Spring Shootout

I just got my car fired up last night too! Put the intercooler back on since i had it off because i got a new scoop made. Also had the DS manifold off. Ran fine, boosted to 5 psi after a good warming up and check that everything sounded fine, sounded wonderful! :tongue:

Friday night i'll be heading to my aunt's house who lives off of Adam's Dairy road (which is 10 exits from Noland Rd.) I plan to be at the track when the gates open and ready.

When will everyone else plan to be there? How bout even a meet up spot so we can cruise in together?

-Adam

I should be there early to help get everything set up with Todd. Sucks he's not bringing the Firebird but it's good news for me. I'll let him drive my car. He's about 100 lbs lighter than me. Let's pray for good weather. I look forward to meeting some more of you guys. Looks like I might need some tuning assistance. I was hoping to throw a converter in it by next weekend but it's not gonna be here until Tuesday. I guess I'll have to tune it to go faster now:frown:

Adam, don't forget my tires buddy.

Adam, don't forget my tires buddy.

Tires.....what tires?! :eek: ;) :wink:

I've been wanting to get them things out of here, they're taking too much space up! I'll have them buckled in the backseat! I'll be there as the gates open!

My car is the one with grey GTAs in the front and then monte ss wheels in the back when the slicks mounted.

Adam

Tires.....what tires?! :eek: ;) :wink:

I've been wanting to get them things out of here, they're taking too much space up! I'll have them buckled in the backseat! I'll be there as the gates open!

My car is the one with grey GTAs in the front and then monte ss wheels in the back when the slicks mounted.

Adam

I'll come find you.
Lot's to do before the weekend. Let's hope the weather is good, should be a great time.

Steve

Midwest Shootout

Hey I just wanted to wish all of you good luck and hopefully see some good times from everyone. I wish I could be there. I am the best man in a wedding that day for a long time friend. There was no way I could turn him down. It sucks too, because I finally got the heads and intake back on the car. I got a new turbo for this year (thanks BW!) and the new PTC installed on Saturday. I have alot of tuning to do and this would have been perfect for me. Anyways I wish you all the best, and I hope someone shoots some good video to post. See ya Jason!!;)

I may have to find a babysitter so I can attend (as a spectator). May bump into some of you guys and chat.

John I can bring that big mouth kit and 3.5" maf and pipe and T+ if you want to make a pass or two with it.

bob koch

Yeah, it's not looking good. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think KCIR will even open unless it's 40 degrees. If it's only a high in the low 40's, that won't happen until late afternoon. Sounds like a reschedule might be on tap.

Yeah, it's not looking good. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think KCIR will even open unless it's 40 degrees. If it's only a high in the low 40's, that won't happen until late afternoon. Sounds like a reschedule might be on tap.

If that holds true I will defiantly be in on the next go around.

If it does rain/snow maybe Todd will be able to get more cars there! Thats the thing he's hurting on. As what ive read from that board.

Adam

With the forecast as it sits he would be better off setting it for another date and calling it good. If it rains for 2 days then snows on the day of it will take forever to get the track dry enough for good racing. Even if they do get it dry they won't be able to put enough VHT down for any car that's making decent HP to get a good hook. I don't know about you guys but for me it's a 150 mile round trip tow, and with diesel nearing $4/gallon, I can't see wasting all that time and $$$ to go sit there and not run...just my opinion.

Now, if they do call it, is there another date in mind and how will they deal with getting everyone's money back to them?

Joe,

I read by looking off the missouri fbody board, if its called off it will be rescheduled. Dont know when? But it would be.

It's a 120 mile round trip for me, DRIVING MY CAR. :D

Adam

Joe,

I read by looking off the missouri fbody board, if its called off it will be rescheduled. Dont know when? But it would be.

It's a 120 mile round trip for me, DRIVING MY CAR. :D

Adam

If you see that they called it, please post here and let us all know...I rarely look on that F body board.

Joe

I talked to Todd last night about it and the final decision will be made today probably when he gets home from work, about midday. I'm in the same boat as you guys, I've got about 4 hours from here to KCIR. I don't mind the drive at all but I surely don't want to waste a trip. On top of that, my D-max started knocking and shaking really bad on the way home last night, so now I have to borrow a truck.