That GN is stock right...........riiiiiiiight!!!

keep the RPMs low, you will probably be ok.

get the chip set up for "full boost" and max'd fuel. then tune from there. At least put some gauges in it "for now" (wideband, powerlogger) take them back out once its tuned.

Bob

Bob, I got to thinking, how much boost do you think I'll be safe running with this combo and the 50# injectors? I'm comfortable at or around the 20# mark but do you think it would be safe running more? I've played with a lot of E85 but never anything running full E85 and this small of an injector. Also, one main concern of mine is that I'm not puting any gauges in the car. I'll only run a Scanmaster. I do also plan to eventually sell this car once the restoration is finished so I want it to be 100% safe once it's done. The idea is kind of like, this is how the factory should have done it. Do you think I should get the chip burned for 18# and then play with it to get to 20#? I will use temporary gauges to get the car right but those will be taken out. Sounds stupid but thats just how I want it to be.

I don't think it's stupid. I like your thought process with this whole project and there is some cool info in this thread. Not much of a challenge in a recipe car like mine compared to what you're doing. Thanks for the posts and looking forward to results. Think you'll run it down the strip just to see what it do?

I don't think it's stupid. I like your thought process with this whole project and there is some cool info in this thread. Not much of a challenge in a recipe car like mine compared to what you're doing. Thanks for the posts and looking forward to results. Think you'll run it down the strip just to see what it do?

I'm really not a big track guy, more of the kind of guy that like to tune for the seat of my pants. Once I get'er dialed in, I just want it safe to go wax some Mustangs and Camaros. I feel like every time I take a car to the track, thhat all I want to do with it so I can keep getting more and more out of it. Addictive personality maybe?!!:D I just like to do things differently.

keep the RPMs low, you will probably be ok.

get the chip set up for "full boost" and max'd fuel. then tune from there. At least put some gauges in it "for now" (wideband, powerlogger) take them back out once its tuned.

Bob

RPM's should be ok, So far shift points on Lonnies trans are right where I want them to be. I sent Eric an email about the chip, injectors and regulator are on the way. Now I just need to keep figuring out ways to make this puppy breath.

look inside the stock headers, in a lot of the joints where one pipe is inserted in another and then welded, the pipe sticks in pretty far. Some creative porting can get you some flow.

Thanks Mike! It'll really be beautiful when it all done. It goes in for paint the first week of June so I wont see it for a couple months. The interior is mint. The car is 100% rust free. Trying to amplify the Buick slogan "Go Fast With Class" on this one!!!

Bob, I will also look into that porting. I did port another set a while back and it did help quite a bit. Yet another great idea!!!!:D Hopefully Eric gets back with me sometime soon so I can start the tuning process.

Thanks Mike! It'll really be beautiful when it all done. It goes in for paint the first week of June so I wont see it for a couple months. The interior is mint. The car is 100% rust free. Trying to amplify the Buick slogan "Go Fast With Class" on this one!!!

Bob, I will also look into that porting. I did port another set a while back and it did help quite a bit. Yet another great idea!!!!:D Hopefully Eric gets back with me sometime soon so I can start the tuning process.

Bob can burn you a chip too I'm sure.

HAHA!!!! I know yours will make more than mine! BUT.....if the Stage car counts.....I'm in!!!:D

Hrmm... limit the boost and maybe.. 30psi.. see who's car blows up first hahaha

I wanna put Bailey's new ignition setup on the car if I can afford it and try it with E85. I don't know any E85 cars running that ignition setup, so I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig :D

look inside the stock headers, in a lot of the joints where one pipe is inserted in another and then welded, the pipe sticks in pretty far. Some creative porting can get you some flow.
I have seen this you can remove a lot of restriction in there

The ported DP elbow is on its way. I have had a few members send me some tips that they feel has helped them quite a bit. This is going to be a really fun project. Austin, you might want to watch out!!!:D

Got the chip today and took the car out for it's intial test drive. I'm having a few issues with the tranny lock up solenoid so I can really mess with it too much. The car is at 128 BLM at idle, exhuast sound really good and has a nice chamberred raspyness to it (thanks Chuck!) I used the stock appearing adjustable regulator, 50lb injectors, Walboro 340 (no hotwire), ported exhaust elbow, and the Stage 2 turbo with the .82 housing. I was a little worried the .82 housing would slow the spool down dramtically but actually, it's spools fast. I need to get a boost gauge on it temporarily to see where it's at. Eric's chip really helped. The old ATR pitbull chip, stock pump, stock injectors, and stock regulator I had in it before made the car run pig rich. I changed the oil since the motor is now broken in and was happy to see zero metal in it. It was a little gassy from the old set up. I also through some 17's on it, just temporary though!!!:p I might look for a set of BFG 235/60r15 drag radials for the stock rims to keep it stealth but still get a little traction. I can tell already, it's going to need them. Although it's not a 10 second car that I'm building, I'm really happy with the drivetrain and the power that I'm already getting out of it. I'm looking for a car that could be placed in an Original/Restored class at a car show and nobody would know (even a GN guy) that is not stock. When I'm done, this car is going to be perfectly restored. Although the car looks pretty nice as is, it's going in for paint June 1st and my painter is 5 hours away! So, hopefully I'll get all the bugs worked out in the next couple weeks so it can make the trip!!

Thanks Chuck and Thanks Tyler for the help on the parts.
GN with 17\'s.jpg

Well, it's about 3 hours from the engine builders but you can come down here and hang for the weekend if you want. You might want to watch out though, the TFW knows how to party!!!o_O:D She's running good and I'm happy with the set up. I've been wanting to do this for quite sometime now so it's been planned in my head forever, just wasnt sure how well it wuld turn out!:p

I'm definitely down to come party and bring some Cali party skills to the TFW guys. Dare I say bottle service?? I think we'll have one of those "I wokeup the next day with the bartender's phone number while sleeping with my gf" kinda nights.... not that I've ever done that or anything...

I can't wait to see the car run man! Once I get mine all done I'll have to drive it up there and visit you guys again. I might bring some more random parts with me as well *cough*fuel tank*cough*

I finally figured it out, parts to us is like is like water to my dog, he doesnt drink water all the time, but when he does he drink 10 gallons! Buy one, might as well buy them all!:D

Every time I stop at the gas station and see that E-85 sign,I think of doing something like this myself.I thought I would have to go with much bigger injectors though.

hey your just doing what Buick engineers would have done if they had e85 at the pump back in 86/87

flex fuel grand national lol