precision dbb 6466

So cal which one did you set me up with 63 or 85:confused:I guess i should fined out :rolleyes:thanks for all your help cal very knowledgeable you have helped me out many times.

63 for your combination

If it's JB, then no. Perhaps, if you have a BB. You will also need an S cover. If you purchased it from us, give Holly a call and she will see what PTE will do for us.

It's a 6266dbb. CEA S COVER. 63 HOUSING BOUGHT DIRECT FROM PETE AT PRECISION. I WILL CONTACT THEM ON MONDAY.

Cal, i am almost done getting my car together and will mount my 6466 in the car this week, but my question is how big should i port the wastegate hole, if i even should at all. im trying to get the car done before the old town show at the end of the month so i will be calling you soon for my initial XFI start up.

You HAVE to port it before you try and boost the car. If you are just trying to make the show and not going to get on the throttle hard, then bolt it on "as-is". The advatage to this is, the exhaust will give you a nice footprint of where to port it.
I am flying to the northeast Thursday-Sunday. Then away again Thursday-Monday next weekend, so please let me know when you are getting close and I may be able to come to you for initial start up.

Why don't they just make them bigger from the factory has always been my question. What applications is the tiny wastegate hole good for when it comes to controlling boost?

I have never seen one puck line up with the wastegate hole on any of the turbos that i have tried. :confused: On this one, I'm going with a bigger puck to open her up a little more. Cal says this turbo makes boost fast.:eek:

GetOwnedVette said:
Why don't they just make them bigger from the factory has always been my question. What applications is the tiny wastegate hole good for when it comes to controlling boost?
Making them larger would make them unusable on some setups. You can't easily replace the material that's been removed once it's gone. Measure twice and cut once. Also when running the turbo hard you need the hole smaller or the backpressure will have more surface area to push on which will require much higher wastegate spring pressures or external pressure sources to get linear boost.

Okay, I will do the normal hole enlargement maching up to the normal puck and see how it does:) Thanks Bison.

66P said:
Okay, I will do the normal hole enlargement maching up to the normal puck and see how it does:) Thanks Bison.

You can and should run it with the spring removed from the gate. Then go as high as you would with rpm and see what it does. This will be the absolute lowest boost you can run. I always do this with new builds to be sure there's not a problem. I've also seen cars that sat for a while have seized wastegates. I've heard of engines being destroyed because of this also. The top of 3rd is where the problem would be and is the hardest to come close to duplicating without a dyno

That's a good idea Bison. Thanks for sharing that ;)I will try it. I wonder how much faster this turbo is spooling? My tnetics 66-p-bb-63 is old technology and it has a cast wheel. I guess I'll find out, turbo should be here Thursday. I ordered 80 pounders to go with it. I had 60's in it.:rolleyes: I was told I might need the extra fuel.

66P said:
That's a good idea Bison. Thanks for sharing that ;)I will try it. I wonder how much faster this turbo is spooling? My tnetics 66-p-bb-63 is old technology and it has a cast wheel. I guess I'll find out, turbo should be here Thursday. I ordered 80 pounders to go with it. I had 60's in it.:rolleyes: I was told I might need the extra fuel.

It will spool considerably faster. The cast 66 t-netics uses is a fairly heavy design. It needs a larger diffuser than t-netics used with most of them. On a well built engine 650whp would be considered good. With the small diffuser version on an iron headed off the shelf cam engine it's good for 10.40's. Ive gone 137+ with the 6680 but it had a larger cover. The 6466 is a much better match of wheels and compressor cover and will run into the mid 140's on a so so combo if the boost is turned up.

It will spool considerably faster. .

I would like to see the comparison for spool up. You are the turbo master. I find it hard to believe since the Tnetics P trim uses the smaller exhaust housing even though it has the cast wheel. Same housing, then sure it would outspool the old 6665.. ,

Joe

im running a billet 64/68bb and even with the pte.63 it spooled as fast as a cast 62/65bb .63.the combo needs to be there.the 64 billet put my car in the 10's on the 2nd pass at low boost and timing pump gas alky with a shift rpm of 4900, its a very impressive wheel.

Can you get one in a 4 bolt?

Yes

I am surprised how sceptical some are. My posts are based on experience with this turbo swap on several cars with no other changes beside the turbo. I recommend to nearly everyone to port the exhaust housing as far as you can. 90% of the customers will not have to worry about back pressure shoving the gate open. It's not going to happen until you get around 35psi. Most will have to worry about getting the boost under control on a street car