Stage 2 GN build

Mike sure has some skills. Thanks for the bumper brackets. I'd be in the market for more parts you make for sure.

Last big piece of the engine is here. Time to get the motor put together.

New Bryant billet on the left, Old cracked BMS on the right. It's jewelry for car guys.
CIMG1292.jpg

I also ordered got my new external oil pump from Peterson.
CIMG1293.jpg

Mike E said:

New Bryant billet on the left, Old cracked BMS on the right. It's jewelry for car guys.

Damn, very nice parts brother! I am jealous!

Mad Mike with MAD skills at it again!!!!! I can't wait to see it done. I know it will be a work of art when she is all done!!!!!

Prasad:cool:

Mike,

That crank is a nice piece. I've never had a Bryant crank but I've had a few Crower billets. I always swore they were almost too nice to put in the motor where no one could see them.

Neal

It is nice, but I'm confident I won't hurt it with power. Thay said 1500 won't be a problem. It uses standard buick sized journals, none of the chevy size stuff. Bryant tried to talk me into their REM isotropic finish where it looks polished all over, but it was $400 more that I don't need to spend. It is already balanced and ready to drop in.

I had my machine shop call crower to get a dealer price on a billet and I checked withTA about a crower. TA was out of stock and had 10 on order at the time. I decided to call Bryant to see just for grins how much they wanted for a crank, fully expecting them to be more. Suprisingly, they were cheaper than crower when you included balancing. I just had to wait 17 weeks to get it. Bryant sold me on their material as well. They use Timken steel that they say is much more clean than standard 4340.

I really want to have the car done for the turbobuick.com nationals in May. I think I can have all the parts needed to finish the car by then, but I'm at the mercy of the machine shop on the motor. I'm not going to push it for the sake of a deadline, but after 3 years of work and countless hours of work and side work to pay for it I really am ready to see it go down the track or even do one heck of a burnout.

I hope to meet up with you next summer at BG. I heard that this year was not that great..AT the same time you get to see your Header Art in my car. I can't wait to see your car. Your work is to perfection. " I must of said that before"

CIMG1292.jpg

CIMG1293.jpg

Hey Mike! like to ask whats the HP rating on a 4340 forge crank 3625 for a stage II ? That's a nice piece for your motor

Hey Mike! like to ask whats the HP rating on a 4340 forge crank 3625 for a stage II ? That's a nice piece for your motor

I'm not sure you can put a specific hp limit on a crank especially a forging. That would probably be a better question for one of the many buick engine builders around. There are plenty of cars making big power (1200+) with bms forgings and there are people making big power with the china forgings. Material quality, age (use), machining and balance all contribute to the life just as much as the power.

My only advice about a crank is if you buy a used one. Run to the machine shop with it to have it checked. Otherwise you could end up with a high dollar boat anchor. I'm all about buying quality american made parts, but if shopping around for cheaper cranks, I would buy a new china made crank over a used BMS any day of the week.

Mike,
What are asking for your aluminum oil pans? Need a -12 fitting for oil feed, & an oil return fitting for the turbo. LMK, Thanks.
Brandon

Yes.. I may need one for a 109. No Fittings just like stock, but with an additional 2 qt capacity.
Let me know if you can and how much AND....delay..

Thanks

I'm curious to see how that shield fits. I am gonna put one one while mine is out.

I expect to have to break out the big hammer. I thought hard about a blanket, but i don't like how they fit and I'm worried about heat. I will be doing a little street driving in my car.