Stage 2 GN build

Awesome. You're going to love it. Now everytime you need a small part, instead of looking in summit you'll make it. You'll look for totally useless excuses to make parts. Best of all, you'll have parts that nobody else has. Of course, it will take you three times as long to get your car done and cost 5 times as much money, but that's half the fun.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Everything going on the car I keep looking at to see if I can modify it or make my own copy of it. Even if it is more time and more $, I like to be able to say "I made it"! :)

Other than a couple inputs to the XFI box the wiring is done. It didn't turn out as clean as I had hoped, but it's not a complete rats nest. I'm using the factory wiring to run the lights, wipers, turn signals and supply key on power. Everything else is new wiring.

CIMG1571_zps819e9bbb.jpg

I can't get a good picture of the Fast Dash showing the display with backlighting, but here are pics with and without flash. It's plenty bright and very visable to see with my shop lights on.
With the flash on (it drowns out the backlight)
CIMG1568_zpsc0a5c7f8.jpg

flash off to show how bright the backlight is.
CIMG1567_zps4172b3c6.jpg

I've been making tremendous progress, but nothing I can take pictures of. Electrical is 100% done and everything works (horn, turn signals, wipers etc..). The rearend is buttoned up and full of gear oil. The trunk is 100% done. I'm going to bleed the brakes tonight. I ordered a 3 1/2" chromoly driveshaft from Mark Williams and it's in the car.

I added some indicators for the turn signals and high beam.
CIMG1580_zpsea9f9cd2.jpg

CIMG1582_zps73b2e44a.jpg

The only things left are:
finish the headers
finish the charge tubes
finish oil plumbing

I need the motor to finish all those so there may be a little downtime for me finally.

Looks amazing!!!! In regards to the usb connect going in to the dash...does that have to be plugged in for it to get power? Not familiar with the FAST stuff....if so where are you going to tuck it :)

No, the usb is just for communication, setting parameters or downloading data logs. I was playing with the configuration when I took the picture. There is a big multi pin cannon connector that goes into the back of the dash that has all the power, inputs, outputs and can connections. That cable has roughly 5' of wire and a couple connectors and a fuse in it.

No, the usb is just for communication, setting parameters or downloading data logs. I was playing with the configuration when I took the picture. There is a big multi pin cannon connector that goes into the back of the dash that has all the power, inputs, outputs and can connections. That cable has roughly 5' of wire and a couple connectors and a fuse in it.

Ahh very nice... everything looks great so far! Can't wait to see some vids :D

I got the interior back in added another 5 point harness and finished the mount for a new window net. Not much more I can do under the car so I decided to pull it off the jackstands and give it a bath.

CIMG1594_zpsbad3abe0.jpg

CIMG1595_zpsc41f9a07.jpg

CIMG1598_zpsfcb66fab.jpg

CIMG1600_zps1e2860e5.jpg

Mike here is A little teaser pic from A few weeks back. It's fixn to come together real fast!
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1374358498.276466.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Mike here is A little teaser pic from A few weeks back. It's fixn to come together real fast!View attachment 195315

Looking good, you are the man for fixing that. From all the engine pics you are putting up, you must be busy right now.

Jeez that car is as beautiful as it is sinister looking. Very nice work brother!

Thanks. It gets me excited to see it on the ground with the right stance. I wish it had that 25.5 cage like yours. When Chris gets done with my motor, I'll probably need that much cage. :)

Looking good, you are the man for fixing that. From all the engine pics you are putting up, you must be busy right now.

Thanks. It gets me excited to see it on the ground with the right stance. I wish it had that 25.5 cage like yours. When Chris gets done with my motor, I'll probably need that much cage. :)

with all the engines and new shop busy is A under statement!

Amazing build - makes me want to do another Stage car one day! The slower stuff is more fun to me for the time being...

I have a set of gn emblems, center caps, dog house, 8an modified fuel rail, and some other stuff I would donate if needed.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I get excited everytime my phone goes off here lately. It's looking pretty bulletproof.

I never really noticed how deep the valve reliefs were in those pistons. I think the pistons were ordered with the intention of running a lot more lift than It probably needs. But it's ther if we ever want to play with cams.

I get excited everytime my phone goes off here lately. It's looking pretty bulletproof.

I never really noticed how deep the valve reliefs were in those pistons. I think the other shop intended to run a lot more lift than It probably needed.
90% of the time there not needed. But it worked out fine. With my custom cam for your set up it just cleared ; )

Looking good what kind of allen frost plugs are those???? Or am I missing something , you did in this build to install them?