WG Actuator Help

BFlat

Installing wg actuator. Stock replacement with threaded rod. Held on with 2 short bolts. I can't get the back one in. No room.
1. There's a conduit covered line coming up to the bottom of the turbo. If I disconnect it and move it a bit I think I can get to the bolt.
Can I do that? If so I'll need to find a new gasket to re-install it, correct?
2. Will the actuator be okay if I just use the front bolt and forget about the one in the back?
Thanks

Installing wg actuator. Stock replacement with threaded rod. Held on with 2 short bolts. I can't get the back one in. No room.
1. There's a conduit covered line coming up to the bottom of the turbo. If I disconnect it and move it a bit I think I can get to the bolt.
Can I do that? If so I'll need to find a new gasket to re-install it, correct?
2. Will the actuator be okay if I just use the front bolt and forget about the one in the back?
Thanks

I believe you can loosen the rest of the small bolts on the compressor cover, disconnect the intercooler hose, loosen the maf pipe hose and rotate the compressor cover to install the wastegate actuator.
In my opinion, it is more things to do, but easier than fight the turbo drain pipe.

I'm into easy. Admitting my ignorance; are the small bolts on the compressor cover the same bolts & in the similar location as the 2 small bolts holding the actuator? No worries about the other stuff since it's all been removed already.

Confused: There are 6 bolt holes in the compressor housing. 4 of them are used to attach 2 curved gold (brass?) pieces. The other 2 hold the wastegate actuator. I think you suggested removing them so the compressor housing will rotate & I can get rear bolt into the actuator housing. I don't see how that would work, since those gold pieces don't actually hold anything in place. They just bolt to the compressor housing and don't look to keep anything from turning. I have frequent dumb-attacks, so maybe this is just another one. Keep the help coming. I appreciate it.

Attachments

• BOLTS .jpg
    BOLTS .jpg
    1 MB · Views: 21
Confused: There are 6 bolt holes in the compressor housing. 4 of them are used to attach 2 curved gold (brass?) pieces. The other 2 hold the wastegate actuator. I think you suggested removing them so the compressor housing will rotate & I can get rear bolt into the actuator housing. I don't see how that would work, since those gold pieces don't actually hold anything in place. They just bolt to the compressor housing and don't look to keep anything from turning. I have frequent dumb-attacks, so maybe this is just another one. Keep the help coming. I appreciate it.
The 6 bolts(with the brass brackets) will hold the compressor housing in place. If ya want to "clock" the compressor up or down a bit, loosen those 6 bolts to get the compressor housing where ya want it(within reason). Just loosen no need to remove the bolts.

If ya want to install the WG actuator, remove the two silver bolt/nut set-up's on the silver bracket. Be careful not to lose them as they're small. Take the actuator out through the bracket. Install is the reverse of removal. Use a small pair of vice grips/pliers to pull wastegate rod back onto wastegate.

I have not had to loosen any of the 6 bolts to get my actuator rod off, nor remove the oil drain back line. I take it off the bracket. Makes it easier to install my vacuum line & zip tie. Then i just reinstall the whole actuator.

Make sure the new actuator bolt holes line up. Some don't fit exactly the same.

The curved brass looking pieces clamp the compressor cover to the center section When you loosen the bolts holding the curved brass looking pieces you can rotate it.
You may have to tap it with a plastic hammer.

It worked! Many thanks for the help. I appreciate it. I think the Hulk tightened those bolts in there and used Loctite. Dang, they were tight!