precision dbb 6466

66P

Okay Guys,
Any one running one of these? I ordered one today and was wondering how you like it. Street, drag, spooling on street? ;)

Hartline said, this might be one of his favorite fast street turbo.
Maybe he will elaborate.

ya he told me the same thing. Im really looking forward to trying it out to see if its all that. there is a guy here that runs in the nines with his eclipse and just loves that turbo and says it spools really fast.

The 6262 is amazing, The 6266 is amazing, the 6766 is amazing....as with all precision turbos is this size range I think you are in for a treat. :)

I havent got to really feel the full effect of it yet but.... It spools fast!!! And it has lots of power. Couldnt be happier. I moved up from a precision 45a

It's true. This is my favorite Buick turbo. It spools like a 62 and makes hp like a 67. You will need to spend some time porting the wastegate hole. It really wants to make boost. Both Hungerbuhler and a customer from AR removed 66mm turbos and picked up a bunch of hp. You can run 10's on pump gas with the right tune. The only downsides are the price (since they only come in BB) and they only come with an S-ported cover.

Which turbine housing did you get? .63 or .82? Don't forget the pictures after you crack open the box!!!!

man i could not sleep last night . i was taking out imports camaros , corvettes, I think i was running around the room using a pillow as a steering wheel:p as for the turbine i just did what cal said to get for my combo 6466 and $$$ cant wait :)

It's true. This is my favorite Buick turbo. It spools like a 62 and makes hp like a 67. You will need to spend some time porting the wastegate hole. It really wants to make boost. Both Hungerbuhler and a customer from AR removed 66mm turbos and picked up a bunch of hp. You can run 10's on pump gas with the right tune. The only downsides are the price (since they only come in BB) and they only come with an S-ported cover.
What kind of stall do you suggest with one of these?

Depends on compression, camshaft, stroker, etc.. but 3200 seems to be working real well for one of my customers

It's a low 9 sec turbo. The wastegate bypass would need to be very large if running 10 sec
passes. It wants to move a lot of air. More than most peoples engines can flow.

It's a low 9 sec turbo. The wastegate bypass would need to be very large if running 10 sec
passes. It wants to move a lot of air. More than most peoples engines can flow.
What compression, cam size and heads will marry good with this turbo?

trailinjake said:
What compression, cam size and heads will marry good with this turbo?

To get low 9 sec power 9.5:1. Custom roller with aggressive ramp, and race ported aftermarket heads just to name a few. The engine would need to have very high mass efficiency from 5800-6300. That's a lot of engine if in stock block configuration. 850-900hp

I agree it has low 9 second potential, just like the 67, but that is going to be in a purpose built engine which might as well have a 71. The average buyer of this turbo will be your high 9 second street car running moderate boost or, like I posted above, running 10's at low boost. At least that's what my customers are wanting.

On a side note: My customer from AR took the car out today and ran almost the same mph at 20 psi as he did with his GTK 850 (sorry I posted earlier he had a 66mm) at 28 psi. The biggest issue he was having was getting the car to hook. This turbo comes in WAY faster than his old one

HighPSI said:
I agree it has low 9 second potential, just like the 67, but that is going to be in a purpose built engine which might as well have a 71. The average buyer of this turbo will be your high 9 second street car running moderate boost or, like I posted above, running 10's at low boost. At least that's what my customers are wanting.

On a side note: My customer from AR took the car out today and ran almost the same mph at 20 psi as he did with his GTK 850 (sorry I posted earlier he had a 66mm) at 28 psi. The biggest issue he was having was getting the car to hook. This turbo comes in WAY faster than his old one

I agree with all this but the value of the 6266 jb for those types of applications is really hard to beat and better supports the mass flow potential of most of the engines that could even benefit from a turbo that moves this much air. It won't need a huge wastegate bypass if used for low 10 sec power and is about $1k less.

Not wanting to get into a debate, but I really doubt the average user is going to run in the 10's below 20 psi with a 6266 or in the 9's at higher boost. Most of my 6266 customers are about a second behind the 6466 guys. Just basing this off of experience. If we want to talk purpose built cars running a turbo to it's maximum, that's a whole diferent story. My opinion is the 6266 is not a replacement for the 6466. Once again, just my opinion

So cal which one did you set me up with 63 or 85:confused:I guess i should fined out :rolleyes:thanks for all your help cal very knowledgeable you have helped me out many times.