just as effective as coming off the alternator. Then hide the relay at the back of the car.

Thats not a bad idea either! I actually think I'm going to leave the car as is for now. I think I'm making more power now than I intially planned. I need to get a few different gauges on the car to see exactly where it is but so far the Scanmaster says everything is in great order. I dont have a boost gauge on it, I will next week but I dont think Im even going to crank it up past the point that it already is.

Driving the car is a lot of fun, spool up is instant and the power comes on very strong. I have 28" tall tires on the 17's that are on the car for now and it rips them loose easily. Once I put the stock wheels and 26" tall stock tires back on the car, it might be dangerous. Not trying to mean in a cool way but it might actually be DANGEROUS! I dont feel the car needs to go any further as far as power. Just want to make sure everything is to the point where I feel I dont need gauges. Car is freakin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

One thing I dont like are the clicky Comp lifters. I think if there was one thing I would have done differently, it would have been using different lifters. And I wouldnt have used those garbage blue rubber oil pan gaskets. I have a very slight oil leak somewhere and it's not enough for me to follow it down. I have a feeling it might be the crappy gasket. I'll more than likely change it to a cork one. I've gotten used to the lifters I suppose.

The next step is PAINT!!!! :D I'm going to start taking the interior out this weekend in preparation. My painter (onefastgn) does a hell of a good job so it'll look like a big ol' set of Double D's when it's done!

Spent a little more wrench time on it today. Swapped out the crappy rubber Felpro oil pan gasket for a cork one:mad:. Glad to say that I have no more leaks now so thats a great feeling! I also swapped in a fresh new Denso O2 sensor and it's idling nice and smooth now too!

For anyone wanting to do a project like this, I will say that thi has been one of my funnest builds in a long time. It's so nice to have a car that just runs nice and smooth and not have to worry about all the custom crappy parts that never work without a heck of a battle. This thing has been a nice smooth build and the power and drivability is exactly where I want it to be.

Next friday it'll be making a 5 hour drive to go to get painted so then it's off to the next faze of the project. I bought a new headliner, new steering wheel, new shifter handle, new carpet, new visors, new weatherstripping, etc so it's going to be mint and ready to win some "original/restored" car shows!!!:D