Spring Shootout

They wanted 200.00 EACH to cut the wheels down to 15x5

Same price to make them 8" wide....crazy expensive!

So i had tim order me some wheels tonight, along with some axles, studs,lug nuts, buying a 67BB turbo and 60's for the blue car, and some other crap that i shouldnt buy.

Got to buy parts if you ever want to finish all 17 project cars you have:wink:

Here are the wheels Race Ads | For Sale: M/T ET DRAG WHEEL-PACKAGE DEAL

I like em...they will look good and they're light.

Ordered from Tim at V&P racing :)
BW

My good friend Matt Gordon should be bringing his 86 GN with him this year to show off and hang with us. He's getting his motor rebuilt by Eric Ruge in Eureka, Ks. He hasnt drove his GN for 3 years now :eek: He spun a bearing and finally we took the car to Eric when we made our way down to OK for the shootout.

Matt and his wife Sarah own the blue GS that was on the shootouts tshirt this year, they also won Favorite Buick at the event too!

Either way, im exciting to go to the track and ready to go faster!

I recently took my DS manifold off and check the crack on it! Theres a few more small ones on the front and other spots. Still could go to 5-26 psi withing 2 feet! :tongue:

2lthjwy.jpg

244xk7l.jpg

Adam

We need more cars

If anyone is considering going I would like to encourage you NOW! Todd posted that if he doesn't sell 75 tickets by the end of feb he might have to cancel the event. Half of my stuff is still at the machine shop but I plan on being there with another fresh motor this year, shooting for nines.

John Plog

My good friend Matt Gordon should be bringing his 86 GN with him this year to show off and hang with us. He's getting his motor rebuilt by Eric Ruge in Eureka, Ks. He hasnt drove his GN for 3 years now :eek: He spun a bearing and finally we took the car to Eric when we made our way down to OK for the shootout.

Matt and his wife Sarah own the blue GS that was on the shootouts tshirt this year, they also won Favorite Buick at the event too!

Either way, im exciting to go to the track and ready to go faster!

I recently took my DS manifold off and check the crack on it! Theres a few more small ones on the front and other spots. Still could go to 5-26 psi withing 2 feet! :tongue:

2lthjwy.jpg

244xk7l.jpg

Adam

About the only way you will keep those from cracking again even with fresh welds is to weld in support posts...kinda like the P/S has right where the turbo bolts on at. You go from header tube to tube and this will help keep it from flexing so much. On my first GN I had the headers welded so many times they literly fell apart. Save your $$$ and plan on a set from Postons, they seem to hold up well.

If anyone is considering going I would like to encourage you NOW! Todd posted that if he doesn't sell 75 tickets by the end of feb he might have to cancel the event. Half of my stuff is still at the machine shop but I plan on being there with another fresh motor this year, shooting for nines.

John Plog

Unless a bunch of folks crap and get off the pot real soon, I seriously doubt 75 will buy in over the next 2 weeks....man I was really looking forward to March 15:mad: I cannot believe that this thing has not sold out yet, last year I waited until last minute and couldn't get a spot until BW found one for me on the night before:confused:

On a different subject, what all are you changing for the new motor to run 9's? You know that prodigy of a motor you have now will never be the same once you really mess with it;)

Joe, he said 75 spots total so there is a good chance. The pre pay list has 13 names but hasn't been updated for a month.

I'm not making any major changes, just replacing the broke/worn parts and making a converter change:biggrin: .

I would love to see it go 9s this year, hopefully everyone will pay for it now so everyone else will be able to race who already paid.

If its close, im sure we can fudge some numbers so everyone can run.

Heck even 1.00 to get in would pay towards the event.

We will see.

BW

Once I get my HR Bar on, I'll register wink wink:biggrin:

HR bar is on! just have to pick up some nuts that they shorted me and adjust it. hopefully I didn't screw up the install. It seemed a to go to smooth for me.

Now I just need to remove the exhaust and front sway bar and add the fiberglass bumper.

SR

HR bar is on! just have to pick up some nuts that they shorted me and adjust it. hopefully I didn't screw up the install. It seemed a to go to smooth for me.

Now I just need to remove the exhaust and front sway bar and add the fiberglass bumper.

SR

Payment sent

One more day to register!

"Just got off the phone with KCIR and the rental went up again this year. Honestly guys if i dont have 100 cars I cant do this anymore. Im going to extend the pre-pay for 1 more week, but if I dont have over 90 cars by then THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN.

If this does not happen I will cut this down to 1 time a year. Also I will leave it up to the people that have already paid to just enter them for the November race or send them there money back.

I would say its safe to say that the QUICK 16 will no longer be apart of this race either Sad

Thanks Todd"

As of 2/28 @ 9:37 am I have 65 cars signed up

Missouri F-body :: View topic - VERY IMPORTANT INFO FOR MARCH 15, MAY NOT HAPPEN............

Dropped my motor in last night & fired it up today so I am just about ready. Todd said the shootout is on for sure, just have to watch the weather now.