precision dbb 6466

That seems like a really small cam for a stroker.
I have that basic combination in my car with a stock stroke motor.
I am waiting to test some new turbos. (accepting donations...LOL)

Correction to my post.. its a 210/215 cam and its over 9.0: 1. So many combinations, I sometimes forget who has what.

*Ding Dong* Hey, look what the mail lady brought me. :) Nah, its My Wife. ;) I thought maybe you guys might want to see some pics of the 64-66. Yeah I did polish the cover, I think it will be my last cover. LOL
P2081621.JPG dads buick picts 064.JPG dads buick picts 065.JPG dads buick picts 066.JPG dads buick picts 063.JPG P2081613.JPG
P2081614.JPG
P2071606.JPG
P2071607.JPG

When my wife wears a hat around me I tell her to" get that damn hat off your head" lol. since your wife works for the post office and you get those government benefits I think that it'll be alright lol.

Where do you send the cover to get polished?

Blood, Sweat and a whole lot of tears:rolleyes: Nah, the surface was so rough, that I took it down by hand with 40. Then I used the little sanding discs about 2 inches in diameter, they go on the end of an air powered tool/drill. Blue first then gray. You can get those at Napa. Then a good old buffing wheel from Harbor Freight Toools and lots off Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish :pIt costs 30 bucks and 3 Monster drinks;) But I already had the buffing wheel, which I think it's about 15 bucks.

Wow, that looks nice. Be careful putting the cover on that you don't tear the o-ring and that you put the longer bolts in the actuator position.

I made sure putting the cover back on, that the o-ring was all good and you must be talking about the smaller bolt to the actuator end. :)Now time to do some porting;) thanks again Cal for advice and this turbo.

BGNeXtreem said:
Looks sweet great job down side is I'm sure you just voided your warranty:-(
I disagree that the warranty is void. The cartridge is the critical component. Removing/altering the cover externally shouldn't void any warranty since the cartridge wasn't disturbed and he didn't alter the inside of the cover in any way. I've seen ex housings removed and powder coated inside and out. I've seen the turbine seize because the clearance was compromised from coating the inside. In that situation the warranty should not cover the damage.

I could be wrong bison I can see manufacturers trying to get out of a warranty rebuild any way possible I wasn't saying that is a fact just my feeling

I want to make a turbo upgrade and every time I read this thread I want to call and grab this turbo, I am putting the stroker together but, is this turbo worth the 1750 or should I look at the 67 turbos?

qws2000 said:
I want to make a turbo upgrade and every time I read this thread I want to call and grab this turbo, I am putting the stroker together but, is this turbo worth the 1750 or should I look at the 67 turbos?

It's worth it. Ask Cal but when we were at track Friday he looked at log of my run and it hit 20#'s in 1/2 a second. Spools crazy fast!

I posted to see if this was a better turbo than my 66 or what I needed to do to boost faster but got very little help

this turbo is am awsome street/race turbo.. has lots of power potential and spools fast. you will love it.. i do

This turbo rocks!!!Spools like no other turbo i've ever had. The best $1,700 i've spent ;)I love hearing this turbo spooling around town, and when I turned my engine off I thought my blower motor was on for a second. Then I realized my turbo was still spinning for at least a minute. This is one bad ass turbo. My stroker loves it, thank you Cal!!:DIt's way way faster then my Netics 66-p-bb-63 and boost at 20 on my new turbo, it feels like what I had at 26 on that netics. No joke!

It hits 20lbs of boost really fast, i have not timed the boost speed. but i know it is one of the fastest spooling turbos i have ever had.