precision dbb 6466

Good info here. Have any of the more experienced Buick guys used a 6266 or 6265 in a non buck 4 bolt tangental turbine housing? If so what would you use as far as size? Say on a 210/215 champion irons steel stock stroke motor looking to run 10.30-10.50 street / strip car. Really wish the 6466 was available in journal bearing. seems like precision forcing that option. Borg Warner have anything similar to the 6266 or 6466?

Bison made me a 6466. First impression is that the turbo is top notch quality and we know customer service is second to none.

Joe

Attachments

• 20150107_145411.jpg
    20150107_145411.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 317
It's a journal bearing turbo. MFS Billet 11 blade inducer and 66 turbine wheel. Polished cover with 4"inlet/2.5" outlet

How much boost can you run with the 64-66 on 93/alky? Before you start to get knock? Using aluminum heads.. Just wondering what you guys can get away with.. Thanks

There are too many variables to answer that. Octane, timing, fueling, cr, air temp, engine temp, weight, etc will determine that.

93oct alky 18/20 timing 8.5to1 comp outside temp 85 3700 to 3800 lb.. Can you get away with say 25/26 psi with that info? Hope that made it easier. And thanks for your reply..

• I say the one that Bison built looks dam nice... My car on the dyno with the old motor went as high as 31.5 psi on c16

• I say the one that Bison built looks dam nice... My car on the dyno with the old motor went as high as 31.5 psi on c16
Al Id bet it went higher than that. You have a GM 3 bar map sensor and it won't read any higher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al that's gotta be making some serious numbers at 31+#s..:nailbiting:

Last edited:
Greg, I think it went into the 700's.. and the car made this ear piercing sound that made me bend over,, while the car pushed out so much air from the exhaust it knocked over every piece of paper in the place... That puppy was breathing hard..lol

Greg, I think it went into the 700's.. and the car made this ear piercing sound that made me bend over,, while the car pushed out so much air from the exhaust it knocked over every piece of paper in the place... That puppy was breathing hard..lol
NICE!!

Brian, Once again you are correct the chart or graph makes a free fall at 31psi... looks like my 3yr had a blue and red crayon..