Stage 2 GN build

I had sold my first set of sheetmetal valve covers, so I made another set today. I like these better, but my welding wasn't the best today.

CIMG1328_zpse586d0fa.jpg

I also rebuilt a distributor I bought from J-B Racing. Joe, It's probably good that you didn't run it. When the previous owner welded the reluctor to the shaft, they trashed the top bearing. Also the reluctor was cracked in a few places. I cut it off and made my own cam sync setup using an MSD cam sync kit. PN 2436 http://www.msdignition.com/Products/Distributors/Acc_/2346_-_Universal_Sync_Signal_Kit.aspx

CIMG1330_zpsd0810d01.jpg

The cam sync kit consists of a magnet and a pickup. I made the round aluminum part that goes on the dist. shaft. It uses a stainless bolt to clamp it in place. The magnet is pressed into the aluminum disc and has a little epoxy to make sure it's stuck. The pickup is threaded through the body below the magnet.
CIMG1329_zpsb445b447.jpg

Mike, I had no idea about that stuff. You know if I did their was no way it would have gone your way, but again you managed to make something out of it.
Good Job..

How do you adjust the CAM sync? It has to be adjustable so you can phase the rotor in.

How do you adjust the CAM sync? It has to be adjustable so you can phase the rotor in.

That whole aluminum disc is clamped onto the distributor shaft with a bolt opposite the magnet. If you look you can see the slot where the clamp is behind the shaft. Much easier to adjust the a pressed on reluctor.

Mike, I had no idea about that stuff. You know if I did their was no way it would have gone your way, but again you managed to make something out of it.
Good Job..
No problem. I had planned to put bearings in it anyways. I already had the cam sync kit to put on my belt drive.

Notice all those marks are gone from the body. :)

Santa was good to me. I got most all my electronics.
Fast XFI 2.0 with internal datalogging
Standalone wiring harness, w/ injector harness and sensors
Fast Dash
MSD 7531 & 8261 coil
CIMG1372_zpsef6749a9.jpg

I have been thinking a lot about how I was going to mount the dash. When it got here I wasted no time building a mount.
CIMG1368_zps92c7258e.jpg

CIMG1369_zps6ab6f21e.jpg

made a panel to mount a few switches.
CIMG1371_zps9fcd07fd.jpg

And finished up the shifter cover plate and added a button for the line lock.
CIMG1370_zpsa27d558f.jpg

WOW!!!!!!! You need to start a full time business fabbing parts for these cars......Hope you got the traction control upgrade?

I'm not far off from a full time business fabbing parts now. As soon as I get the buick finished, I'm going to cut way back on side jobs and spend more time havinf fun at the track.

I didn't get the traction control, I don't think I'll need it. Should I have problems on bad tracks I can use some of the functions in the 7531 box.

Mike E said:
I'm not far off from a full time business fabbing parts now. As soon as I get the buick finished, I'm going to cut way back on side jobs and spend more time havinf fun at the track.

I didn't get the traction control, I don't think I'll need it. Should I have problems on bad tracks I can use some of the functions in the 7531 box.

You have it in the fast. I do it with the power adder controls

Damn you and your sheet metal brake!!!!!! ;)

Everything looks killer, as usual. Really like the angled dash mount.

I got the 400 dollar finish on mine
I agree with Neal that its almost too pretty to put in the block though!

Mike E said:
I got the rest of the electronics mounted.

That's exactly where I have mine mounted, best spot IMO

Attachments

• image-4237501834.jpg
    image-4237501834.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 265
I've been trying to decide how I was going to mount the ARB in my car. My car is really low and the previous owner put some secondary frame rails where the ARB would typically go. So I put it below the rearend.

CIMG1375_zps6c62d4c5.jpg

CIMG1376_zps6a8d0d88.jpg

Added some braces
CIMG1377_zps944a5472.jpg

All welded up and the first coat of paint is on.
rearend_zps773ad1f6.jpg

Rearend is done and back in the car. I still have to finish welding the sway bar and make some body side mounts for the links.

CIMG1380_zps1215767e.jpg

CIMG1381_zps0bb3e0a0.jpg

CIMG1382_zps101f3ba0.jpg

Somehow I find you are slipping on your quality of work.............But I would like to have that Diff under my car....:)....lol