HB Donut Shop

Sorry Guys The weather Channel calls for Rain

and flood watches tommorow starting at 6 am. I just seen this at 9:22pm tonight for Los Angeles tommorow. Dont take my word tho, things could change, but I will not be going now watching how the weather has changed.

My camera battery is charging as we speak. The car is gassed, waxed, and alky'd up and ready for action.

We'll see how the weather turns out in the am and go from there.

Look forward to seeing everyone and meeting new folks.

-later...

A little down and dirty

Well fellas it's midnight and I just got back from the track. This is what happend. I got kicked out :D Didnt' have a rollbar!

First pass with 19-20 pnds netted a 11.81 @ 118.692 / 1.92 60ft

Second pass with 21-22 pnds netted a 11.44 @ 120.79 / 1.90 60ft

M/T ET Streets were at 21 PSI, wasn't real sure how much I should lower them too. Next outing I'll be tuning for 25 PSI! This is the sweet spot for the 45A, this thing should really haul the mail then....We'll see.

BTW both runs had O knock and ran smooth all the way down track. There was a slight delay in shifting from 2nd to 3rd, other than that it was clean.

Guys I'm tired,...I'll talk to everyone in the AM... :cool:

Ray

Well it was raining when I was about to leave so I didnt go!!! Hopefully I will get to go one of these days!!

we should all try to make it next weekend if theres no rain Ill be there and hopefully see new tr people...and I will litterally take a rain check for my donuts from ya turbo :biggrin: I guess your rain dance worked for ya.. :mad:

A new TB record

Total count was 10 TBs, 2 TTAs, and no rain. It was great to see so many quality cars (and people). I can only imagine how many would have showed up if rain hadn't been a factor. I think that we were the first group in the lot and the last to leave. It's kinda cool that even with out an "official" organazation that we probably got together the largest winter time TB gathering on the planet :cool: . A big thumbs up to all who showed up, and maybe sometime this year we can even beat this record :D .

Happy spoolin...

Mike barnard

great turn out guys!

I had a nice time, but we missed you 619 boys. That little bit of rain must have scared ya off. I came home and installed new injectors and chip, along with a power plate and still had time to spare before the rain came. :)

Buff this fool!

wiked87gn said:
I heard it was going to rain and if it does my car is not getting out of the garage after spending $160.00 on Buff and WAX, wow it looks like a damn new car :). but if weather permits I will be there..
I hear rumours that Wells is gearing up to whip your ass. So you best leave it in the garage or risk loseing your doors as well as your new wax job. LOL

SPOOLFOOL2 said:
Total count was 10 TBs, 2 TTAs, and no rain. It was great to see so many quality cars (and people). I can only imagine how many would have showed up if rain hadn't been a factor. I think that we were the first group in the lot and the last to leave. It's kinda cool that even with out an "official" organazation that we probably got together the largest winter time TB gathering on the planet :cool: . A big thumbs up to all who showed up, and maybe sometime this year we can even beat this record :D .

Happy spoolin...

Mike barnard
I think I remember in Arizona I seen a picture of like 20 All black GNs Going down the freeway, anyone else see this picture?

EGOKILR said:
I think I remember in Arizona I seen a picture of like 20 All black GNs Going down the freeway, anyone else see this picture?
-----------------------------
There was one floating around on the turbo Buick sites a while back of a club function enroute in Oaklahoma, I believe.

turbolou said:
I hear rumours that Wells is gearing up to whip your ass. So you best leave it in the garage or risk loseing your doors as well as your new wax job. LOL

Hmmmm, ok gary what are you and your crew chief polack up too, is this true that you are gearing up to whoop on me., do you want a piece of me!!, if so bring it anytime anyday, you know im game, i will send you crying back to LOU for more mods :)..

WIKEDGN

wiked87gn said:
Hmmmm, ok gary what are you and your crew chief polack up too, is this true that you are gearing up to whoop on me., do you want a piece of me!!, if so bring it anytime anyday, you know im game, i will send you crying back to LOU for more mods :)..
WIKEDGN

SO I guess we have to find some deserted street somewhere... 'cause I hear Kevin is alergic to tracks...

ledzeppac said:
SO I guess we have to find some deserted street somewhere... 'cause I hear Kevin is alergic to tracks...

I think we should set up a race right on Adam's ave.. I'll flag, or even i'll race the 300TT...

wiked87gn said:
Hmmmm, ok gary what are you and your crew chief Pollock up too, is this true that you are gearing up to whoop on me., do you want a piece of me!!, if so bring it anytime any day, you know I'm game, i will send you crying back to LOU for more mods :)..

WIKEDGN
Uh Oh! I wonder what brought this on LOL ! Be careful what you wish for Harold. Remember that the answer to youth & enthusiasm is old age & deceit.

I think that is "Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill".
Kevin: you are going to give me a headstart, right?
Seriously, my car will need a lot more power before it will even come close to yours. Lou said that your car should make close to 400 at the rear wheel with the alky, and according to Lou my car would have a hard time even coming up with anywhere close to 300 at the crank. Probably somewhat less than that. I would be suprised to even see 255 at the crank on mine right now. But there might come a time......who knows. I am afraid to even wash the dirt off of my motor right now for fear that is all that is holding it together. Lou said that if I was to shell out 8K for that motor in his shop that with a little luck I might be able to run you a decent race. Do you suppose?
Actually, I probably slowed my car down a few tenths with that stupid thunderfat i/c. that sucker weights about 3 times as much as the stocker. I probably gained a tenth and lost about 5 for the weight difference.

Wells said:

sorry no head start for you, with Lou on your side no way, and No you will no be disconnecting my wastegate of the turbo which is probably the only way you can win.. :)

I wasn't going to disconnect your wastegate.
I was going to sugar your gastank and set the race for a month or so down the road.

Wells said:
Seriously, my car will need a lot more power before it will even come close to yours. Lou said that your car should make close to 400 at the rear wheel with the alky, and according to Lou my car would have a hard time even coming up with anywhere close to 300 at the crank. Probably somewhat less than that. I would be suprised to even see 265 at the crank on mine right now. But there might come a time......who knows. I am afraid to even wash the dirt off of my motor right now for fear that is all that is holding it together. Lou said that if I was to shell out 8K for that motor in his shop that with a little luck I might be able to run you a decent race. Do you suppose?
Actually, I probably slowed my car down a few tenths with that stupid thunderfat i/c. that sucker weights about 3 times as much as the stocker. I probably gained a tenth and lost about 5 for the weight difference.
Gary does that inter cooler honestly really work any better than the stock one with a bigger neck. My guess is that it doesn't. it would be interesting to test the difference by measuring pressure drop & temp difference across the core which I feel isn't as efficient as the stock design. it was established early on that the stock core worked well the inlet being the biggest draw back.Its just that they tried to squeeze too many rows in such a tight space.
In turn causing a restriction & pressure drop causing the turbo to work harder creating more heat. I may be off base here & really hard to know without some back up testing. So this is only an assumption based on past experience. Lou