Stage 2 GN build

Brake lines are done.
CIMG1522_zps7c4412cc.jpg

This is how the cam sync works. The MSD cam sync kit comes with a 1/4" rare earth magnet and an inductive pickup. I replaced one of the upper cam gear nuts with an aluminum nut that has the magnet pressed into the end.
CIMG1524_zps06dca370.jpg

Then I made a bracket that will eventually bolt to the distributor plate that holds the pickup. I can't set the exact position until I get the real motor here.
CIMG1523_zpsba3e3a9d.jpg

Too bad you could not have used a bulk head connector, it would be so nice, when working on the engine................The fast dash has 8 analog inputs you will need them go through your firewall also for your sensors..

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=RCS-051&eq=&Tp=
That would be sweet NORBS. I would love to just add a nice looking connector behind the engine and "click" the two sides together. Approx how many wires go into the interior compartment...and keep in mind...I have the EGT probes also.
Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That would be sweet NORBS. I would love to just add a nice looking connector behind the engine and "click" the two sides together. Approx how many wires go into the interior compartment...and keep in mind...I have the EGT probes also.
Thanks

Well, if your talking about the fast dash it would depend what you want to log, 8 inputs=8 wires plus 1 power, 1 ground to the sensors. However you can;t cut and splice the EGT probe wiring.

That stuff cost more than the FAST dash itself........I like the racetronix prices much better...

Those multi pin quick disconnects are cool. But, If my motor comes out so often that I need quick disconnects I have bigger problems. I only have 8 weatherpacks that need to be undone to pull the motor. For $77 I can unhook a lot of weatherpacks. :)

You could go with maybe 2 of the the weatherpak stuff , 22 pin its cheaper....

I've been working on the wiring and plumbing more. The car is 90% plumbed I'm just waiting on a few more fittings to finish up. I had a little -16 hose left over so I decided to do the upper radiator hose with it. I had to make a fitting for the intake.
CIMG1532_zps6d4c749a.jpg

A wire and AN hose bomb when off under the hood.
CIMG1538_zps4abf5764.jpg

I've had the master cut-off switch on the car for a while, but never put pics of it up.
CIMG1535_zpse0f1e999.jpg

CIMG1534_zps8cf6942b.jpg

The little piston is cute !
Glad to see I am not the only one using the collar clamps, useful little bits !

The little piston is cute !
Glad to see I am not the only one using the collar clamps, useful little bits !

The UPS man delivers almost as many boxes from McMaster Carr as he does summit. :)

I've been making those piston knobs for a long time. There are a few cars running around with them. For blower and turbo cars I make a dished piston. For Nitrous and N/A cars I make a flat top or domed piston with valve reliefs.
CIMG0280.jpg

Very cool. Now that I picked up a lathe/mill combo I might have to play around and give making those little pistons a try just for fun.

Very cool. Now that I picked up a lathe/mill combo I might have to play around and give making those little pistons a try just for fun.

Awesome. You're going to love it. Now everytime you need a small part, instead of looking in summit you'll make it. You'll look for totally useless excuses to make parts. Best of all, you'll have parts that nobody else has. Of course, it will take you three times as long to get your car done and cost 5 times as much money, but that's half the fun.

Awesome. You're going to love it. Now everytime you need a small part, instead of looking in summit you'll make it. You'll look for totally useless excuses to make parts. Best of all, you'll have parts that nobody else has. Of course, it will take you three times as long to get your car done and cost 5 times as much money, but that's half the fun.
Hahaha...all the guys I work with are amazed at how many items I make instead of buy. My raw materials bin is full of anything that I might need someday. I'm chopping up an old alum mold base plate to make some brackets as we speak.
My entire objective in building cars is to always be different...if only just a little bit.

I still need a lathe, but find it hard to make something I can buy cheaper, that saved time goes into someone elses "paying" project, but yes there are a few trinkets on my rides no one else has, but more custom stuff on my friends and customers rides, my car is always last.