Midwest Meet.....It's time to talk about it. Wisconsin?

dwall, the Gus drive-in sounds like a good idea if we can get a good number of cars driving back to chicago at the same time.

As far as a day saturday to me would be good,sunday for me would be hard and some other guys.Alot of us may have church or other thing going on if you know what i mean

I also think that Saturday will be better for most of us!!!!!!!!

Prasad

We got a concensus and the fix is in.

Reservations are set for:

Saturday August 22, 2009 for Shelter #3.

Shelter #3 has:
  1. Large stone pavillion close to the lake with shade on either side
  2. 13 large heavy tables/8 seats per table = 104 seats at one time
  3. Large charcoal grill
  4. 7 Electric outlets (3 duplex + 1 single)
  5. Volleyball court
  6. Horseshoe pits
  7. A short walk to the water
  8. Large circle parking with parking on inner and outer rings - good show area
  9. Park shelters are open 10AM - 9:30PM
  10. A Men's and Women's bathroom with bar soap as the Co. customer service rep. made sure to tell me...lol :wink:
  11. And I believe there is a play area/climber for kids
The Great State of Dane Co. Parks shelter reservation fees are prepaid and non-refundable. Looking forward to a great Track Day and the following Meet. I will make a trip over to the shelter as soon it is open for the season to scout it out. Been there a couple times in the past for music in the park etc. but its been a couple years. I will take some pics etc.

Note: There is camping by reservation at Lake Farm Park with areas for campers and tents. If intereseted info is available at website:
https://www.reservedane.com/Category_Detail.aspx?ID=6

We'll have a plan for food/menu & money collection soon and will post a new thread then. Please post any ideas or thoughts - whatever - here!

Thanks,
Bob

Reservations are set for:*Saturday August 22, 2009 for Shelter #3.*Shelter #3 has:
  1. Large stone pavillion close to the lake with shade on either side
  2. 13 large heavy tables/8 seats per table = 104 seats at one time
  3. Large charcoal grill
  4. 7 Electric outlets (3 duplex + 1 single)
  5. Volleyball court
  6. Horseshoe pits
  7. A short walk to the water
  8. Large circle parking with parking on inner and outer rings - good show area
  9. Park shelters are open 10AM - 9:30PM
  10. A Men's and Women's bathroom with bar soap as the Co. customer service rep. made sure to tell me...lol :wink:
  11. And I believe there is a play area/climber for kids
The Great State of Dane Co. Parks shelter reservation fees are prepaid and non-refundable. Looking forward to a great Track Day and the following Meet. I will make a trip over to the shelter as soon it is open for the season to scout it out. Been there a couple times in the past for music in the park etc. but its been a couple years. I will take some pics etc.*Note: There is camping by reservation at Lake Farm Park with areas for campers and tents. If intereseted info is available at website:https://www.reservedane.com/Category_Detail.aspx?ID=6*We'll have a plan for food/menu & money collection soon and will post a new thread then.** Please post any ideas or thoughts - whatever - here!*Thanks,Bob
Sooo...this is the plan?? Can I mark the calender/reserve time off of work?? Who's in????

My car finally moved on it's own POWER!!!!!!! I'll be bringing it this year to show it off!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!

Anybody else?

July 18th @ Byron and Aug. 22nd @ Madison - two dates!

FYI - Madison is set also.

We're working on a menu - picnic style sandwiches, salads, fruit, chips - maybe furnish your own beverages. Gotta figure out/estimate costs then we'll post up.

Bob

I had beer at the first meet and it was nice to have some drinks but I think I'd be scared to drive my car after the meet in unknown territory. Maybe we should get a hotel room so we can slam a few back that night! STRIP CLUB?????

I should have a menu & money estimate

Post by the end of the week. We need to cover cost of food and the basic park fees ($81 is paid for shelter and 13 tables so far). We are leaning toward homade barbeque hamburger (sloppy Joe) and 1/4 hot dogs with the usual picnic stuff - potato salad, cole slaw, chips, pickles, fruit salad and maybe some desert cake or cookies.

As for alcohol - the permit fee for alcohol consumption by more than 10 people per shelter is an additional $10 (not much $ but we went without - used Busse Woods as a precedent). Lots of folks will have a couple hours of drive time to get home so... personal use only sounds reasonable.

How they determine alcohol head count is beyond me? Previous experience in Dane Co. parks indicates that personal occasional use (BYO) isn't a problem if it doesn't attract attention with loud intoxicated behavior.

On a side note there are campsites near the entrance and in Lake Farm Park - RVs and motor homes. I'm not sure about tents but there must be info on the website. Good motels in the area both on and off the Beltline Hwy (12&18), 151 North and I-90/39 to Chicago.

For 'Terms and Condtions' aka alcohol is on the list:
https://www.reservedane.com/Terms_Conditions.aspx

I guess Paypal works best - Phil used that two years ago to get an accurate idea how much food, supplies, condiments etc. were needed and it worked well for him.

Anyway - updates later this week. Its a great place. Here's a link for general park info:
https://www.reservedane.com/Category_Detail.aspx?ID=6

WE have Shelter #3 - picture attached. Its located at the end of a long driveway and has a large circle area for parking cars - lotsa room! Shelter is not too far from the lake.

This should be fun - looking forward to Byron too!
Bob

Just saw your post Jeremy - I think "Visions" :eek: is still alive on E. Wash. It's been there since the 70's. The proprietors are a local legends going back to the old Dangle Lounge. Pioneers in topless, bottomless, amatuer night stuff. MANY stories!

Attachments

• Shelter_3-1.jpg
    Shelter_3-1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 301
COOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bob, let me know how much you need me to pitch in and I will send a Paypal ASAP!

That looks nice. I took my car on the highway today and it felt pretty good, maybe I'm more up for a long drive than I thought.

The raod trip is the best part!!! Specially when your rolling with 20 GN's!!!!!!!!! Doesnt get much better than that, most people dont even know what to think when they see all of us whistling by!!!!!!!:biggrin:

JD--I'm comin to your place the night before!!! Hopefully you'll let me roll along side ya...er...prolly WAY behind ya!!!:eek: :D Tryin to talk Jesse into riding with me.

Dammit you guys! Start talkin about strip clubs:mad: That's like waving a steak kabob in my face:eek: I'm not gonna have enough time off work for all that driving. It just wouldn't be relaxing for me knowing I would have to leave after work or when the crickets are still chirping to make it there and have to crash out and go to work as soon as I got home.

Next year maybe. That way I can hit a deer with it, LOL! If I get it together there will be road trips! Maybe mid summer. Like I said, some of us Iowa and Nebraska people should meet up sometime.

JD--I'm comin to your place the night before!!! Hopefully you'll let me roll along side ya...er...prolly WAY behind ya!!!:eek: :D Tryin to talk Jesse into riding with me.

For sure brother!!!! We could hit up Daisy Dooks the night before!!!!:biggrin: I love stripper perfume!!!