Stage 2 GN build

Looking good what kind of allen frost plugs are those???? Or am I missing something , you did in this build to install them?

That is something Chris did. He does it with most of his motors and has his own process and tooling to do it. I 'm sure it's a lot of work. It's a straight thread o-ring plug like you would get in a TA aluminum block ot most aftermarket aluminum blocks. No worries of popping a plug out and getting water under the tires.

Looking good what kind of allen frost plugs are those???? Or am I missing something , you did in this build to install them?
I do them on all my high HP builds. You have to set it up and machine the block for them. I do the back plugs too.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1376237714.088125.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Chris and Mike,

I have a quick question on the coolant ports for the heads, i noticd in a picture that you have plugged and restricted some of the coolant passages into the heads.

I am sure there is a good reason for this and i would like to know the reasoning. Shouldn't the headbe cooled as much as possible?

Thanks,

Adrian

That is something Chris does. I told him to do whatever he wanted with the motor, so he did it. I didn't ask why. I assume it helps keep the deck rigid and keep the cylinders more round under power. That helps with ring seal when the piston is at the top of the bore where cylinder pressure is the highest. I could be completely wrong and Chris can correct me.

It should still have plenty of cooling because the rear coolant holes are still open. It may actually cool better because the water is forced to go past the rear cylinder and rear ports in the head.

Also should it ever lift the head, there aren't as many chances to hit water.

That is something Chris does. I told him to do whatever he wanted with the motor, so he did it. I didn't ask why. I assume it helps keep the deck rigid and keep the cylinders more round under power. That helps with ring seal when the piston is at the top of the bore where cylinder pressure is the highest. I could be completely wrong and Chris can correct me.

It should still have plenty of cooling because the rear coolant holes are still open. It may actually cool better because the water is forced to go past the rear cylinder and rear ports in the head.

Also should it ever lift the head, there aren't as many chances to hit water.

Your right on the money Mike.

I'm very interested in how this car runs. If you need any help at BG I would love to see what a big ci, little turbo combo can do.

I'll take all the help anyone wants to offer. I'm hoping to get some passes in before BG, but I still have quite a bit of work to do once I get the motor back.

Everything is new, so I'm expecting some bugs and a lot of suspension tuning.

Everything is new, so I'm expecting some bugs and a lot of suspension tuning.[/quote]

It took me 3 months and still tweaking

I have a little instant center adjust,pment in the rear suspension, coilovers up front, spring adjusters in rear, double adjustable shocks, balast to move around, etc. It's nice to have the adjustment, but it's also a lot of work to sort through all of it. I'm going to try and get some scales to get a good baseline. I think I know where I want the rear suspension, but I've never tuned a radial car, so I've got to learn.

A few small updates. I finished the headers, just need to make the crossover.
null_zpsd02f208a.jpg

null_zps13dee13d.jpg

Put new tires on the car.
null_zps919903ef.jpg

I patched up the hole in the fender and made a little machined cover for where the antenna was. I have another fender to get painted, but I'm leaving that for a winter project.
null_zps4913d715.jpg

I also ordered a custom window net from RJS. I sent them a drawing and I drew it backwards to match some pictures I took. So, they built the thing backwards with the labels on the inside, which actually works out good.
null_zpse6d1e649.jpg

Tonight I started on the crank mandrel. I started with a piece of 4" OD by 6" long hunk of 6061. There is a mandrel in there begging to come out.
null_zps5af80768.jpg

I cut the balancer register end and then chucked it up in the mill to cut the bolt pattern.
null_zpsf4a3f6c7.jpg

I would love to see it at BG but don't think I will get to go. U and Chris make some bad azz stuff that is for shure and maybe if ur down his way I can talk to you some time. I'm just a few minutes away. Good luck

Thanks I'll have my boots on.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Car still looks sick as hell, love the stance. I have been following the threads about my old/your new car since you bought it. I cant wait to see it again. I have been building a gn for a friend and realized how much I miss the little v6 power plant. I have sold all my spare ls parts and bought a virgin stage 1 block to start a new build with for my TA. Hoping to b out next year.

Car still looks sick as hell, love the stance. I have been following the threads about my old/your new car since you bought it. I cant wait to see it again. I have been building a gn for a friend and realized how much I miss the little v6 power plant. I have sold all my spare ls parts and bought a virgin stage 1 block to start a new build with for my TA. Hoping to b out next year.

It's hard to replace the little V6 most people that do regret it. Glad your got something in the works. If I can help let me know.

There's plenty of tracks around here. We'll get you worked in somewhere.

If you guys are willing to help me get it tuned in also, I'll bring it wherever. I'm hoping Travis can give me a hand, but he is usuallly pretty busy. I'm going to need help getting the boost controller right. There are so many options there.

If we hadn't worked a deal on this car I would still be dealing with paint shop jail with the other one. Are you taking you TA to ls fest this year?