parts on the way

Well I orderd some more parts. This year I plan on replacing fuel lines and trying to do a in tank and external pump set up. So I can cruse without the noise. I am just not sure how it will effect the Fule pressure

Well, changing the set up but not the thread. So far I have enjoyed e85, there have been a few hang ups. It's importan to keep your fuel system clean. I have found Teflon lines that should work with the fittings that I have. With the new hoses and filters the fuel system should be done. There is one more thing I am going to try, running a intank double pumper in parallel with external pump. So I can cruse with out the noise. Along with the fuel system, I am upgrading to a 4.1 block, a 72 turbo, champion heads and intake, roller cam, and finall a scanmaster "I might not pop another head gasket". Thinking wideban o2, 9" rearend, and paint soon.

image-1368568283.jpg

This is how I made room for the oil drain back in the 4.1

image-3395457688.jpg

This is finished product. Do not drill the 1 5/8 hole all the way it will be too big!!!!

Tap size 1/2-14 NPT and drill is 45/64

Wow. One thing is for sure, the gunk IS NOT from the E-85 I assure you. Your going to have to dig deeper. There is nothing in the E-85 that leaves gunk, its the anti-gunk fuel if anything. E-85 will leave white reside but not black gunk.

***** edit****

There does seem to a correlation to additives in some mixtures of E-85 in regards to the black gunk in different parts of the country

This is a super late response, but what you are saying about the 'black gunk' is true. This issue has been traced back to what is called "drag line reducer".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_reducing_agent

This 'stuff' is nasty, and, it is used in different parts of the country, and usually in low-grade gasoline loaded in to railcars. Low-grade gasoline hauled via semis are not seeing the same problem.

I also had a lot of stuff in the secondary fuel filter. I decided to change the fuel lines to Teflon lined. more to follow

I also had a lot of stuff in the secondary fuel filter. I decided to change the fuel lines to Teflon lined. more to follow

I, too, have seen this stuff get past filters. Also, you're 100% correct in that this 'stuff' will go back in to solution with regular gasoline. It will disappear, just as it did when you cleaned your injectors with gasoline.

Edit: I see no issue with upgrading your fuel lines - makes sense to me.

Well parts are on the way. I have been working on getting this 4.1 put togeather. There were a few problems, but I think they have been ironed out. I recived a few emails informing me that the parts are on the way cometic head gaskets, cam, new fuel lines, and a bunch of other parts. The ups Gus will be busy the next few days. I will post some pictures, I have to give a shout out to Fragola performance for the Fule lines they really took care of me. Turbo farm also was a big help Prasad did every thing in his power to help me with the parts I orderd from him. Thanks

Just incase you missed it. This is the 4.1 I just put in. :(

image-825051369.jpg

Attachments

• image-2243962927.jpg
    image-2243962927.jpg
    591.8 KB · Views: 192
  • image-3978537110.jpg
    image-3978537110.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 172
  • image-760096216.jpg
    image-760096216.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 188
It looks like you put gun powder in you crankcase! Did you shit your shorts when that blew up? You know if you would turn down the stereo you would hear the engine right? Just bustin' your balls. Get that car fixed and back on the road.

Just imagine what was going through my head when it, poped, stopped, and there was an orange glow comming out from underneath the car. The decision to get the fire department involved. The thought of loosing the whole car. I have seen a TR that was burnt, they don't look good that way.

Well, the motor made it in to car craft. June 2013 page 90. Not the way I wanted to get in a magazine, but it's there.

Been back on the road for a month and a half. I had to replace a fuel injector. Not sure what's wrong with it. Clogged or electronic failure. I think I am going to send it to the injector inspector for his opinion.

Been back on the road for a month and a half. I had to replace a fuel injector. Not sure what's wrong with it. Clogged or electronic failure. I think I am going to send it to the injector inspector for his opinion.
Injector inspector!

Yea, I need to get a message to chuck. I might even send him one of my fuel filters. He found all kinds of crap in my injectors last time I sent them in. He even made a post about them. I have changed my fuel lines to Teflon, but I'm sure there is still stuff left over. It will be nice to see what the problem is, then correct it. At this point I have not talked to chuck. I will post any findings

Yea, I need to get a message to chuck. I might even send him one of my fuel filters. He found all kinds of crap in my injectors last time I sent them in. He even made a post about them. I have changed my fuel lines to Teflon, but I'm sure there is still stuff left over. It will be nice to see what the problem is, then correct it. At this point I have not talked to chuck. I will post any findings
After a few months running e85 I cut my filter open with a hacksaw. Car sat for two months also. Looked perfect inside. I'm using all stock lines.