New Drop In E85 Compatible Fuel Pump, DW300, January 2011

No prob DeatschWerks, this pump looks like a great addition to the GN community and I'd recommend becoming a message board Vendor and making yourself known around here, this pump can dominate. ;)

Whoa, looks like the Kenne Bell Boost A Pump will be a nice addition for those E85ers that need the extra volume, just make sure you have a 20amp fuse in the box!!!!:eek:
Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump

DW, lets get this one out of the way for you.

Is the DW301 pump the SAME FUEL PUMP as the Jay Racing PT342?

From the fuel charts is clearly doesn't look like it but this might save you some phone calls in January from this board at least. ;)

Granted some pumps can be lemons. Graphs and charts "statistacily will not show this" I would like to see some real world performing stats on some of the new offerings before I jump on any one pump. Put it this way I have no problem doing a double pumper for future upgrades I would just rather go with the better performing pump. Flow, pressure and longevity is the name of the game and in those priorities particularily.

Aeromotive, DW, either or I suppose but if either or just suck(blow) I may just consider going with the Bosch considering I have a fitting on standby.

Reliability
100% E85 compatible.
SAE guidelines for long term fuel pump testing are 4K hours. DW has been doing long term testing since the beginning of the year. Over 3.5K hours of testing on 100% ethanol with no failures. Long term testing will keep going passed 4K hours until failure.

Above is by MAPerformance, DW should be able to update on the constant hours test since the above is from weeks ago.

Thanks according to this data a tripple intank setup with -6 lines from each pump to a y block to a -10 to the rails should not have an issue supporting 1200rwhp on e85 at 80-85 psi? Even looking at a tripple intank setup at 13.5 the volume vs pressure looks better than the Weldon 2435A race pump.

From the fuel charts is clearly doesn't look like it but this might save you some phone calls in January from this board at least. ;)
Mike,

No problem, and you are right that question is going to be asked. I can answer that; they are not the same pump.

Scott87 said:
Granted some pumps can be lemons. Graphs and charts "statistacily will not show this" I would like to see some real world performing stats on some of the new offerings before I jump on any one pump. Put it this way I have no problem doing a double pumper for future upgrades I would just rather go with the better performing pump. Flow, pressure and longevity is the name of the game and in those priorities particularily.

Aeromotive, DW, either or I suppose but if either or just suck(blow) I may just consider going with the Bosch considering I have a fitting on standby.

Scott,

Fair enough. I can say that the stats posted for the DW301 were derived from an average, so we have some that flow more and some that flow less, as well as a majority being right in the middle. We have sent out almost 100 pumps in the last couple of months to our dealers and installers so they can get an idea of what the pump can do. We've had a successful 620awhp E85 DSM on DW301 and DW1500cc injectors, a '04 WRX just swapping from a W255HP to DW301 made +35hp and +30tq, and newer STi made over 600awhp using two DW301s flowing E85 are a few examples that we've heard from so far.

We are getting more reports in as the weeks progress, so keep your eyes peeled on the forums...and I'll relay any big new I can here.

-Chris

Thanks according to this data a tripple intank setup with -6 lines from each pump to a y block to a -10 to the rails should not have an issue supporting 1200rwhp on e85 at 80-85 psi? Even looking at a tripple intank setup at 13.5 the volume vs pressure looks better than the Weldon 2435A race pump.

Chris do you agree on what I said above?

novi,

I do know that having three pumps installed does not equal 330+330+330. I'd love to be able to give you a straight answer on that one, but I'll be honest with you...multiple pumps goes beyond anything I've done personally.

We do have some 2 and 3 pump installs that are being finished up in the next few weeks, so I will be happy to pass along any info or reports that come across my desk.

-Chris

novi,

I do know that having three pumps installed does not equal 330+330+330. I'd love to be able to give you a straight answer on that one, but I'll be honest with you...multiple pumps goes beyond anything I've done personally.

We do have some 2 and 3 pump installs that are being finished up in the next few weeks, so I will be happy to pass along any info or reports that come across my desk.

-Chris

Ok that sounds good if you can pass along any info that you guys get that would be great.

By any chance are these the new Chinese made fuel pumps that just came into the market few months back? I was told about a 300 lph pump that all the Supra guys and so on running in their cars with great success. I asked about that pump to one of our venders and he said he has them but he didn’t want to sell them to our Buick community because we whine and bitches about everything. I see his point so I didn’t push it any further.

Prasad

Hey Prasad, I doubt it from this comment from DeatschWerks

"We do have some 2 and 3 pump installs that are being finished up in the next few weeks"

The pump you are thinking of is the Jay Racing PT342.
Titan Motorsports Twin and Triple Pump Fuel System

Ricks Hot Rod Shop already has a custom EFI tank for us so they'd need to customize the hanger for the triple pump to happen.

How does this new dw300-1 pump compare with jays racing pro 044 pump which I already bought?

The biggest factor is going to be that DW is taking the time to put their pump in a test rig and already log in 3.5k hours of use in E85, and will keep going to give us all an idea of quality, and that they offer a 3 year warranty.

The flows look very similar so it will come down to price, quality and warranty. Jay Racing isn't making the pump so whenever I see that type of marketing I let the market be the guinea.

By any chance are these the new Chinese made fuel pumps that just came into the market few months back? I was told about a 300 lph pump that all the Supra guys and so on running in their cars with great success. I asked about that pump to one of our venders and he said he has them but he didn’t want to sell them to our Buick community because we whine and bitches about everything. I see his point so I didn’t push it any further.

Prasad

Is this the Kyosan pump by any chance ?

FWIW, this pretty much flows BETTER than a Bosch 044 until 80psi where the Bosch levels off better. Not a big deal for us (42 base and 30 WOT = 72psi).

Comparing the charts of the B044 and DW300, at 70 psi they are pretty close, with the DW300 having a slight edge (only 2-3 gph).

That being said, the form factor looks much closer to that of our stock in-tank pump.

Actually, when you plot the two on the same chart they are surprisingly close, with the slight differences which could be attributed to production variances.

What about the pro jays racing 044 which is supposed to be even better than the regular 044?