parts on the way

transmission should be ready any day!! I cant wait for the call. probably the last upgrade for awhile. unless a great deal on a turbo or front mount pops-up. I'll probably focus on suspension now.

Sounds good. The fact that your going to be running 100% E-85 really knocks the FMIC way down the list. :biggrin:

Or completely off the list if you're spraying alky on top of it. ;)

Hmmm - maybe this is a dumb question..........but why would you even bother spraying alky if you're already running E85? :confused:

Nice set up btw!!! Looks great! :cool:

Yes a turbo and some wideband control to ensure a RICH mixture @ WOT. The car would be wicked then. Of course an IC upgrade should still be in the works at some point because of the reduced back pressure. A bigger IC would give you and a quicker spool as well.

warning

this weekend I went to the hot rod power tour. every thing was going good until IN. we got some gas and the car started running bad. I had it trailered home 200mi. This morning I pulled the pump and filter. the filter was clogged with the sealer I put in. so don't use the east wood tank seal I used. I put a link in a previous post

We had a blast this weekend cruising to Des Moines and back. Man Austin, that car really screamed when you went flying by me on the interstate! We need to get that coating out of that tank or get another. Those were some big a$$ chunk in the fuel filter! One step a time my brother! You already know your faster than me so I hope you take baby steps so I have time to catch up!!!!!! Cool car man! Congrats!

Come on fatride, can you share your thoughts on using the stock fuel line as a return with the rest of us ;)

Well, check this out...
" the stock fuel lines on our cars are REALLY only a 1/4" in diameter. At every saginaw fitting, the tube is crimped to hold an O-ring and the ID is necked down to .257" Will the line work? Sure, but I didn't want to take the chance.
Why spend the time and $$ on the big pumps and injectors and try to use the stock return line. Do it right the first time. For me I did it right the first time, I spent to much $$ to cheap out on the lines to go E85.;)
HTH

Well, check this out...
" the stock fuel lines on our cars are REALLY only a 1/4" in diameter. At every saginaw fitting, the tube is crimped to hold an O-ring and the ID is necked down to .257" Will the line work? Sure, but I didn't want to take the chance.
Why spend the time and $$ on the big pumps and injectors and try to use the stock return line. Do it right the first time. For me I did it right the first time, I spent to much $$ to cheap out on the lines to go E85.;)
HTH

+1

If going bigger than 83s you must upgrade lines, rails, etc or your an idiot period. :)

got some more parts yesterday. the car ran hard with the stock location inter cooler and an ta 49 turbo. I up graded the turbo to a ta61 and it seamed to get more knock at same boost numbers so yesterday I picked up a front mount. I am hopping to get the boost back up. I haven't made it to the track yet. every time I try some small problem keeps me home. I really like the E85 setup

fuel pump

I replaced my fuel pump years ago with a ATR double pumper. Does anyone know if that pump is large enough to run E85. I want to know soon before my wife spend the extra cash.I'm going to change the fuel injectors, fuel filter and turbo soon as I find out what to buy. This car is unopened. A stage 2 trans and a P.I. 3400 lu converter ,tin man air . Looking for 11's Thanks for any help.

turbo tom

The double pumper will work fine. You'll need to upgrade the fuel lines though. Most of us go with -10 feed and -8 return.

No need to have as large of a return, the fuel has been used by the motor so there's not as much fuel to return.