Stage 2 GN build

I whipped this out last night. I've had the idea for this fan shroud in my head for quite a while. I like the way it turned out.
CIMG1403_zps06b8aef3.jpg

CIMG1401_zps3ed01e7e.jpg

That looks amazing. The only thing is, it's taking up an awful lot of precious real estate.

Alky V6 said:
That looks amazing. The only thing is, it's taking up an awful lot of precious real estate.

X2
Looks awesome but if AC stuff was removed I would consider mounting in the front as pusher and boxed it in .
AG

Yeah, it did eat up quite a bit of room, but I'll fit it all in there. The shroud only added 2.25" more than just the fan bolted to the radiator. Because it's tapered, when I build the charge tubes I'll route them beside the fan. They will probably only stick out as far as the back of the fan.

"whipped this out last night", no big deal. Jeez, your skill kills me brother! Looks amazing! Love the thought and detail on the mounting brackets instead of just welding some flat stock on there. Very nicely done.

"whipped this out last night", no big deal. Jeez, your skill kills me brother! Looks amazing! Love the thought and detail on the mounting brackets instead of just welding some flat stock on there. Very nicely done.

It did only take a few hours of actual work. But I've drawn it in Autocad 6 times over the last few weeks. I had the patterns waterjet cut, so all I had to do was bend it and weld it. Aluminum welding can go pretty quick. The miller diversion welder I have makes aluminum pretty easy.

MIke.. which Diversion welder do you have? I am a novice and unfortunately, I will need to replace my tig machine sooner than later.

I have the Diversion 165, but I've changed a couple things to make it more user friendly. I put a flex torch lead on it (I make a custom fitting for that) and I use a foot pedal for a Dynasty with an adapter.

Mike,
You and I need to trade some services. I don't weld and you don't have access to CNC...
Can you see where I'm going with this???
We could make some totally insane parts together!!!
Your build is awesome!

Mike,
You and I need to trade some services. I don't weld and you don't have access to CNC...
Can you see where I'm going with this???
We could make some totally insane parts together!!!
Your build is awesome!

You are correct, I need someone with a cnc to make a few parts. I was having the local shop water jet cut flanges and they screwed a part up and I didn't find out until it was welded into an oil pan and shipped to canada. Now I'm remaking it and machining everything by hand.

Do you have a lathe with a 1/2" hex collet? I need a batch of fittings made.

You are correct, I need someone with a cnc to make a few parts. I was having the local shop water jet cut flanges and they screwed a part up and I didn't find out until it was welded into an oil pan and shipped to canada. Now I'm remaking it and machining everything by hand.

Do you have a lathe with a 1/2" hex collet? I need a batch of fittings made.

You picked the one machine we do not have. We do no round work. Its all subbed out to other shops. I have a lather chuck that mounts on a mill table and we can machine things round. You have my email. Send me a jpg of what your needing.

Back to work on my car and I'm not stopping until it runs.

I got all the belt drive and front accessory parts setup so I can start making brackets. I also made yet another set of sheetmetal valve covers (I'm keeping these).
CIMG1489_zpsc79252d1.jpg

I got my fuelab fuel pump mounted.
CIMG1492_zps515b3bb3.jpg

A co-worker gave me a th400 core and I've slowly been gather parts for a spare trans. This one is probably better than the one in the car now, but I'm trying a few things different with this one.

CIMG1493_zps68cb9073.jpg

I use fuel lab stuff too. I got their regulator, filter, and pump. Are you planning on using the internal high/low switch?