Midwest Meet.....It's time to talk about it. Wisconsin?

There is actually a real nice place in Byron right next to the track. It has sheltors with grills ect... If you want to keep it a central location. If it falls on a Sunday, we could raid Hooters in Rockford afterward. They have a cruise there every Sunday nite thru the summer.

Byron would be awesome. They have a test & tune weekend July 18th & 19th and then in August on the 1st & 2nd and at the end of the month on the 29th and 30th. Those days it would be the least crowded and you could cook out as well. The only downside is it'd be $10.00 for parking if you're not racing but we could park on the west side of the track in the fields so room would not be a problem out there.

Sooooooooo.........Who's going to organize it this year?????????? Come on guys, someone step up to the plate. It's really not that hard to take care of. Bob and Nancy, Ashley and I, and I'm sure others will be here to lend a helping hand. Someone just needs to take charge this year.

Byron..

If you guys want I can put a call in to Ron @ Byron and try to set something up. Post up your thoughts. I'm not trying to be the organizer here just trying to help out.

If you guys want I can put a call in to Ron @ Byron and try to set something up. Post up your thoughts. I'm not trying to be the organizer here just trying to help out.

Rob-Put your pants on and be host. Last two years ws have had a fifty to fifty five car turn out. Brad

I'm reluctant to play host due to my work schedule as it gets really busy in the summer but I don't mind getting a date set with the track if that's cool with everyone.

Rob- Call the ball -you know the right place and the right time, Believe me-We will help-we will come-we will have a good time. You are not alone. This is not a vote situation. Think about it . Brad

Rob- Call the ball -you know the right place and the right time, Believe me-We will help-we will come-we will have a good time. You are not alone. This is not a vote situation. Think about it . Brad

I'm workin' on it. Got the ball rolling today so as soon as something is set I'll let everyone know :)

Cool guys!!!! This is going to be a good time! Maybe we could do some sort of "Pot Luck" deal with the food. Some people could be incharge of certain types of food to bring. Sound like a good idea??

I don't want to muddy the water but how about two separate events?

A track day @ Byron (RobG) and a Madison Midwest Meet picnic, socialize and show-off on another day?

Tomorrow I'll reserve Shelter #3 at Lake Farm Park for Sun. Aug, 15th if that works for enough people. Nancy and I will plan for food, directions, tables and figure out the money collection and whatever other picnic stuff we need done. Anybody else that can help with arrangements and work - if we do this, it'd be great to hear from you!

A link for the Park:
Lake Farm Park - Parks Division - Government of Dane County, Wisconsin

Here's a link shelter #3 - still open as of now:
https://www.reservedane.com/images/pictures/65.jpg

Shelter #3 has a paved circular parking area just a short walk from the picnic area.

No problem either way - Yes or No guys????
Another Bob

I'm in for Wisconsin! I like the idea to be able of being able to relax and socialize with my fellow TB buddies. Are there any car shows that night in the area?? If you need any help, I will for sure be there!

I'm all about the byron day at the track, and the grass field for parking is more than enough to have 100+ buicks to show off and hang out. I would be bringing my grill and burgers and such as well.

If there is another meet in madison I would try to go so long as it does not interfere with any grudge / drag racing events (RSD/SCC/TSM)

My car doesn't show very well unless its on a drag strip...lol

A track day @ Byron (RobG) and a Madison Midwest Meet picnic, socialize and show-off on another day?

Tomorrow I'll reserve Shelter #3 at Lake Farm Park for Sun. Aug, 15th if that works for enough people. Nancy and I will plan for food, directions, tables and figure out the money collection and whatever other picnic stuff we need done. Anybody else that can help with arrangements and work - if we do this, it'd be great to hear from you!

A link for the Park:
Lake Farm Park - Parks Division - Government of Dane County, Wisconsin

Here's a link shelter #3 - still open as of now:
https://www.reservedane.com/images/pictures/65.jpg

Shelter #3 has a paved circular parking area just a short walk from the picnic area.

No problem either way - Yes or No guys????
Another Bob

Bob, that sounds great!!! why not two events maybe even more. Let us know how much we need to pitch in!!!!!

Prasad

I'm workin' on it. Got the ball rolling today so as soon as something is set I'll let everyone know :)

Hey Rob, keep working on your plans too. We will have more than one get together this year. It will be fun!!!!!!

Prasad

I'm all about the byron day at the track, and the grass field for parking is more than enough to have 100+ buicks to show off and hang out. I would be bringing my grill and burgers and such as well.

If there is another meet in madison I would try to go so long as it does not interfere with any grudge / drag racing events (RSD/SCC/TSM)

My car doesn't show very well unless its on a drag strip...lol

I am down for that too. It will be easy to organize too. There is food at the track too so someone does not have to worry about feeding an Army. :cool: Or people can bring whatever they want.

Some input on date for the WI part of MIdwest Meet??

Lake Farm Park (above) is open for reservation on:
  1. Sun. Aug. 16
  2. Sat. Aug. 22
  3. Sun. Aug. 23
Anybody have any preferences?

I don't know of any late afternoon cruises or shows around Madison on these days. However, every Saturday Gus's Drive - In in East Troy has a cruise in from 5-9 PM - Chicago guys might want to TurboBuick shock'em :eek: on the way home - its a little North of Lake Geneva on I-43:

Gus's Drive-In, East Troy WI - Custard - Classic Cars - And more!

So post up if there are any conflicts with club or racing events anyone knows of - or preferences for whatever reason. We still have choice.

Thanks,
Bob

dwall, the Gus drive-in sounds like a good idea if we can get a good number of cars driving back to chicago at the same time.

As far as a day saturday to me would be good,sunday for me would be hard and some other guys.Alot of us may have church or other thing going on if you know what i mean