Spring Shootout

daviss

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:19 pm Post subject: MIDWEST SHOOTOUT MARCH 15TH!!!!!!!!!KCIR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6th Annual Midwest Shootout and this time it will be a shootout. Lets start the race season off right

Held at KCIR
Limited to 100 cars, first come first serve
8hour track rental from 10:00 to 6:00
All Domestic cars and race trucks welcome
FEBUARY 29TH IS THE CUT-OFF NO EXEPTIONS
$50.00 Entry fee, pre-pay only (this automaticly gets you in the Quick 16)
Paypal address is 1320race@sbcglobal.net
Pm me for the address to send check
There will be no pay at the gate

And now for the Fastest 16 cars in the Midwest

First ever MIDWEST SHOOTOUT QUICK 16 $500.00 TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rules for the quick 16:

Must have less than a 10.5w slick or as equal to in a radial (less than 12" tread)
Must have factory firewall
Must have factory glass

You will have until 1:00 to qualify for this. I will have a dry erase board by our trailer to show the ladders. This will be ran as a bracket race. So if you make the quick 16 first round you will need to dial your car to run, this is too make it a fair race and anyone in the quick 16 has a chance. It will all be ran on a pro-tree. Top qualifier will recieve $100.00 for being the fastest. This will be a cash payout to the winner. The sponser is yet to be known but I will pay the payout if I have to.

I have no idea what is going to take to get in this, so tune these cars perfect over the winter and lay it all out

Plenty of Time to sign up.... Let's get plenty of Buick's there.

Woo! I'm in for this event again. Had a wonderful time saturday and cant wait to do it again!

I'll be sending my money soon!

-Adam

Uhhh....i may not be going now.

I took my car out, drove it, was running fine. Parked to talk to friends, started it up, and the motor was making a clunk, thunk noises. At idle, It'd be once in a while, i revved a little, no noises...waited a while, it didnt thunk for a bit, so i shut the hood and drove 15 miles home praying it wont break and knock while driving.

No noises when driving, drove fine. Got in the driveway, let it idle...no noises? :confused: :confused: So i rev...nothing, build boost with the brake applied and no noises even after letting it idle for a while. Pulled the car in the garage, let it sit for 15 mins, went back and started it up and it thunked again. WTF?!

I started it up after 4 hours of sitting, nothing happens for about 3 minutes, then power brake a little just to see if anything will happen, and nothing. Then about 30 seconds later thunk, thunk, clunk, clank. :mad:

Take DS valve cover off, nothing looks out of place. Start it, nothing..then clank clank.

I'm going to have a friend come over and have him listen to it. I pray to the turbo gods nothing is severally bad...but i bet the odds are against me.

Sad part is, 11-13-07 my trans blew up :frown: Now could it be my motor this year?! :frown:

I may be out for a bit......:mad: :frown: :frown:

I'll keep a few updated...Sorry for hijacking thread

-Adam

Check your torque convertor bolts, my TTA did this all the time.

Go back with red locktite and get them tight.

BW

Check your torque convertor bolts, my TTA did this all the time.

Go back with red locktite and get them tight.

BW

Yes i havent looked yet and i know that would be the first response everyone would give. I'll be jacking the car up today and doing that. Its just weird it only happens once in a while...:confused: I'll be investigating today.

-Adam

Started it today and let it idle, revved a little and no noises were apparent. One converter bolt was about a 1/4 turn loose, but thats it. No noises today, ill drive it sometime and we'll see how it runs, idles and everything.

-Adam

Would love to have a tr to take by then. :cool: I did see your car there on the 3rd though Quick6. Really nice looking car you got there man.

You should have stopped by and said Howdy :)

Were you racing or bench racing :biggrin:

BW

Just watching. I'll be sure to stop by in the spring. Hopefully I'll have my own TR and not a Mustang:redface: .

More turbo buicks at the track is always better :)

Hope you find one soon, im sure there will be a few for sale over the winter.

BW

Yeah I hope to find one soon as well. If it had only been a month or so later I would have a WE4 right now.

More turbo buicks at the track is always better :)

Hope you find one soon, im sure there will be a few for sale over the winter.

BW

Hey daviss Bryan, john plog and I are signed up so add 2 more buicks to the list! It will be great seeing all the kansas city racers again!

Heck yeah! I cant wait, Scott Reid and i were talking about this event just last night. We are gonna start wrenching earlier this year

BW

I can't wait. I need to do head gaskets and swap in my f-body radiator before race day. I'm gonna try to get a converter too. Lots of money to spend right around the holidays. Hope I can find the time so I'm not doing the Friday night thrash to get ready again. If I can get it all done in time, I'll take a trip to the dyno in town for a little tune up.

So what is the TB head count so far?

Me, Bryan, John, Scott, Adam?, Bryan (phoneguy)? I'm sure there will be some more but I think we can do better than that. Hopefully some more STL guys will chime in.

Still plenty of time. I'll check with Todd on how many spots are left.

Bryan, I'm assuming you'll have the white car in the tens by then, and Scott sounds like he'll be deep in the tens, and we all know John has been there for a while, so I guess I've got some serious catching up to do.

Can I still get in on this or is it full?

This would be a great way to make myself getthe car done and I haven't been to KCIR in almost 10yrs. It's only 2hrs or so from where I live now.

Thanks
BOOSTBROTHER

I am positive it is not full yet. Just follow the instructions inthe first post, or I think Bryan put a link in somewhere. You can do it all by e-mail and paypal or send the money.

I'll be there! I need to reweld up my manifolds though, got a crack on the DS, thats my winter project. Need to buy some slicks too, anyone know someone interested in some 275/50/15 MT ET Street Radials with about 10-15 1/4th passes on them?

-Adam

Sweet, +1 on the head count. Sounds like a simple winter project.

I'm actually thinking about getting some drag radials to keep from driving on my ET Streets. Got any pics of what they look like on the car?

Steve

Sweet, +1 on the head count. Sounds like a simple winter project.

I'm actually thinking about getting some drag radials to keep from driving on my ET Streets. Got any pics of what they look like on the car?

Steve

I'll have to take some pictures of them on the car. My car is on jack stands as of now, so the pictures wont be of the car on the ground, but i can get ones of how close to the frame and so forth...

Send me your email and ill send them away!