Midwest Meet.....It's time to talk about it. Wisconsin?

anybody thought of great lakes dragaway? 10 miles north of ill border, 30 from milwaukee 80 from madison, lots of parks in the area also chas52

i love that track
2 of my friends and i went there for a week
by the third day they tech guys were like"your the Minnesota boys" and waved us right thru tech;)

a little far though...id trailer to go there but id drive to madison

will have to plot out drive based on E-85 station locations:biggrin:
-Dan

anybody thought of great lakes dragaway? 10 miles north of ill border, 30 from milwaukee 80 from madison, lots of parks in the area also chas52

im good for great lake dragaway, that about 1 hour or so from me

GLD is closer for me. Byron is more centrally located for Wisc, Iowa and IL. Think about it. Let me know when and where. Brad

If I get a chance Byron will be on my list in order to get info. Let me do a little homework. I am sure Byron would love to have us there. Brad

I should have been looking for this thread.. YEAR FIVE!!!

Nancy and I stopped to see Jeremy, Ashley (and Noah) on the way thru Quad Cities about a week ago. We talked about the meet. I should have been looking for a Midwest Meet thread, but I haven’t been on line much. Anyway I or we will go where ever people decide

Keep the Midwest Meet going!

Some stuff to think about?
Track time vs. no track time? (Cost)
Park vs. parking area? (Reservations vs. first come first served)
Picnic vs. concessions (Shared community food vs. pack or pay for your own)
Shelter vs. no shelter (tables, grills, electric, volleyball, etc.)?
July vs. August? (Sat. vs. Sun.)

About possibly doing Madison:
I checked the Dane Co. Parks Website for available shelters. There are some great ones in the Madtown area but they are filling up fairly quickly. One is 10 min. North of Madison at Token Creek Co. Park just off I-90/94 at Deerfield WI - another is Lake Farm Co. Park in Madison just off the Beltline Hwy. (12/18) about 10 min West of the 12/18 and I-39/90 interchange. There are some other alternatives too.
Distances to Madison:
Quad Cities – 2 ½ hours (Hwy 61 & 151)
Chicago – 2 hours (I-90 or I-90 and the 2 lane scenic route)
Milwaukee – 1 1/3 hours (I-94)
Green Bay – 2 ½ hours (US 151 & 41)
St. Paul/Minneapolis – 4 ½ hours (I-94)

Anyway count us in. I’ll work/help on planning or food or whatever we need. There's gotta be at least one “Volunteered Bob’. :wink:

Maybe Byron:
I’ll be good to hear about Byron, Brad. I don't want to advocate Madison over any other site - just wanted to add my 2 cents (less these days:frown: ).

If I get a chance Byron will be on my list in order to get info. Let me do a little homework. I am sure Byron would love to have us there. Brad

Some new faces would be great you guys, so maybe lets hear some other ideas too.
Bob/dwall

I checked out the Byron wedsite. They have a Buick, Olds, Pontiac weekend Sept. 12-13. The other dates appear to be filled. I spoke to last years host Turbobob924 and Byron can easily handle us. I really do not want to be host. Who ever takes over this responsibility should make the call. I am not pushing Byron- just an idea. Madison works with me as I have already said. Thanks- Brad

I just hope we can have it in August on a saturday,did'nt some one mention loyd from the chicagoland buick chapter? He was willing to help out.

I just hope we can have it in August on a saturday,did'nt some one mention loyd from the chicagoland buick chapter? He was willing to help out.

Lloyd and Shari, they are good people, I am sure they are willing to help if we ask. I believe "B O B" Bob had a conversation with them regarding this matter.
Once someone takes charge, we can go forward.

Prasad:D

Lloyd and Shari, they are good people, I am sure they are willing to help if we ask. I believe "B O B" Bob had a conversation with them regarding this matter.
Once someone takes charge, we can go forward.

Prasad:D

My opinion. Who ever decides to be host calls the ball-picks the location, date and the food(barbecue, on your own, concessions).My 2 cents. Brad

P.S. I will not be the host but will give help.

Byron Forest Preserve

There is actually a real nice place in Byron right next to the track. It has sheltors with grills ect... If you want to keep it a central location. If it falls on a Sunday, we could raid Hooters in Rockford afterward. They have a cruise there every Sunday nite thru the summer.

There is actually a real nice place in Byron right next to the track. It has sheltors with grills ect... If you want to keep it a central location. If it falls on a Sunday, we could raid Hooters in Rockford afterward. They have a cruise there every Sunday nite thru the summer.[/

Dennis- Volunteer to be host and call the shots as to when, where, and food. Thanks-Brad

Location, for me, isn't that important. This will be my first time attending any type of TR gathering. Since I don't plan on racing my GN, a track location is not that important to me. I just look forward to meeting everyone and checking out thier bad-a$$ rides!!:D :D

Racing isnt that important to me either but whoever decides to step up to the plate this year can make that decision. I started this originally to just have a gathering so we can meet the people we talk to everyday online. Thats the most important part for me! You guys are pretty much like an extended family!