In-tank Walbro+Bosch 044 or Double Pumper?

WFO

Habitual Line-Stepper
Hey guys,just weighing my fuel pump options for this summer's experiment...

I'm throwing together an E85 combo using the parts I have laying around.This car's getting a turbo 5.3 LS1/4L80E in the next year or two,so I'm not gonna shell out a bunch of $$ on the V6 combo. Just wanna put it together for some summertime fun on the cheap.:cool:

Car currently has an intank Walbro 340/hotwire.

I have a double pumper setup on the shelf.

Should I just bite the bullet and drop the tank,or is it a better option to buy a Bosch 044 and put it inline?

The stock lines will stay for now,I can cut/TIG a -10 AN on the end of the rail if need be.

Is there a "good" spot for the 044 to go in, or am I going to have to hack the stock lines to get it in place?

Do any of our supporting vendors offer the Bosch 044? If not,what's the best place to get one?

Thanks,Sean

Nice.:cool:

I'm guessing I'd need to call them with the part # to get a price?:confused:

Still be nice to get one from a supporting vendor...

I've seen em on fleabay but I'd rather stay away from that too.

Walbro stuff has pretty much run Bosch usage out of the Buick world so I doubt you find a vendor that stocks them or even uses them anymore. Id just call IPW and get a price.

WFO said:
Do any of our supporting vendors offer the Bosch 044? If not,what's the best place to get one?

Thanks,Sean

I bought my 044 from www.jayracing.com.

I bought my 044 from Jay Racing.

Sweet.

Are you running it in series with an intank pump or by itself?

If this E85 thing works out I might change to a dual outlet cell in the trunk and run two Bosch 044s to a tee into -10AN and run the LS1 on it.

WFO said:
Sweet.

Are you running it in series with an intank pump or by itself?

If this E85 thing works out I might change to a dual outlet cell in the trunk and run two Bosch 044s to a tee into -10AN and run the LS1 on it.

I haven't mounted mine yet. Like you, I'm undecided on mounting it inline with my Walbro 340 or fabbing a pickup and running it by itself externally...but most likely I'll just run it inline with the 340.

Also if I get time I'm gonna experiment mounting it in tank.... I have an idea for a clean install and wanna see if it works.:)

Id really recommend against running it by itself. You can get yourself into a situation where the car wont start with externals mounted way up high like that depending on how you park. Sumping isnt really an answer either because the sumps rust unless you reline the tank and race gas eats the stuff out they use to reline with.

What injectors do you plan on using? I'm assuming you need qty 8. Reason I'm asking is that depending on fuel demand you may have to step up to a Bosch 413.

This summer I'm gonna run 60#s and an old as hell ATR 7th injector.

Why?

Cuz I have em and I want to see how it'll work.:biggrin:

I don't have any goal other than run it for the summer and we'll see how fast it goes. It'll be interesting to see how the E85 reacts to being fogged into the intake like alky via the 7th.

I'll tune it with the wideband and the knock sensor and if it pops it pops.:rolleyes::eek::eek:

If your just going to be running the 60's, leave the intank 340 and run it by itself. It'll supply plenty of fuel to those 60's. We run 120's on stock fuel lines with single intank pumps, stock lines, and 20+ pounds of boost with no problems. These arent high HP motors though, probably around 400-450HP at said boost levels.

Wow.:eek:

Well I'll be running the 60s and a 7th with at least a 60 in it so it'll be the same fuel as 70s basically.

Maybe I'll get it together with the one walbro and see how it reacts to the 7th. Not sure how big of an injector I'll be able to run before it starts to bog at the hit.:confused:

Like I said I've got a double pumper setup here. Just not sure I want to bother with it since it probably won't supply enough fuel for the LS1, especially if I stick with E85.

Is there a good spot to install an 044 where I won't have to drop the tank? Never really poked around back there...:cool: