Midwest Meet.....It's time to talk about it. Wisconsin?

I will be attending both dates. Might have 3 turbo buicks in attendance if I can get my buddy to bring out his fully restored 86 T-type. Its no fun if you just leave it sit in the garage!

I Will Be Where Ever You Decide To Hold The Meet I Have A Long Drive From Tennessee. I Will Be Checking Back.

PayPal info for Midwest Meet Madison

Midwest Meet Madison –
Lake Farm Park Shelter #3
August 22, 2009
10AM – 5PM

Menu
-----------------------------------
Barbeque Hamburger (Sloppy Joe) w/round bun
Bratwurst w/brat bun
¼ # Hot dogs w/brat bun for the kids
(Colonial Bakery sliced seeded light buns fresh on Sat. morning)

Boosted Baked Beans – served hot
Potato Salad – American mustard style
Cole Slaw – Cream style
Chips, & the usual pickles, onions, & condiments
Choc Chip cookies

Cold water, ice, grilling supplies & hand sanitizer
Napkins, heavy duty paper plates, cold drink cups, & plastic picnic ware.

----------------------------------

Note: It’s BYOB -
Bring your own beverages!!!

Of course, there is a bubbler (where do they say that?) on one side of the shelter. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubbler
;)
--------------------------------------

Just to give everyone an idea how money will be spent, upfront park registration = $81 is already paid. That means with 40 people paid, the park and PayPal fees are covered…. and there will be ~ $10 per person on hand to pay for food & picnic supplies. At that count there might be enough $ to add a few extras to the menu above.

IF money is unspent after park registration and food/supplies or any rental equipment, we can decide how to disperse funds to whomever handles ‘MidwestMeetV6’ next year. All the Madison 2009 expenses will be available on a spread sheet if anyone cares to see where the buck has passed.

Costs are $12 per person……
Tasmanians age 10 and under eat free.

PayPal.com account is: MidwestMeetV5@aol.com

When you pay please include:
1.) Your Turbo Buick screen name for a nametag
2.) How many kids coming

I'm sure I missed something but we'll get things corrected if needed. I will start a new thread with Park info, pictures, and maps soon - maybe in a week.

So, let’s get it rolling. I want to get a handle on the amounts we need to purchase.

It'll be great to get together again!
Thanks.
Bob

Guess I'll need to really clean up the GN

If I have nothing scheduled for that weekend I will be there, especially since I am only 23 miles away.

David
87GN

Don't schedule anything David, we need you!

If I have nothing scheduled for that weekend I will be there, especially since I am only 23 miles away.

David
87GN

It'll be a challenge but maybe we could get enough WI & IA cars to at least give the IL guys a run for their money attendance-wise. :eek: What da ya say?

Hey I could finally get to meet you other than on the highway! - Only 12 bucks/person for a picnic and a day in the park with nothing but the best -Turbo Buick owners and families. Bring some company! Want to help? It'll be a gas - maybe see you before then.

Good weather? - How about Fort next Thur. cruise-in?
Fort Atkinson Community Cruise Nights - Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin

Or Watertown, Jefferson, or Cottage Grove sometime.
carshowguide.com show listings

LMK - OK?
Bob

It'll be a challenge but maybe we could get enough WI & IA cars to at least give the IL guys a run for their money attendance-wise. :eek: What da ya say?

Hey I could finally get to meet you other than on the highway! - Only 12 bucks/person for a picnic and a day in the park with nothing but the best -Turbo Buick owners and families. Bring some company! Want to help? It'll be a gas - maybe see you before then.

Good weather? - How about Fort next Thur. cruise-in?
Fort Atkinson Community Cruise Nights - Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin

Or Watertown, Jefferson, or Cottage Grove sometime.
carshowguide.com show listings

LMK - OK?
Bob

There was nothing scheduled for Aug 22 so it looks like I will be there. My wife said "As long as she doesn't have to go, she doesn't care if I go".

The Fort Cruise Night is Tuesday nights and I'm busy after 7pm so I could only be there for the first hour or so. Wed, and Thurs nights are normally free so the Jefferson or Cottage Grove Cruise nights would work, except for the girls' school concerts this Thursday and on June 4.

If I can't meet up with you at one of the Cruise night's in the next few weeks to give you the $12, I will send you a paypal.

David L
87GN

p.s. Let me know if I can help out in August

Thanks David

There was nothing scheduled for Aug 22 so it looks like I will be there. My wife said "As long as she doesn't have to go, she doesn't care if I go".

The Fort Cruise Night is Tuesday nights and I'm busy after 7pm so I could only be there for the first hour or so. Wed, and Thurs nights are normally free so the Jefferson or Cottage Grove Cruise nights would work, except for the girls' school concerts this Thursday and on June 4.

If I can't meet up with you at one of the Cruise night's in the next few weeks to give you the $12, I will send you a paypal.

David L
87GN

p.s. Let me know if I can help out in August

Great . Yes you can definately help.
Maybe when I see you at one of the cruises above we can touch base. Oh yes Fort is definitely on Tuesday on the listed days. :redface: Happy fingers on the keyboard I guess - must be something in the coffee - sorry!

Thanks for adding the maps and aerial view - This Dane Co pdf. map you found is a good one to print!
http://danedocs.countyofdane.com/webdocs/pdf/lwrd/parks/lakefarm_brochure_map.pdf

If you "Mapquest" & type in 218 Colonnel Wise Rd. Madison WI - the star appears near Shelter #3. You can move the star and zoom in to see shelter #3, maybe sand volleyball, horseshoe pits too.

Map of 281 Colonnel Wise Rd Madison, WI by MapQuest

Directions off Madison's Beltline Hwy. (State Hwy. 12 & 18 - going East/West) are fairly easy.
  1. Get off 12&18 - head South on Raywood Rd.
  2. Go straight ahead thru the roundy round and continue past Nine Springs and turn left (East) onto Moreland Rd. at the Farm Tavern.
  3. Follow Moreland to Lake Farm Park complex and turn left (past RVs) onto Libby Rd.
  4. Follow Libby RD straight toward the lake & take last left (before the boat launch) to shelters #1, #2, & #3.
  5. Go all the way to the circle at the end - Shelter #3 is about a hundred yards from the circle - The circle is marked for about 85 cars parked perpendicular to the inner and outer ring. - How many parking spots can we fill?
How about it? Some of you guys belly-up to the bar?! ;) So far IA/WI guys in the lead!

Adults $12 a head.
PayPal is MidwestMeetV5@aol.com

See ya ... at Byron and Madison.
Bob

Midwest Meet Madison

Turbo Buicks at Lake Farm Park only 3 weeks away - Aug. 22nd.

Plenty of parking, a larger shelter with tables for about 90 and a play area for kids. Add one more road trip to the summer.

Attachments

• S6300939-1.JPG
    S6300939-1.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 106
  • S6300942-1.JPG
    S6300942-1.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 105
  • S6300941-1.JPG
    S6300941-1.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 109