New Drop In E85 Compatible Fuel Pump, DW300, January 2011

What about the pro jays racing 044 which is supposed to be even better than the regular 044?

Below 70 psi, the PT340 and DW300 have the advantage. Above 80 psi, the B Pro Series 044 gets the nod. Between 70 and 80 psi, kind of a wash, it's hard to tell, differences are very slight.

One reason I posted this thread was because ...

What fuel pump has a 3 year warranty and is E85 compatible?
Lets not forget about the Weakbro debacle and the $$ and damage that caused GN owners.

But every pump you guys are bringing up is a gas pump with maybe a 1 year warranty on gas, let alone E85. The Jay Racing pump doesn't say anything about a warranty unlike the 3.5k hours DW has already logged in for their customers to feel easy about with the confidence that it will last for 3 years.

Regardless if pump X flows as much as the DW, if it dies within 3 months on E85 (my Denso did) the chart that matters should say,

It flows 0psi @ 3 months. :frown:

These DW pumps are supposed to become avail in mid January? If they are plug and play for our a cars,I'm in. I have searched other sites for these,but they are ricer sites. I don't want to be on a waiting list for a plug/play pump for a Maxima.

I'd like the DW to replace my ancient stocker. If not,it's the 044 and the fitting.

It's sure good to see a 3 yr warranty.

'if it dies within 3 months on E85 (my Denso did' > hmmm...thats not good....am surprised to hear that about the denso..first one i've heard to die so quick..i recall installing mine rite after you did(.maybe a year ago?)... how did it die?... a slow death or all at once?

Hey Turbocamino, ya my Denso died in 2010 with about 1500 E85 miles on it. It was the main reason I did the whole Bosch 044 swap (I posted this info in that tread I believe). It's funny because I mentioned the Denso deal when we had the Walbro melt down and then that pump dies on me one day while taking a blast, was off 10psi while racing a BMW. I can't win. :mad:

The gas pumps aren't living too well in our E85 tanks, at least mine aren't, so I'm always looking for pumps for us all to use that we can enjoy while in the drivers seat, instead of on our backs dropping tanks every season. :frown:
This is why I'm more interested in quality this time with E85 than even flow numbers since we can add pumps if needed. Hell, add Alky too. :D:D

I'm hopeful the Bosch 044 will survive longer but I doubt it can compete with the DW if they're already at 3.5k hours in E85. And regardless, the DW comes with a 3 year warranty so if it doesn't, they're eating it and giving you another one unlike Walbro, Denso or Bosch when they find out it was in E85.

I hope that Aeromotive pump will last in a daily car, because they're not known for that.

It's looking like we are still a couple or 3 weeks away until they are released. I apologize about the delay, we will have them available soon.

We did put a spec sheet together to give you an idea of the dimensions, flow, and power requirements of the pump.

DW301MarketingTechData2.jpg

Well.. You know what they say: "Good things come to those who wait."

Mine is up on stands,the roads are covered in snow and/or salt. So,waiting is no problem for guys like me.

My GN has it's original pump. It's time to replace it. Planning on replacing it with yours with the 3yr warranty.

are spade connectors the only option for wire hook up. Will a nut and lock washer option be available in the future?

Yes, the spade connectors (actually it is a wired male plug) will be the only option for the DW301. I can't say that we won't offer something different in the future if the demand is there.

Here is the only graph I have for the Walbro, hopefully this helps show the similarities in the pump dimensions.

Here is a quick rundown

Pump Width = ...............DW 39mm ------Walbro 37.4mm
Pump Overall Length =.....DW 120mm -----Walbro 123.6mm
Pump Outlet OD =...........DW 9.2mm ------Walbro 9.1
Outlet ID =....................DW 8.4mm ------Walbro 7.9mm

There wasn't a number on the DW for the Sock/Strainer and the Walbro didn't show the Outlet Length but after reviewing both charts, I'd assume they're really close or in the case of the Sock, probably the same.

So since the Reds DP usually comes with Walbros, you can run 2 DW's and really put the Ocean of fuel volume to your rail, especially at 16 volts. :eek:

Attachments

• walbrodrawing.jpg
    walbrodrawing.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 864
Just ordered up (2)...guess I'll be the guinea pig :D ...hopefully they are avaliable soon :redface:

Somone making mods to the stock hanger for a bigger outlet with an fittings?

Somone making mods to the stock hanger for a bigger outlet with an fittings?

I bought one of those billet Robbmc hats too for the new pumps....After looking at the pic's of his hat and an extra Reds setup I have sitting in the garage...i am going to have a go at modding something up, did it b/c I ordered the -10 lines w/ the new hat :) ...See how she goes when everything comes in!