Midwest Meet.....It's time to talk about it. Wisconsin?

jdpolzin

Well guys, it's finally time to pull those old metal sleds out of the garage and put the plastic ones back into storage.......IT"S FINALLY NICE OUT!!!!! Anyways, this is a good chance to bring up the Midwest Meet. This will be the 5 year of the meet and it's awesome we can keep it going for this long. It's growing every year. Anyways, I have talked with a few different people about ideas. It was brought up that the Chi-Town area buick club would help this year if we wanted to do it in Chicago and I also talked with Bob and Nancy (DWALL) abut it. I always wanted to move it around to attract different people and it has been in Chicago or 2 years now, before it was here in the Quad Cities for 2 years. What do you guys think about holding it in the Madison area up by Bob and Nancy? Bob has a few different ideas for nice parks in the area. Ashley and I are willing to help with the food and such and as always, any help from others is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Let's here some ideas guys.....what do you think? And yes the SINFULL GN WILL BE ATTENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin: ------Jeremy

I have attended this meet the past two years and have had alot of fun. The closer the meet is to Chicago the larger the turnout will be. Wisconsin will give us a different mix. I will show up either way as long as the meet is within a three hour drive of the Chicagoland area. Madison fits my requirement. My 2 cents. Brad

I'm down for whatever location, and will be willing to help out with whatever's needed! :biggrin:

Last years was good, location worked..Likely won't attend this year if it's in WI though. Just my .02.

Even if christine puts herself back together I don't think the wife would be able to handle being in the car that long:eek:

I have an idea which is around the center of Iowa, Wisconsin and IL. I was thinking about the Byron Drag strip. Should be around 50 minutes from Quad Cities, Madison as well as the Chicago burbs. Byron is about 15 miles southwest of Rockford.This way people can pull some runs if they want. I do not know what the track offers in facilities since I only drove buy it once. I am sure they would like to have us there. Another idea is a park around Rockford. Just a thought. Brad

Even if christine puts herself back together I don't think the wife would be able to handle being in the car that long:eek:

You could do us BOTH a favor and just ride with me....then MAYBE we wouldn't go crazy on the way?? AAAHHHH I can almost hear it now....NO B!TCHING!!!:eek: :D :eek:

Hey Keith

LOL that's funny:) Well not really cuz it's true;)

Hey let me know when you get the rest of my parts lined up, I've been busy out in the garage. I may need another patch panel also. I will let you know if there is any metal left when I get done blasting:rolleyes:

And been meaning to ask you, how's it going being Daddy?

I have an idea which is around the center of Iowa, Wisconsin and IL. I was thinking about the Byron Drag strip. Should be around 50 minutes from Quad Cities, Madison as well as the Chicago burbs. Byron is about 15 miles southwest of Rockford.This way people can pull some runs if they want. I do not know what the track offers in facilities since I only drove buy it once. I am sure they would like to have us there. Another idea is a park around Rockford. Just a thought. Brad

That's not bad, I'll be making that drive plenty this season...just like last season. :)

ill drive to madison...

Thats what I like to see! Lets round up some new faces this year!

No seriously, I know most of the guys from Chicago would like to have it there but the whole idea of this MidWest Meet was to get us all together and drive our cars. If we spread it out a little, more people will get interested. Do really guys really think your cars wont make it? Madison cant be that far from Chicago?

anybody thought of great lakes dragaway? 10 miles north of ill border, 30 from milwaukee 80 from madison, lots of parks in the area also chas52